Honoring the Epic Ships of Elite – Followup & Continuation

RASPBERRY PI-FON PYTHON CMDR ??? ??????

Exploration build with a max jump range of 54ly. Currently searching the galaxy for CMDR Thrust from Bradford to get my chocolate digestives back.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders. Here's my entry:

Azhanti High Lightning, LO-12A – Anaconda – CMDR Logan Darklighter

283256x1523.jpg

The latest addition to my small group of ships. And I worked hard to be able to afford her and her upgrades. In particular the Frameshift drive, Powerplant and Energy Distributer modules. Which allow for multiple load-outs for missions.

Mainly she serves in three roles:

- Combat build to patrol Hazardous Resource Sites and Bounty Hunt
- Bulk transport with weapons for defense
- Exploration Build - no weapons, stripped down hull, lightweight components and maximized Jump Range

There's often some overlap between the Combat and Transport loadouts based on specific mission requirements.

If the Cobra Mk III and IV are the General Purpose "Jack of All Trades" to the smaller, lighter weight class of ships, the Anaconda is the same for the heavy class in my opinion. And one of the main reasons why I went with an Anaconda over a Corvette or a Cutter. And like my Cobra (Blue Hayabusa) this ship has become a "home" for me. Passengers? Cargo? Combat? Exploration? I've done it all in this trusty spaceframe, and I've not even had her a full year yet.

45099x2009.jpg

45612x9306.jpg

I've been to the far edge of both the "North" and "South" sides of the Galactic Plane. I've run the Neutron Highway. I've discovered half a dozen new Earthlike worlds and hundreds of potential resource planets and moons. I've fought Thargoids and Human pirates.

45613x1542.jpg

45770x9461.jpg

45935x9888.jpg

But the most worthwhile thing I believe I've done - if perhaps mainly as a symbolic gesture - was participate in the transport of hundreds of Meta Alloys to get the Mega Ship Dove Enigma back up and running after some had UA bombed it before CMDR DoveEnigma docked there at the end of his journey. I like so many others heard the call. I was in the Pleiades Cluster at the time, and I had the same thought run through my head that hundreds of other Commanders must have had.

THIS WILL NOT STAND.

I docked and stripped down the Azhanti High Lightning to her bare frame, not even keeping an SRV or fighter aboard. Fitted a giant fuel scoop, a basic AFMD and shields that were not much more than debris deflectors. Took off the weapons from the hardpoints. Stripped back everything I could to make her as lightweight as possible. Then I loaded up the expanded cargo bays with over 350 Tons of Meta Alloys.

Then I lit out of there as fast as my FSD could take her. Headed for the Neutron Highway. I'd flown the route before in my ASP. But this was going to be different. No real exploration. Perfunctory "honking" at systems I hadn't been to but no detailed scans. But other than that, just jump after jump after jump and Neutron Star boosting where I could.

43707x1546.jpg

Apparently the local criminal element out near Colonia got wind of the wave of CMDRs approaching. I encountered my first attempt at interdiction about 500 LYs from Colonia. I couldn't afford to get caught. I had nothing to fight back with and the stripped down hull wouldn't take much before being shot to pieces. And the Meta Alloy load would weigh me down too much in Newton-Space for me to escape.

Let me tell you - it got hairy there. I dodged about 10 interdiction attempts during that final approach to Colonia. Some of them I outran, some I put the star between me and the pirate before they could get a lock on me. Some I outright beat the interdiction with pure maneuvering. And at least once I dodged between the inner and outer rings of a gas giant during interdiction and watched - amazed - as the pirate got slammed out of Supercruise into the rings. I don't know if he survived that, I didn't stick around to check.

But obviously I made it - so I guess in the ancient Terran idiom, I had "The Right Stuff" that day.

I made it to Colonia and Dove Enigma with my cargo. And did my part to get the Mega-Ship up to full service status. I wasn't there when CMDR DoveEnigma made his final landing. I was over on Jacques station in the bar hoisting a salute to him as the feed was broadcast. (Hey - He couldn't LAND if all of us were hogging the landing bays over there!)

44149x2905.jpg

44150x1491.jpg

After the Dove Enigma run, I decided to refit the Azhanti High Lightning for some true exploration runs.

45771x2015.jpg

45812x3054.jpg

45880x1015.jpg

45882x1794.jpg

I haven't made it back to the bubble or to Sag A yet. I'm trying to convince a couple of friends to come with me on the trip. I've made a lot of money out here with exploration survey bonuses and high value cargo runs. But I think it's soon going to be time for the Lightning to return to the Bubble.

47811x1525.jpg

(Meta context - the name Azhanti High Lightning is a reference to the ship of the same name and table-top gaming supplement from the old GDW Traveller series of RPGs - specifically their "Third Imperium" setting. If you're curious - just google "Azhanti High Lightning" - there's lots of references and web pages that mention the original source. Interesting note - the original Azhanti High Lightning was designed with her decks aligned with the direction of vector - just like the ships of the book and TV sci-fi series "The Expanse". )

The Dogs of War - MUMU - Cobra Mk 4 - CMDR Agony Aunt

They said it couldn't be done. They said it shouldn't be done. They said there are better ships. They said it was a bad ship. They said i was mad!

I proved them wrong.

Presenting The Dogs of War, named after a song by an old Earth group known as Pink Floyd.

PytY1F7.png

It is designed as a heavy small fighter with a focus on surviving and thriving in combat zones. With a focus on B rated modules, engineered for integrity, and armoured, it can take a pounding even when the shields drop.

Its armanments are turreted multicannons which means in combat the pilot can focus on evasive manouvers and also makes it suitable for a copilot to come along and take control of the weapons.

Specifications can be found here: https://s.orbis.zone/BEdfXFdR

Or check the image here.
1cUl6ra.png

Despite still requiring some engineering work, she has proven herself already a worthy ship. After some initial shakedown manouvers she was taken to assist the Soceity of Grey Beards in a war for control of a system.

Facing ships larger than her, and with allies flying large ships around her, she dove and wove through the battle, cannons spewing forth death and destruction. The big ships couldn't target her, the little ships couldn't hurt her. Many combat bonds were handed in that day.

A formidable little fighter indeed!

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip The Dogs of War

Nice one; added to the roster. [up]

Hmm, not seeing embedded images now for some reason. [where is it]

Something messing up with imgur recently on the forums.

Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/PytY1F7.png

Using the link, it's saying the image can't be displayed because it contains errors. Probably something on Imgur's side of things. They did do an update relatively recently. Well, hopefully it's resolved soon. Logging onto the site itself, it looks like all my images are still there and intact at least.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Using the link, it's saying the image can't be displayed because it contains errors. Probably something on Imgur's side of things. They did do an update relatively recently. Well, hopefully it's resolved soon. Logging onto the site itself, it looks like all my images are still there and intact at least.

Cheers.

Yeah, i can view it fine myself as well.

How about this one? https://imgur.com/PytY1F7

Updated my entry for The Ronin (post #2) to include my pictures from Small Worlds Expedition 3.

Hope the season is finding you all well.

Cheers.

Roster moved to top of OP and put in spoiler.

Let me know if anyone has trouble viewing it or selecting the entry links to the posts. I hear this might be an issue for some on mobile devices.

Cheers.

Updated my ship's entry to include Distant Worlds 2 pictures through to reaching Beagle Point.

Some may want to check and update their entries to account for forum updates.

Still hoping to see more ship entries as well!

Cheers. o7

Updated my ship's entry to include Distant Worlds 2 pictures through to reaching Beagle Point.

Some may want to check and update their entries to account for forum updates.

Still hoping to see more ship entries as well!

Cheers. o7

Will get in an update for the Kererū once I resolve the issues I am having with Photobucket... again..

Have the
Defense of Kamadhenu
Gnosis Journey
The Conflicts with the CPC
and
DW2 Com pelted
to add

INCV Iron Hammerhead, JS-KMT, Krait Mark II, CMDR J.States

Greetings, CMDRs! Just checking in to show off the flagship of my small personal fleet: the "Iron Hammerhead."

Right now she's about 90% engineered. I'm running a Guardian Hybrid Power Plant for an even more ridiculous amount of power. The Hammerhead is a combat ship, so I'm content with a respectable ~32.5ly jump range. Shields and shield boosters partially engineered, so she is pretty hard in combat, and I've almost maxed out the thrusters with G4+ dirty drives with drag, so the Hammerhead is nimble enough to dogfight smaller ships easily. Loadout is currently 1x large efficient beam laser with thermal vent, 2x efficient large MCs with incendiary rounds, and 2x medium frag cannons, one with corrosive and one with screening shell.

Currently this is my only ship with a non-standard ship kit and paint job; I was flying it so much that about a month ago I decided, "Eh, why not?" and ponied up for some extras. I run the Hammerhead with cyan engine trails and blue weapons; down the road if I start doing more PVP it will be good to mask the weapon fire so as to be less predictable. :)

EliteDangerous64 2019-07-10 12-53-53-90.jpg
EliteDangerous64 2019-07-10 12-54-44-46.jpgEliteDangerous64 2019-07-10 12-55-21-09.jpg

Cheers, Commander.

I added your ship to the roster. Thanks for submitting it and the write-up.

I haven't gotten around to messing about in a Krait yet, but it looks like a rather nice ship indeed, especially with that ship kit on it! :)

Now we just need Pilots Federation approved entry to some atmospheric worlds and water worlds to put these various stabilizer fins and such to good use.

o7

Last edited:
Cheers, Commander.

I added your ship to the roster. Thanks for submitting it and the write-up.

I haven't gotten around to messing about in a Krait yet, but it looks like a rather nice ship indeed, especially with that ship kit on it! :)

Now we just need Pilots Federation approved entry to some atmospheric worlds and water worlds to put these various stabilizer fins and such to good use.

o7
Haha, indeed, and that "Marine Blue" paint needs something to blend into...

My submission:
Quinn, DW-394, Beluga Liner, CMDR Red_Beard_98

Meet Quinn
Screenshot_0291.jpg

Some of my notable achievements in this beautiful beast:
  • Obtaining Elite exploration rank
  • Completing DW2, over 200k ly of travel and my personal favorite accomplishment so far in the game
  • Assisted with building Explorers Achorage
  • Rescuing many stranded civilians from stations attacked by the Thargoids
While many of these accomplishment pale in comparison to others who have posted here (some truly amazing achievements from some posters here), Quinn has been one of my favorite ships to fly in this game and I sure this list of accomplishment will expand in the future. I find Beluga's to be one of the best looking ships in the game; there are many good looking ships though. Here are a couple more shots of this beauty doing her thing:

Screenshot_0328.jpg

Screenshot_0384.jpg

It was a bit hard to choose a ship to submit but I think I have enjoyed my time flying Quinn the most thus far. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 screenshots featuring this beauty, a very photogenic ship as well :)

Top Bottom