How can i know how much tons of cargo i carry?

You can always buy a bunch of cheap stuff until you can't anymore...

Or look on the cargo screen.

If you go to the OUTFITTING AREA at a station that provides it... Look at your CARGO MODULE in the INTERNAL list. It will show a number from 2 to 8. Some ships have more than one cargo module, so just add all of them together and that is your total cargo carrying capacity. When you take on a mission that involves hauling, the mission description will indicate how many UNITS of whatever you are hauling is going to be. If it says (4) then hauling that cargo will take a total of (4) units of your total capacity. If you have less cargo space than the mission requires then you will not be able to accept that mission until you free up some space by dumping something else in your hold, or upgrading your cargo module to a higher number. (up to 8 for one module).

I believe that (1) unit of cargo is alway equal to (1 tonne). At least that seems to be the case based on how my Refinery works when I am prospecting ring systems and asteroids. The various bins of metals and minerals do not get packaged up and moved over to my cargo hold until they reach 100% which I believe is equal to ONE TON of that particular commodity. It then shows in the cargo hold as "NAME -- QUANTITY = 1"

The only thing I would say that doesn't equal 1 TON when in your cargo hold would be you LIMPETs used for mining and prospecting.

Last edited:
If you go to the OUTFITTING AREA at a station that provides it... Look at your CARGO MODULE in the INTERNAL list. It will show a number from 2 to 8. Some ships have more than one cargo module, so just add all of them together and that is your total cargo carrying capacity. When you take on a mission that involves hauling, the mission description will indicate how many UNITS of whatever you are hauling is going to be. If it says (4) then hauling that cargo will take a total of (4) units of your total capacity. If you have less cargo space than the mission requires then you will not be able to accept that mission until you free up some space by dumping something else in your hold, or upgrading your cargo module to a higher number. (up to 8 for one module).

I believe that (1) unit of cargo is alway equal to (1 tonne). At least that seems to be the case based on how my Refinery works when I am prospecting ring systems and asteroids. The various bins of metals and minerals do not get packaged up and moved over to my cargo hold until they reach 100% which I believe is equal to ONE TON of that particular commodity. It then shows in the cargo hold as "NAME -- QUANTITY = 1"

The only thing I would say that doesn't equal 1 TON when in your cargo hold would be you LIMPETs used for mining and prospecting.

Right, so 1 unit = 1 Ton?

Easy.. lol..

You can put your ship on a big scales before and after buying your cargo. XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom