Hostile from fighting in CZ - no missions taken

Last I checked, cashing in the bonds is what influences who wins the war/civil war, not winning the individual CZ battles. You are suggesting that was changed too?

Since the December update and CZ changes I've won wars purely by winning the CZ battles. Bonds, Bounties and war missions have an effect on the daily outcome but it appears to be less than actually winning the battles.
Low CZ= small effect, Medium=medium effect and High=large effect.

Since the December update and CZ changes I've won wars purely by winning the CZ battles. Bonds, Bounties and war missions have an effect on the daily outcome but it appears to be less than actually winning the battles.
That's good then, at least still can totally flip a system doing just CZ's.

I have only been playing this game a few months and one of the most difficult things has been to figure out what information online is outdated and what is accurate....sometimes it feels like I need to read 4 years worth of patch notes just to be sure on things. I just ask here instead. Thank you for answering!

I can't remember when I last was hostile to some faction out there. How does hostility work? Do they need to scan you or is it like you have fine or bounty? Of the former was the case, then you could get into stations like when smuggling which is in my eyes not too hard. Although certainly more risky than smuggling. Probably off-balanced. And also hard for new players. But that'd be alright for me.

You become Kill-on-sight to any station ruled by the faction you're hostile with so don't come within about 4-7km of them. This does not give you anonymous access, it just gives you station lazers.

yeah it was... I also reported it weeks back, a few times.
this is nt the rank with powers, this is the rep with local system factions. which add a cool twist to factions taking over an entire system, by the time you take all the assets the factions will hate you.... not only in the system but all surrounding systems that faction is in.... so some systems stations you will not be able to go near.... this is cool

Actually, the way it works at the moment, you'll be hostile within 1-2 days of the first war, not "by the time you take all the assets".

I think those that are welcoming this will find out in a couple of weeks when the slow 3.3 mission board will only give you delivery missions to stations you can't dock at, when you can't dock anywhere in whole systems and be restricted to stations of your own until after a week your rep drops from hostile to unfriendly.

It puts attackers at a significant disadvantage compared to defenders, where only 1/2 or 2/3rds of the effort made counts compared to those that can dock locally. The random distribution of asset control will have a significant impact on whether a conflict is balanced or not. This would get amplified in player BGS conflicts. It won't be anymore who does more than the other. But it will be who will do more than the other where one side's contributions count for more and requires less effort in wasting time through travel.

For immersion and role play? Sure. For balanced BGS play and enjoyable gameplay? Not at all. We'll see soon enough whether the player community "enjoys" this change or instead just decide not to bother.

BGS is a daily activity. So, losing a BGS player is a pretty much 1 to 1 drop in the Daily Active User metric. Making BGS more tedious is never a good idea, we saw the drop in activity in Jan/Feb and groups are still recovering from that. I don't think it is a good idea to make faction player harder and less fun.

Don't limit what people want to do and put obstacles in their place. Just like the limiting of the current mission board, don't limit CMDRs who want to play combat and work for their faction. This seems "fun" on paper, and even "logical" when at a distance. I predict people will end up hating this, once they see the actual consequences. The imbalance it creates makes me think this is the BGS's drag munitions.

Good luck, small PMFs... At least big factions get the defensive benefits from this.

I think those that are welcoming this will find out in a couple of weeks when the slow 3.3 mission board will only give you delivery missions to stations you can't dock at, when you can't dock anywhere in whole systems and be restricted to stations of your own until after a week your rep drops from hostile to unfriendly.

I want this. I really really want this. I want there to be whole swaths of the map where your personal history in a region has significant impact on what you can do and how you can go about it.

But I'd like it more there were a robust set of options for dealing with all of the problems that your actions can create. I want my actions to have positive and "negative" repurcussions. But I want the "negative" repurcussions to have interesting solutions or coping strategies as opposed to just walling off or rolling back progress.

I'm leader of one of those small PMFs, we've got presence in 5 systems but only control 2 of those at the moment. Frankly I love the new changes, and agree with Kaocraft. I want my actions to have an impact on the space around me.

You become Kill-on-sight to any station ruled by the faction you're hostile with so don't come within about 4-7km of them. This does not give you anonymous access, it just gives you station lazers.

So does this mean you'll be automatically denied docking permission and fired on no matter what, or can you go silent running and get in? I think if it's still possible, but dangerous, to dock at a hostile station, that this would add an interesting layer of complexity to challenging an established faction. If it's just straight up impossible to dock,
though, then this breaks the system and needs to be remedied or mitigated in some way.

Pretty much the only time this becomes an issue is when the controlling faction is only present in the system the CZ is in. As long as they're present anywhere else, you can jump over to another system, run a couple of high-rep missions, and you're good. I think overall this is going to be a rare problem.

I want this. I really really want this. I want there to be whole swaths of the map where your personal history in a region has significant impact on what you can do and how you can go about it.

I actually agree. But for the sake of balance:
  • Give factions at war without asset a temporary one, like a mega-ship, so it doesn't get impossible too cheesy to help them win.
  • Abolish wars between factions of the same superpower or at least significantly limit them.
As as an Alliance player group, we frequently end up at war with the surrounding Alliance NPC factions. Sooner or later I will be hostile with all major minor factions in the area (Alioth Independents control 24 systems, many of which are very important ones in the region with engineers and services)

If you want to make wars more realistic, go all the way through with it. I don't believe these two things would be too hard to implement, and they are clearly necessary if the rep effect changes are here to stay.

By the way, conflict zones with capital ships are broken too.

Last edited:
i think it wasn't just 3, but also the ones from yesterday, which brings it closer to 9-10. Still, that means in a day, 2 at most, you could easily be hostile, when wars can last 7.

I am pretty sure that this only started working as the message at victory said since 3.3 from last thursday/yesterday with the server tick.

Here's an interesting scenario: you're docked at a station your faction owns, and it's a draw after 6 days. You work hard, then dock before going to bed. The next day, after tick, you find out your faction lost. That can be disappointing, but now you have a new task....

How to exit the station you are docked in now that ownership changed and you're hostile? Better have those G5 DDs fitted and hope you make it to 7km out before 💥

And if you fail, you get to try again. And again. As long as it takes. Hope you have plenty of rebuys...

Un-dock, shoot station right away, get destroyed, enjoy your free trip to a detention center. Perhaps not the most elegant solution but folks need to start thinking ahead more.

I'm fine with this change. There should be more consequences for acting against factions.

Right. You don't even need to dock at those hostile stations.

Top Bottom