Hopes for rescuing 11 species for Sanctuary

I've played through the Sanctuary DLC and really did enjoy it, aside from tornadoes dropping down on the fences for my carnivore paddocks! However, I would have liked to have rescued 11 species from Nublar North, in stead of just the 8, like what Mills kept refering to in JWFK.
Although I guess it can be argued that you can rescue 9, if you count unlocking the T-Rex via the photography contract?

Here's a list of the species that I think they rescued in the movie. And according to my count, they saved 14 if you count the Pteranodon.
1. Apatosaurus
2. Triceratops
3. Sinoceratops
4. Stegosaurus
5. Stygimoloch
7. Gallimimus
8. Baryonyx
9. Carnotaurus
10. Allosaurus
11. Tyrannosaurus rex
12. Parasaurolophus
13. Blue (Raptor)
14. Pteranodon

So if my count is right, that means the movie script had a mistake. Maybe it's one of those movie flaws that they we're too out of schedule to fix, and they just hoped no one would figure it out.

Last edited:
I've played through the Sanctuary DLC and really did enjoy it, aside from tornadoes dropping down on the fences for my carnivore paddocks! However, I would have liked to have rescued 11 species from Nublar North, in stead of just the 8, like what Mills kept refering to in JWFK.
Although I guess it can be argued that you can rescue 9, if you count unlocking the T-Rex via the photography contract?
On Sanctuary in campaign mode, you can have up to 14 species maximum. The 8 species you can rescue, the trex you can unlock in the Nublar North photograph side quest, and the five you can access by default (euoplocephalus, ouranosaurus, polacanthus, kentrosaurus, and velociraptor). I think the intention for the DLC was for players to be placed in a difficult scenario and have them manage through it for that kind of immersion of a challenge, rather than having everything all together.
Here's a list of the species that I think they rescued in the movie. And according to my count, they saved 14 if you count the Pteranodon.
1. Apatosaurus
2. Triceratops
3. Sinoceratops
4. Stegosaurus
5. Stygimoloch
7. Gallimimus
8. Baryonyx
9. Carnotaurus
10. Allosaurus
11. Tyrannosaurus rex
12. Parasaurolophus
13. Blue (Raptor)
14. Pteranodon

So if my count is right, that means the movie script had a mistake. Maybe it's one of those movie flaws that they we're too out of schedule to fix, and they just hoped no one would figure it out.
Honestly, I don’t think it’s a script problem, I think it was an intended part of the movie not for the rescue and rehabilitate plan Lockwood had, it was part of the corruption for the auctioning.

And the species list during the auction showed more species than on screen (pachyrhinosaurus and brachiosaurus) Plus, it’s officially confirmed there were more species freed in the last film than what was shown on screen because of, in-universe terms, camera angles.

(Also, you for got to add compsognathus in the list, making 15 visible rescued species on screen.)

Last edited:
And the species list during the auction showed more species than on screen (pachyrhinosaurus and brachiosaurus) Plus, it’s officially confirmed there were more species freed in the last film than what was shown on screen because of, in-universe terms, camera angles.
I'm can't remember if it was in unused footage or not but on one of the security monitors viewing the dino cells at the Lockwood Manor there is what appears to be a Succhomimus.

I'm can't remember if it was in unused footage or not but on one of the security monitors viewing the dino cells at the Lockwood Manor there is what appears to be a Succhomimus.
Or it could've been a baryonyx, a dinosaur that did appear in the film, because I doubt they made a physical or computer model for a suchomimus at the time of production.

On Sanctuary in campaign mode, you can have up to 14 species maximum. The 8 species you can rescue, the trex you can unlock in the Nublar North photograph side quest, and the five you can access by default (euoplocephalus, ouranosaurus, polacanthus, kentrosaurus, and velociraptor). I think the intention for the DLC was for players to be placed in a difficult scenario and have them manage through it for that kind of immersion of a challenge, rather than having everything all together.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a script problem, I think it was an intended part of the movie not for the rescue and rehabilitate plan Lockwood had, it was part of the corruption for the auctioning.

(Also, you for got to add compsognathus in the list, making 15 visible rescued species on screen.)
Yeah, I forgot the Compsognathus. Really? A Pachyrhinosaurus and the Brachiosaurus was in the auction? I wasn't aware of that, I'll have to rewatch the movie and slow down the auction part to see it for myself.

If Pachyrhinosaurus was in the film, then there is a chance that it will be added in the game (With the Movie Design) if that's the case.

If Pachyrhinosaurus was in the film, then there is a chance that it will be added in the game (With the Movie Design) if that's the case.
What I mean is the two dinosaur species had their names listed on the auction screen monitor.

Pachyrhinosaurus didn't physically appear in the film, but it almost did. It was supposed to be the dinosaur that is now known as the Sinoceratops. The named changed some time shortly after the first reveal trailer that did show the sinoceratops, probably as a last minute call. I don't know why they changed it to sinoceratops then, but I presume it's because it was a dinosaur that closely resembled the model that was used for the pachyrhinosuarus. Some depictions show theoretical keratinous nasal horns like rhinos, and I believe in theory that's why the pachyrhinosaurus was given that horned appearance before the species's name change, while signs of "Pachyrhinosaurus" features still remain in the models, such as the small middle horns. Even the sinoceratops in merchandising resembled more like pachyrhinosaurus "presumably" because of that last minute change for the lines.

While the pachyrhinosaurus never made a physical appearance in the final film, it is still an Isla Nublar species that's part of the film universe, as accordingly to the auction screen list and a species list from the official DPG website designed as an in-universe website.

(In fact, Sinoceratops was't a part of the list from the start. The list was updated to add it after the Pachyrhinosaurus in the film was renamed to that species.)

Pachyrhinosaurus is almost certain to make it later into the game at some point because of named files within the game's inner files associated with it. It's only a matter of knowing when exactly it would be added and through what. Will it be in a 3+ dinosaur pack or a major DLC expansion? That we all have to wait and see.

Last edited:
What I mean is the two dinosaur species had their names listed on the auction screen monitor.

Pachyrhinosaurus didn't physically appear in the film, but it almost did. It was supposed to be the dinosaur that is now known as the Sinoceratops. The named changed some time shortly after the first reveal trailer that did show the sinoceratops, probably as a last minute call. I don't know why they changed it to sinoceratops then, but I presume it's because it was a dinosaur that closely resembled the model that was used for the pachyrhinosuarus. Some depictions show theoretical keratinous nasal horns like rhinos, and I believe in theory that's why the pachyrhinosaurus was given that horned appearance before the species's name change, while signs of "Pachyrhinosaurus" features still remain in the models, such as the small middle horns. Even the sinoceratops in merchandising resembled more like pachyrhinosaurus "presumably" because of that last minute change for the lines.

While the pachyrhinosaurus never made a physical appearance in the final film, it is still an Isla Nublar species that's part of the film universe, as accordingly to the auction screen list and a species list from the official DPG website designed as an in-universe website.

(In fact, Sinoceratops was't a part of the list from the start. The list was updated to add it after the Pachyrhinosaurus in the film was renamed to that species.)

Pachyrhinosaurus is almost certain to make it later into the game at some point because of named files within the game's inner files associated with it. It's only a matter of knowing when exactly it would be added and through what. Will it be in a 3+ dinosaur pack or a major DLC expansion? That we all have to wait and see.
Remember that scene where Eli (I'm not sure if I'm using the correct name) showed Claire a representation of Sanctuary, and showed a species list of dinosaurs that they can save, I saw the Sinoceratops in the Files, but not the Pachyrhinosaurus. Well, let's all forget that.

Top Bottom