Today was a hard day for me.
Seen a lot, jumped a lot and found Evelyn's Light.

And this made me wonder, those memorial beacons are for us to remember a Fallen Commander.
I don't know how many of these memorial beacons are out there but I'm determent to find out.
Not because they must be located in a system where I never have been but to show my respect.
"to show my respect" because even though for some people it's just a pixel but for the family members and friends it means a lot more.
And therefore it means more to me also.

If we have a dedicated squadron for people who run out of fuel,
If we have a dedicated squadron for people who get stuck with their srv

Let's create a squadron, on all platforms, who are dedicated to visiting once a year ALL memorial beacons.
Let's do this.

I took the liberty to create a logo for a squadron as this and God knows, maybe Fdev is going to say no to a logo like this one.

bandicam 2020-09-20 21-21-54-706.png

Maybe one day, if we show to the community that we are serious, this logo can become a decal.
I hope that a lot of Cmdrs out there can relate to this idea that I have and maybe, maybe some will join me in this task.

I was on my way to Colonia but now ... I want to do something in return.
I want to let the family members know, the memorial beacon will never be forgotten.
And I want Fdev to know, we really appreciate what you are doing and we hope you will keep on doing it.

Because no matter what, The Honor Guard will always remember.

Community, let me know what you think, let me know if you want to join.

That's all
O7

(for obvious reasons, negative remarks or troll-ish comments are not needed. This is a sincere post, treat it as such)

Today was a hard day for me.
Seen a lot, jumped a lot and found Evelyn's Light.

And this made me wonder, those memorial beacons are for us to remember a Fallen Commander.
I don't know how many of these memorial beacons are out there but I'm determent to find out.
Not because they must be located in a system where I never have been but to show my respect.
"to show my respect" because even though for some people it's just a pixel but for the family members and friends it means a lot more.
And therefore it means more to me also.

If we have a dedicated squadron for people who run out of fuel,
If we have a dedicated squadron for people who get stuck with their srv

Let's create a squadron, on all platforms, who are dedicated to visiting once a year ALL memorial beacons.
Let's do this.

I took the liberty to create a logo for a squadron as this and God knows, maybe Fdev is going to say no to a logo like this one.

View attachment 188802

Maybe one day, if we show to the community that we are serious, this logo can become a decal.
I hope that a lot of Cmdrs out there can relate to this idea that I have and maybe, maybe some will join me in this task.

I was on my way to Colonia but now ... I want to do something in return.
I want to let the family members know, the memorial beacon will never be forgotten.
And I want Fdev to know, we really appreciate what you are doing and we hope you will keep on doing it.

Because no matter what, The Honor Guard will always remember.

Community, let me know what you think, let me know if you want to join.

That's all
O7

(for obvious reasons, negative remarks or troll-ish comments are not needed. This is a sincere post, treat it as such)
"Why wait for tomorrow if it can be done today"

I like the idea of things that pay respects to our fallen commanders, but I'm not sure a squadron to curate the list of memorials is the right form for this to take, I'm thinking maybe a beacon at Tionisla that transmits the list of memorial locations would be a better fit? Or perhaps a CODEX entry/section?

As long as people can only belong to one squadron at a time then I think it is not a great idea.
I must disagree, how many fuelrats are in the squadron of the fuelrats? not that many.
If I can find 2 more people , never been in a squadron on the xbox and the pc platform ,then we have found enough HG connected people.

From that moment on we can work a schedule out and put it as a Public mission on INARA, And if you want to fly wih us, you are one of us, even when you are in your own squadron.

I must disagree, how many fuelrats are in the squadron of the fuelrats? not that many.
If I can find 2 more people , never been in a squadron on the xbox and the pc platform ,then we have found enough HG connected people.

Are you confusing squadrons (in-game) with player groups (outside the game) or private groups (in-game)?

e.g. on the Fuel rats website:

and their INARA presence:

vs their "leaderboard":

Last edited:
Are you confusing squadrons (in-game) with player groups (outside the game) or private groups (in-game)?

e.g. on the Fuel rats website:

and their INARA presence:

vs their "leaderboard":

I rest my case, you are right Sir.

Was a day set or route planned?

I've been wanting to do this for a while but couldn't find a list of all the memorials added to the game.

I wasn't expecting Evelyn's Light to affect me as much as it did when I went there - now I'd like to pay respects at other RL memorials, but is there a list?

Top Bottom