How can i use the advanced rotation system for scenery?

Hey guys,

how can i start the advanced rotation system? I mean that with the blue, green and red arrows/circles. Normally it should start by pressing X or? Sometimes i have luck and can use it, but most of the time it isnt avaible. Or am i doing something wrong? [blah]

Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited:
when you click on the object you want to use, push the X button twice. The first time you use it will give your the X Y Z grid to just place it, and the second time gives you the X Y Z Rotation.

as far as i am aware of, it mainly works on objects you are about to place rather than already placed objects. but i may be wrong on that front.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

how can i start the advanced rotation system? I mean that with the blue, green and red arrows/circles. Normally it should start by pressing X or? Sometimes i have luck and can use it, but most of the time it isnt avaible. Or am i doing something wrong? [blah]

Thanks for your help. :)

It only works on certain objects right now (the ones that dont use the grid system)
It used to work for EVERY object using a "bug" during 2.1, but they "fixed" it. If you see someone on youtube doing it, its becuase they are still in 2.1, that, apart from the coaster supports dissapearing when anything close is near them, was the best version of the game.
Im still waiting they reconsider and go back to how the rotating system worked in 2.1. We have gone backwards in terms of advanced building, and its a pity.

Last edited:
I found that when you move a existing building you can still use the advanced tools (shortcut: x) even though its limited in the rotation you can use it for precision placement in the x / y / z grid. Especially the y (height) allows you to lower roofs or walls off of the normal 1meter grid.

Well now I am totally lost I cannot rotate my walls or out door lights. I don't know how to work it anymore. When I hold down the shift key and the X arrows comes up and then circles, but I don't know how to turn it around.
With the wall, there are no circles just a up arrow, How do I turn the wall and lamp post.

Well now I am totally lost I cannot rotate my walls or out door lights. I don't know how to work it anymore. When I hold down the shift key and the X arrows comes up and then circles, but I don't know how to turn it around.
With the wall, there are no circles just a up arrow, How do I turn the wall and lamp post.

Tap "Z" to rotate 90degrees for walls, and maybe lamp posts. Lamp posts, you may just hold down "Z" and then move your mouse back and forth or side to side to rotate. Or maybe its "Z" and the scroll wheel. I'm outta the game, and I can't remember. LOL

But Yeah, "Z" rotates wall and roof items.

Tap "Z" to rotate 90degrees for walls, and maybe lamp posts. Lamp posts, you may just hold down "Z" and then move your mouse back and forth or side to side to rotate. Or maybe its "Z" and the scroll wheel. I'm outta the game, and I can't remember. LOL

But Yeah, "Z" rotates wall and roof items.

Thanks, yes that did it.

Thanks for this thread,
found it via search as i didn't know about pressing 'x' to enable advanced rotation mod.
Thanks! Cheers, Haxel0rd.

Top Bottom