HOTAS Flight Stick for Xbox

Its pad emulation not a USB stand alone unit... USB hotas mode is only supported on PC not Xbox..

ED does support it by default as its seen as a gamepad not a USB hotas... but there is no config for it in the controll screen manual set up by user..

All the buttons are set up for Ace combat 7 controlls on the hotas Not ED so nearly every button needs to be remapped by the USER in elite dangerous to equal a hotas lay out... Ace combat 7 uses Face buttons for Primary and secondary fire not the triggers of the pad for example so the trigger on the hori is B not right trigger...
Due to pad emulation the Deadzones are massive on the throttle and stick as Ace combat 7 is an arcade shooter it does not matter as ED needs finer controll its an issue These are Hardware deadzones not software in Elite dangerous...

Due to pad emulation the throttle acts as button presses not analogue...
The advantage of pad emulation is that you don't require games to support the USB driver of a hotas but instead support full button remapping in a flight game it also avoids having to get microsoft to agree to push out Firmware updates to allow the USB controller they did not want and its up to Namco to advertise with ace combat 7 no microsoft...

Yes it can work but its worse then the Existing thrustmaster t-flight one as its built for other titles not ED...

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Xbox Elite Controller or Razer Wolverine is the best way to play ED on Xbox. I wish it were the Thrustmaster but the build quality is so poor I simply cannot recommend it.

Looks very cool! Would love to try it but it's $120 :-(
no trust me you dont want to try it it is not good for elite at all. the hotas one however was made for elite . the quality is not the highest but it works and is really the only option.

Xbox Elite Controller or Razer Wolverine is the best way to play ED on Xbox. I wish it were the Thrustmaster but the build quality is so poor I simply cannot recommend it.

Can you elaborate on what you said about the elite or razor controller please?

Are they better because of the paddles? I looked at the elite and thought the paddles would be perfect for controlling speed. Using the bumpers makes it virtually impossible to control speed and fire weapons at the same time without it being really uncomfortable whereas the paddles would solve that.

The price of the elite controller is too much for me though. It doesn't seem to be coming down either despite the new version coming out soon. The razor isn't cheap either.

no trust me you dont want to try it it is not good for elite at all. the hotas one however was made for elite . the quality is not the highest but it works and is really the only option.

I hear you, but I tried a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas but couldn't use it because it didn't have enough buttons :-( I now use the T16000M on PC.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the paddles on the back of the original XBox Elite Wireless Controller, only duplicate the functionality of the other buttons, they do not provide 'additional' buttons. Having said that it does make performing otherwise tricky button combinations, such as X+B, without removing thumbs from the thumbsticks easier.

If I understand correctly the Mrk II Elite Controller will allow the paddles to be assigned independently, to ....

"Utilise exclusive configuration options including deadzone adjustment and button mapping to voice commands such as “record that” or “take a screenshot”. "

But I'm unclear as to whether independent control mapping within Elite Dangerous is supported for them.

I'm currently using a warranty replacement Thrustmaster HOTAS One - ( 1st one was successfully repaired as detailed above) and it's been good so far, for more hours than I care to mention. I find it superior to the standard XBox controller for E.D. Personally given the price differential I'd go with the HOTAS over the Elite controller.

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the paddles on the back of the original XBox Elite Wireless Controller, only duplicate the functionality of the other buttons, they do not provide 'additional' buttons. Having said that it does make performing otherwise tricky button combinations, such as X+B, without removing thumbs from the thumbsticks easier.

If I understand correctly the Mrk II Elite Controller will allow the paddles to be assigned independently, to ....

"Utilise exclusive configuration options including deadzone adjustment and button mapping to voice commands such as “record that” or “take a screenshot”. "

But I'm unclear as to whether independent control mapping within Elite Dangerous is supported for them.

I'm currently using a warranty replacement Thrustmaster HOTAS One - ( 1st one was successfully repaired as detailed above) and it's been good so far, for more hours than I care to mention. I find it superior to the standard XBox controller for E.D. Personally given the price differential I'd go with the HOTAS over the Elite controller.

Yes, I think you're right. The paddles on the Elite controllor can only replicate existing buttons. The obvious option to me seems to be to have them replicate the speed controls that default to LB and RB as I use my index fingers for that and also for the triggers, meaning I can't adjust speed and fire at the same time.

It'll be interesting to see whether ED would allow you to take advantage of what the Elite mk2 controllers will do re the paddles

Top Bottom