Hogwarts Great Hall

I'm having SO much fun with this building feature. Here's a very crude attempt at the Great Hall from Hogwarts. Hard to do some of the nicer features limited resources, but I love how it turned out :p. I'm hoping the devs incorporate scquared paths and paths with no railings to that people can walk through this at ground-level.

QsehA19.png

Q7H6WEp.png

knAaJq2.png

MYvuMSo.png

IClkWtt.png

xK5xSMs.png

Last edited:
I've tried my hand at making the "forced perspective" style of the castle found at the Universal Parks. sadly I haven't found any pieces that I need to make them or even a scaling option to really make it just like in the parks.

Thanks all! This was my first attempt at creating anything in the game, and I had a blast. A few features I'm really hoping for (the building merge feature being one of them) and I can't WAIT to see more scenery objects added in future updates (I hope!). But there is just so much freedom. I really just wanted to see exactly what I could do with such limited resources so far, how much I could stretch objects and see how close I could come. Not perfect, but not too bad either!

One thing that would be great would be a "toggle grid" option where you could, with the press of a button, super-impose a grid on the current plane on which you are moving an object that has multiple lines, like on a ruler. It'd really help make movements and combining scenery pieces much more precise. I'm going to wait until more features come in before doing much more, but I definitely plan on making a whole Harry Potter World :D.

Also, I wish you could save buildings that you've made in one place and load them into other parks. This will probably be in the full version, I hope!

OMG I LOVE IT! I love what you have done with the windows! Fantastic! <3 <3

Thanks! :D

I added a bridge and a staircase going down to the boathouse, and fixed the roofing on the courtyard structure...I should stop before I go too far...xD

4qZ1FMk.png

vNr5lUi.png

3P2LLOj.png

Last edited:
I added a bridge and a staircase going down to the boathouse, and fixed the roofing on the courtyard structure...I should stop before I go too far...xD

There is no such thing as "too far" in this game, Keep it up, interesting to see what this turns into. Looking great!

This is so great. [up] [yum]

I can see how we need something like an invisible path system, so no handrails are seen, and so that we can have full choice of what is being walked on.

This is so great. [up] [yum]

I can see how we need something like an invisible path system, so no handrails are seen, and so that we can have full choice of what is being walked on.
i'd like a response from Frontier about revamping the path system, there's over 20 threads about it and it keeps popping up in unrelated threads as well [happy][happy][happy]

i'd like a response from Frontier about revamping the path system, there's over 20 threads about it and it keeps popping up in unrelated threads as well [happy][happy][happy]

Agreed. If they don't implement square paths at least, this game will be significantly limited in terms of creativity. If they implemented "floors" that the people can walk on instead of a "path" system altogether, that would be even cooler :p. It can be made so that people can't walk through scenery that is placed on it.

Thanks all for the comments :). This will likely be my last post until the next update, where we will hopefully have the ability to re-size scenery/buildings. I'm not too happy with Gryffindor Tower, and I can't complete it without domed pieces. So, this is where it stands with the alpha thus far, which is mighty impressive for an alpha! I can't wait to build the entire thing :D.

j8UYmNZ.png

Last edited:
Thanks!

So, I decided to give realistic building a try, rather than practical building. I admit that the results came out MUCH better, as this definitely resembles Hogwarts more. But I can't make an entire castle like this and have people actually walk through it. The interior of this building looks ridiculous. I'm hoping in future versions they will create pieces that will allow me to do a lot of this stuff on the walls and whatnot without having to make it go into the building. But yeah, I think this is pretty great! I got a lot of inspiration from Silvarret on Youtube (not sure if he's on these forums or not, but his work is AMAZING: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkSWAX1wZBnWQyRHWn17W0w).

ZvkdIm1.png

z4LNFRH.png

pkHRNgu.png

mNnobhB.png

Hl2C00a.png

5A8SpDa.png

Top Bottom