How dangerous is the witch head region?

I'm in a dbx at the moment.

Do the thargoids still ignore you if you ignore them? If I get pulled into normal space, can I just run away?

How well stocked is this region? I really just want to repair my dbx, maybe call another ship over and arm it for ax. Are there large pads nearby?

Once done, I aim to keep moving onto the other nearby nebula for exploring/sightseeing.

Will I die if I arrive in my dbx?

• you're safe, all they want is to scan you
  • yes there are L-sized landing pads, docks are averagely supplied
  • good luck.The Witch Head is a perfect base camp for exploration.
  • you shouldn't unless you do something unwise
I wouldn't say perfect basecamp for exploration, Colonia is far better for that.
Keep in mind that regular incursions seem to be happening over there now, which turns stations into a burning mess. So not exactly a good place to stay.

Do the thargoids still ignore you if you ignore them? If I get pulled into normal space, can I just run away?
Only times they'll open fire immediately is if you go to a NHSS which starts with a scout spawn.

Other conditions they'll shoot on you after a time:
  • Staying within 500m range
  • Carrying any Thargoid/Guardian cargo (not including Meta Alloys)
  • Colliding with/Shooting them

Only times they'll open fire immediately is if you go to a NHSS which starts with a scout spawn.
Good list!

Also at wrecked megaships if they happen to spawn scouts. Yes, I am Mr Edgecase today :)

Edit: <sigh> I missed another : Wrecked Megaship rescue / repair scenarios can also spawn annoyed scouts when they start, and the Interceptors are pretty grumpy too (if they see you).

Carrying any Thargoid/Guardian cargo (not including Meta Alloys)
I have been driving a 1-piece targoid’s sensor chip in cargo for the second year and I can't get rid of it in any way. It is considered a manufactured material. The FD developer told me that its presence in the hold of my ship should not attract attention from targoid.

I have been driving a 1-piece targoid’s sensor chip in cargo for the second year and I can't get rid of it in any way. It is considered a manufactured material. The FD developer told me that its presence in the hold of my ship should not attract attention from targoid.
materials are not cargo. Cargo is in the Cargo hold.

Top Bottom