HOTAS Support

Hi guys,

I used to play E:D op de pc before getting a PS4. I used the Hotas 3 (for PS3/PC). Do you think it would work on the PS4? I tried it on On Man's Sky, but that didn't take.

If frontier do support that stick I'm sure a fair few xbox players (myself included) will end up switching console :) Im already debating picking one up and trying that fighter game that comes with it lol 😁

Let me water your mouth guy's ( an gals ). I have the Hotas 4 a Mac/win10 and PS4.

The Hotas is very well worth the few bucks it costs and if you combine it with te optional rudder you get 8 anslog axis on pc / mac

I bought it over the other hotas around on a bet for ED PS4 since i was expecting the release to happen in not to far future ( lucky me )

Right now i only tried it with war thunder on the PS4 but there it is big deal compared to a game controller. Much better control and even more imersive!

ED with Hotas 4 and Playstation VR support will be more adictive then whats good for me :) ( at the feaction of the price for an PC VR setup!!! )

As everybody might have learned, an iMAC is not the best machine to use for ED :-( even with Bootcamp.

I would guess the hotas is like a gamepad to the PS4 but i will put the theorie to the test this weekend and let you know...

Greetings,

From what I can tell Sony has only licensed the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS 4 for use with their consoles. The games it works with has to be able to identify it as a joystick for the controls to work. Thus it would not be a plug-n-play requiring the Devs to work their end of the connection. Given the popularity of ED I imagine that Sony/Thrustmaster would be willing to assist. Without licensing I don't see any other HOTAS being developed for the PS4.

Meanwhile the XBox One players seem to be doing just fine with their standard controllers. Just a different way of thinking. The PS4 Dual-Shock controller also has a few tricks including a TouchPad.

e.Rogue made a controller list. Looks pretty detailed.

XB Controller List

Last edited:
Already asked santa lol 😁 please support it frontier!

Reading the latest news letter even the default controller sounds interesting as they are using the four corners of the touchpad for extra buttons and using the motion tracking for head movements! 😎

The Thrustmaster joystick should work automatically on the PS4 although it doesn't always seem so clear cut. I have a Fanatec wheel which works flawlessly with Project Cars and DIRT Rally on my PS4 yet never worked with Driveclub and now wont work on any new driving games because Sony now says its not an officially licensed wheel so developers wont include support for it.

Santa now has it on his list as well as a ps4 pro lol ;) not just for elite! Although I'd better start saving for a 4K TV next :eek:

MS needs to get off their butts and fix this issue.
A HOTAS is desperately needed for the One.
I am on the fence already.

They should work on this, seriously.
Id pay the money. If i cannot have it and the other system in the room can, the only thing that would even hold me back for a moment is the game data transfer.
If it turns out that one could transfer game progress from One to PS4.......

Catch my drift MS?

Well the TFlight 4 Hotas isn't compatible with No Mans Sky, so presumably some work is needed.

Hmm. So it seems it is not seen as a controller replacement, like the HORI TAC 4 (Licensed Mouse and keypad) which works in every game. Seems pointless then.

I'll just stick to my PC HOTAS and save 60 quid by using the controller once we get the PS4 version.

Afterthought: I wonder if my Tuact Venom-X would let me plug the HOTAS in.... have to investigate that

That Thrustmaster looks pretty cheap to be honest. I need to be able tp map my Saitek X52 Pro, hard mounted to my rig! Please support HOTAS for PS4! I beg you.

30872494243_4c575a030a_b.jpg

30872513233_17780f4378_b.jpg

I'm gonna hold off ordering one until it's confirmed as the game that comes with it is the only one that supports it :/

Really want one tho lol 😁

Well the TFlight 4 Hotas isn't compatible with No Mans Sky, so presumably some work is needed.
Correct. I asked Thrustmaster Support a while ago about whether the Hotas 4 would work with other PS4 games than War Thunder. Their answer was a firm "No". If a game isn't listed as supported on their webpage, it won't work.

IMG_20170109_130430.jpg

IMG_20170109_130627.jpg

I play the PS4 in Warthunder using X52 joystick. I hope Frontier in ED on the PS4 support the joysticks.

PS4 Joystick: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmast...8&qid=1481213075&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+joystick

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas 4 War Thunder Starter Pack (PS4)

Hey dude,

That's a real good deal but the thing has mixed reviews. Some even say it doesn't work with the game War Thunder (the game that it comes with, well an add on anyway).

"Question: Will this work with ps4 vr games. i. e eve valkyrie
Answer: We returned it as it wouldnt work with the game it came with - WarThunder. We are waiting for more joysticks that are PS4 compatible.
By MD on 19 October 2016"

It would be great to have this an PSVR too, I may have to start saving. Can't wait to be honest I'm really looking forward to getting this game and seeing what they include for the PS release

I got the T-Flight Hotas 4 for Christmas, and tried it with Elite: Dangerous on PC. It's decent, but there's not really more buttons than a DualShock 4, so it mostly comes down to if "immersion" from having a Hotas is worth it, rather than mapping every command you need like on the more expensive ones.

Not managed to put a lot of hours into it, but I hope FDev do support it for the PS4 version.

I got the T-Flight Hotas 4 for Christmas, and tried it with Elite: Dangerous on PC. It's decent, but there's not really more buttons than a DualShock 4, so it mostly comes down to if "immersion" from having a Hotas is worth it, rather than mapping every command you need like on the more expensive ones.

Not managed to put a lot of hours into it, but I hope FDev do support it for the PS4 version.

There is the Option to add the ruder pedals wich will give you three more analog sticks. If you set the Hotas to multi axis for Rudder you can asign the Rudder of the Stick and the Rudder of the Throttle as well as the Rudder of the Pedal to different functions. I e.g. assingend the Ruders of stick and throttel to truster :) wich is handy inside Space Stations. Elite even allows for assinging different axises depending on flight mode.

If they would suport this on PS4 it would do a lot. Also it might be a good idea to support "Config Switching" Via a reseved button. Therefore you could switch the button layout of the hotas depeding on situation ( e.g. having thrusters and landing gear buttons when orbiting and Framedrive ect. in normal Flight )

Top Bottom