How do I spot a thief or vandalism activity?

As the question, the game nortification showed up but I couldn't find the thief even i checked on the guest immediatly... Is there any way to spot the thief so i can remove them from my park? The security guard doesn't work well even they have mastered their skills... Security camera is everywhere but nothing really help finding the thief?

Normally the security cams should provide your security guards with the information, where to find the criminals.
Do you have enough cams? - Every cam covers a 15m radius.

Normally the security cams should provide your security guards with the information, where to find the criminals.
Do you have enough cams? - Every cam covers a 15m radius.

I mean there is a feature to eject the guest group by myself, If i suspect them. But i dont know any clue how to define a guest is a thief or not? I just cant find any difference to prove he is a thief... i couldnt find one in my park even the report keep showing up. I put alot of camera but looking at their lens doesnt show any different thing?

I mean there is a feature to eject the guest group by myself, If i suspect them. But i dont know any clue how to define a guest is a thief or not? I just cant find any difference to prove he is a thief... i couldnt find one in my park even the report keep showing up. I put alot of camera but looking at their lens doesnt show any different thing?
The cams work automatically and (as far as I know) the feature to eject groups is just to eject someone you've spotted while committing a crime.

One way for certain is that if a security guard spots a thief he will chase them, which sometimes the thief can escape (if the guard is tired I guess) thats probably the only way to know

its a strange feature indeed, I wonder if placing guards around the entrance is the best or if pickpockets know not to steal around them? how many guards to guests do you have

Last edited:
The cams work automatically and (as far as I know) the feature to eject groups is just to eject someone you've spotted while committing a crime.

So the guard automatically chase the thief down? I see
But then how to spot a guest are comitting crime? Like... what will they look like? their behavior? or anything else can help? i pressed on the guest who was robbed immediatly after i saw the report but i couldnt find any one who was acting strange around him at that moment

One way for certain is that if a security guard spots a thief he will chase them, which sometimes the thief can escape (if the guard is tired I guess) thats probably the only way to know

its a strange feature indeed, I wonder if placing guards around the entrance is the best or if pickpockets know not to steal around them? how many guards to guests do you have

Lol i gotta chase after the guard to see that? xD

So far I've only found singles as pickpockets. Never a group.

They always have something different about their outfit (toque, sunglasses, hoodie, etc..)

To be sure it's a pickpocket go to their Group Information page and look at the fear and nausea preferences. In order to keep pickpockets from riding rides, those preferences are just set to 0 for both. They won't go on any ride because even the Venetian Carousel is too intense for them.

From the group information tab you can eject the group.

If you really want to be vigilant you can just check every lone guest entering your park.

So far I've only found singles as pickpockets. Never a group.

They always have something different about their outfit (toque, sunglasses, hoodie, etc..)

To be sure it's a pickpocket go to their Group Information page and look at the fear and nausea preferences. In order to keep pickpockets from riding rides, those preferences are just set to 0 for both. They won't go on any ride because even the Venetian Carousel is too intense for them.

From the group information tab you can eject the group.

If you really want to be vigilant you can just check every lone guest entering your park.

LOl i noticed someone with the name is really strange, i forgot to took a screenshot i was thinking its a bug, his name have something like _ between the words and all words are capslock... he wears a black sunglass with hoodie

Thanks you for the info

I just finished the first scenario, and I noticed that pickpockets will actually have thoughts like "picked another pocket!" and "I'm going to pick your pocket!"
If I see them but my security guard hasn't I manually choose to have security eject them from the park before they can do more damage.

Actively looking for pickpockets is possible but not worth it. All dips are lone teens adults who have "very low" (0.00-0.00) tolerances for both fear and nausea (shown in their group info tab). So you can sit by the park entrance, profile all the solo peeps, and immediately eject all those with the criminal tolerances. Even if they've only been in the park 30 seconds and have as yet done nothing wrong, this counts as a pickpocket caught and not an innocent group ejected. And it keeps your park theft-free.

But it also takes all your time so I don't recommend this, although it is fun to stuff them in a holding cell (a bit of disconnected path) for a while, until their physical needs are all critical :D. However, the mere presence of a dip in your park, whether he's actually stolen anything or not, triggers the "high crime" notification, so that keeps going on as long as you have the scum imprisoned.

Actively spotting vandals is pretty much impossible. While dips are born that way and have the Mark of Cain upon them, vandals are regular peeps, solo or in groups, and possibly of all demographics, who just get very unhappy for whatever reason and snap. So every peep in the park is a potential vandal--It's a societal problem for not teaching peeps to respect the property of others. Nothing you can do about it except provide copious amounts of happiness, which is what you're trying to do anyway. Preventing vandalism is probably the only justification for having entertainers at all, to give random folks a shot of happiness as a prophylactic measure.

So, really, it's best to leave crime to the jackbooted thugs and Big Brother cameras. These have a strong deterrent effect--perps usually won't act if they know they'll be spotted, which implies they know the locations and fields of view of guards and cameras. And because cameras mark perps as targets for any guard who spots them later, if you have cameras everywhere, it seems the perps will only act if they think they can get to the exit without being caught.

This seems to makes it a good idea to make a work roster of just the park entrance device and station 1 guard there as a backstop. If would-be perps do know the loactions of guards, then they'd know their chances of escaping are slim, which should be a very strong deterrent. But of course, you'd also have to have cameras literally everywhere.

After more study, I have some corrections and additions to my last.

1. The mere presence of pickpockets in your park does NOT trigger the "high crime" notification. You only get that if they're actually stealing, or vandalism is rampant.

2. Sufficient security,will totally deter both theft and vandalism. The 2 main components of "sufficient security" are cameras covering nearly every square inch of the park and a guard with a work roster keeping him at the park entrance. Roving goon squad patrols also help but aren't as important as these 2 things. "Nearly" every square inch means there's no more than about 5m between the FOV of 1 camera and the next. Pickpockets 1st spot a target at a distance and have to move up next to them. This usually requires more than 5m of movement.

3. The best way to keep a guard at the park entrance is to move the actual park entrance turnstiles into the park slightly from the default position, so you can put an entertainment point on each side of the entrance path just outside the turnstiles. These entertainment points must be in separate buildings so you can select them individually when creating the guard's work roster. This will make the guard pace back and forth across the path so his FOV frequently sweeps back and forth across it. This is important because....

4. Fleeing perps can be caught outside the park, over the whole distance between the turnstiles and the spawn point. And in fact you can eject pickpockets prior to them entering the park. If a guard catches a dip before the dip reaches the turnstiles, the dip will still go through the turnstiles, pay the admission fee, and then turn around and leave immediately :).

5. Pick-pocketing begets vandalism. Robbed peeps get mad, and in general the more theft, the more the rest of the peeps feel like the park is anarchic and lose their inhibitions. Control theft and you'll control all or most of vandalism as well.

6. A very small percent of peeps in your park at any given time will be dips. But if you have sufficient security, they'll be completely deterred from stealing anything. They'll pace the paths constantly looking up at cameras and over their shoulders for guards, but that's it, until they eventually decide to go home. While they're in the park, apart from never going on rides, they act like normal peeps. They pay the park entrance fee, they buy food and drink as needed, they enjoy the scenery, etc. So deterred dips only really harm you in not spending very much money, and taking up 1 peep's worth of your park's capacity, thereby keeping out 1 mainstream guest. But on the plus side, deterred dips tend not to stay as long as honest folks.

7. Dips appear to function as their own new 4th demographic. They are always going to be a certain small fraction of the total peeps in your park. Because they're a fixed fraction, once your dip population reaches that number, you won't get any new dips until an old dip leaves (voluntarily or not). Therefore, it's probably better to deter dips than actively hunt them. For every dip you actively profile and eject, a new dip will spawn soon to take his place. But deterred dips are still paying customers, so having them in the park buying drinks is better than busting them before they go through the turnstiles.

Last edited:
After more study, I have some corrections and additions to my last.

1. The mere presence of pickpockets in your park does NOT trigger the "high crime" notification. You only get that if they're actually stealing, or vandalism is rampant.

2. Sufficient security,will totally deter both theft and vandalism. The 2 main components of "sufficient security" are cameras covering nearly every square inch of the park and a guard with a work roster keeping him at the park entrance. Roving goon squad patrols also help but aren't as important as these 2 things. "Nearly" every square inch means there's no more than about 5m between the FOV of 1 camera and the next. Pickpockets 1st spot a target at a distance and have to move up next to them. This usually requires more than 5m of movement.

3. The best way to keep a guard at the park entrance is to move the actual park entrance turnstiles into the park slightly from the default position, so you can put an entertainment point on each side of the entrance path just outside the turnstiles. These entertainment points must be in separate buildings so you can select them individually when creating the guard's work roster. This will make the guard pace back and forth across the path so his FOV frequently sweeps back and forth across it. This is important because....

4. Fleeing perps can be caught outside the park, over the whole distance between the turnstiles and the spawn point. And in fact you and eject pickpockets prior to them entering the park. If a guard catches a dip before the dip reaches the turnstiles, the dip will still go through the turnstiles, pay the admission fee, and then turn around and leave immediately :).

5. Pick-pocketing begets vandalism. Robbed peeps get mad, and in general the more theft, the more the rest of the peeps feel like the park is anarchic and lose their inhibitions. Control theft and you'll control all or most of vandalism as well.

6. A very small percent of peeps in your park at any given time will be dips. But if you have sufficient security, they'll be completely deterred from stealing anything. They'll pace the paths constantly looking up at cameras and over their shoulders for guards, but that's it, until they eventually decide to go home. While they're in the park, apart from never going on rides, they act like normal peeps. They pay the park entrance fee, they buy food and drink as needed, they enjoy the scenery, etc. So deterred dips only really harm you in not spending very much money, and taking up 1 peep's worth of your park's capacity, thereby keeping out 1 mainstream guest. But on the plus side, deterred dips tend not to stay as long as honest folks.

7. Dips appear to function as their own new 4th demographic. They are always going to be a certain small fraction of the total peeps in your park. Because they're a fixed fraction, once your dip population reaches that number, you won't get any new dips until an old dip leaves (voluntarily or not). Therefore, it's probably better to deter dips than actively hunt them. For every dip you actively profile and eject, a new dip will spawn soon to take his place. But deterred dips are still paying customers, so having them in the park buying drinks is better than busting them before they go through the turnstiles.

Thanks for this analysis!

I hope pickpockets can be given ghost (fake) tolerances so spotting them isn't a matter of looking at unrelated stats. That's a bit silly.

This is nonsense. Security is a waste of time and development resources.

This is not management in any sense. Just hire some guards and keep them happy put up security cameras to cover your park and your good. You don't have to do anything. I've completely ignored crime and it has not effected anything but a slight drop in in park rating. This is a completely unnecessary and irrelevant addition to the game. I wish the attention to management was put into other things. Security, vandalism and pickpockets are a total waste of time. I see no contribution to management and no gameplay benefit what so ever. Just an annoyance. Thank the coaster gods it can be turned off. Utterly disappointed in this addition to the game. I see no reason to spend hours trying to figure this out. Just hire some guards and put up cameras and your done.

So the guard automatically chase the thief down? I see
But then how to spot a guest are comitting crime? Like... what will they look like? their behavior? or anything else can help? i pressed on the guest who was robbed immediatly after i saw the report but i couldnt find any one who was acting strange around him at that moment

Pickpockets have 2 distinct features. They will have 0 as their maximum excitement, fear, nausea tolerance guaranteeing they won't get on rides. Also their thought bubbles will include thinking about pick-pocketing. That being said, they are actually predetermined before even entering your park, so ejecting a pickpocket, even if he hasn't pick-pocketed any yet, won't count as ejecting an innocent person.

They will go on transport rides. In the Oak Island scenario the pickpockets were the only guests to ride on the steam train. No-one else would go anywhere near it.

just in case..

with the summer update, thieves now go for rides and have different preferences for fear and nausea. yet not sure if they are still just single visitors or if they appear within groups as well, but it's definitly a bit harder now to spot them with your own eyes.

Top Bottom