Discussion How do I figure out which voice-packs will give me the best audio-tour of everything while I play?

I don't plan to use Voice Attack to control anything, but I'm interested in hearing an audio tour-guide providing extra info about my location as I play and do things. My understanding is that some of the voicepacks offer this, but I'm not entirely sure how it works and I'm confused as to how to pick the best one(s) to do this - there are a TON of voicepacks and the descriptions are vague, and I don't know if they specialize or if I want to mix and match more than one, etc. Any advice from someone more familiar with them would be appreciated! :)

The two kinds of audio-tour information I'd like to hear as I do related things are:

1. Real-world astronomy
2. Elite lore/history/story/politics

The things that are confusing me are:

1. Will the voicepacks work if I'm not interacting with Voice Attack? (Do they know where I am or what I'm doing without me telling them)
2. Do all the voicepacks have the same tourguide information in them? Ie do I choose a pack simply based on whose voice I want to hear, or do I select for content instead?
3. If the informational content is different, how do I know which voicepack is the best for the info I want to hear about?
4. If the informational content is different, should I be getting multiple voice-packs? Does that work? Will they conflict?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Flagging this thread for Mods - is there a subforum that would be more likely to have the knowledge related to question? Would moving this to Player Tools & API Development be better?

The general forum seems to have too much else going on for this to be visible for more than a moment.

Last edited:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Flagging this thread for Mods - is there a subforum that would be more likely to have the knowledge related to question? Would moving this to Player Tools & API Development be better?

The general forum seems to have too much else going on for this to be visible for more than a moment.

Not really sure, but the Tools sub-forum is as good as any, and I think it's relevant there.

Moved it. :)

I've also been trying to find information about what specifically is in the different HCS voice packs. Specifically, I'm trying to decide between Astra and Verity.

Your best bet would be to email HCS and ask them, what you are after would be the Galaxapedia which is included in astra and some/most others I think.

I had a quick look on the site and couldn't see an easy way to check that for all of them but going into the details should show it individually

I have a few HcS voice packs, they are great. Yes I got a bit addicted to buying them :)

The ones I have which have additional stuff are:

Astra

Galaxapedia and constellation guide, quantum theory, ship guides, interactive mode, new player help, guardians update with fighter commands

Orion

Galaxapedia and constellation guide, (using Verity) ,Orion Nebula tour (brilliant!), guardians update / fighter control, yes / no responses

Vasco

Galaxapedia and constellation guide, , guardians / fighter control, interaction mode, movie quotes, generally hillarious ! (Plus it's Brian Blessed, what's not to like?)

Obsidian

Galaxapedia and constellation guide, Orion Nebula tour

They are all excellent and add so much to the game, especially in VR

Top Bottom