Hollow Asteroids! +/- giant space worms

If anyone ever played Descent, you'll know what I am talking about.

Briefly, it would be cool if there were some very large asteroids with caverns and tunnels in them, with high quality mining to be had in the depths. Passages might be too small for all ship classes to navigate.

Leading on from this, derelict space stations/wrecks/space hulks :)

An actual test of piloting skill with rewards to match, but what if a bigger ship is waiting outside to rob you?

+1.
I like that idea a lot.
It would introduce some interesting game play in an asteroid field.
Lets say you are engaged with an enemy player, your shields are down and you're taking damage, time to run OR hide...O look an asteroid with a hole in it.
You nip inside, power down and hit silent running, the enemy flies past searching for you....I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!

It would also make ship lights actually useful.

lol it would! tho what else would be cool would be players building maybe modular mining posts (way smaller then a station) in systems that the player faction has claimed/colonized allowing them to actually have a storage area to kind of say when mining so players will small cargo's don't have to keep making runs back and forth ;)

If anyone ever played Descent, you'll know what I am talking about.

Briefly, it would be cool if there were some very large asteroids with caverns and tunnels in them, with high quality mining to be had in the depths. Passages might be too small for all ship classes to navigate.

Leading on from this, derelict space stations/wrecks/space hulks :)

An actual test of piloting skill with rewards to match, but what if a bigger ship is waiting outside to rob you?

You should see the original concept video for scavenging from a couple of years ago (pre alpha even). Ship goes in to inspect a wrecked out hulk and then is ambushed by a team waiting for it outside which torpedoes it into oblivion. Hopefully we get something like that in the future.

Top Bottom