Horizons Not working

I'm having an issue where, I'm playing the game normally. When I access content like landing on a planet, or accessing the engineers-the game defaults to the Warning in the upper right hand of the screen "you must have horizons".

This is peculiar because of a few reasons. I've had horizons for the past year (at least), and launched the game from the Elite Dangerous:Horizons via Steam. This is the first time this issue has occurred for me, and the game now continuously does it, whether it's been restarted, closed, reopened, etc.

Has anyone else had this issue?

when you fire up elite through steam does the ED launcher pop up? at the bottom left corner of it there is a list of clients you can start. is horizons highlighted?

when you fire up elite through steam does the ED launcher pop up? at the bottom left corner of it there is a list of clients you can start. is horizons highlighted?

Normally when I click "run" for Elite in my Steam Library a window appears with radio buttons to select Elite Dangerous or Horizons or the VR version - the Elite launcher then appears with just a "Play" button. Only if I run the game from a shortcut (using the Steam version) do I get the normal launcher with the options.

Normally when I click "run" for Elite in my Steam Library a window appears with radio buttons to select Elite Dangerous or Horizons or the VR version - the Elite launcher then appears with just a "Play" button. Only if I run the game from a shortcut (using the Steam version) do I get the normal launcher with the options.
hmm interesting, when I start Elite from Steam Lib I get full launcher including mentioned options...

This issue resolved itself, but here's what was happening.

-That being said,when I click "play" from steam, it opens a mini menu asking if which version I want to launch (regular, horizons, or VR) I selected Horizons.
-Afterwards, a launcher pops up that has the Elite Dangerous: Horizons Insiginia on the top left. Some of the images and window show up (never all of it for some reason), but the play button is always available.
-I select"play" again from the ED:Horizons launcher, and it launches the game. It loads themain menu from ED: Horizons.
-Then I would get into the game and I wouldn't be able to land on planets and get the error message I was mentioning in the first post.

Only after this last update, I started getting this error intermittently.

In fact, it just happened while I was at Bray Landing (planetary) in Yuajia for the cheap tech broker stuff. As I was taking off to go back to my carrier, it immediately popped me way up in orbit and said I didn't have Horizons. I had to get completely out of the game and launcher (not running in Steam) in order to fix the problem.

Top Bottom