How do you design your parks?

Afternoon all.

I've been plugging away at the game slowly, got about 40 hours or so playtime under my belt. I've started designing my own blue prints for my parks, starting with a Western Theme because it's relatively easy but I was wondering how you guys/gals start your parks.

Do you have a specific layout in mind for your design or do you let it develop organically? I've found that if I start a park organically then it all ends up a bit weird and looks terrible. But on the other hand if I start too large I find that I never have the patience to go about filling up all the random little spaces with scenery.

Do you start with a grand theme and just keep going or do you break it down into zones, themes, individual pieces etc?

terrain is difficult for me, Im still used to the RCT3 method but Im getting used to PC slowly. Im more of a coaster builder than a scenery guy myself, but if Im going for full out attention to detail, then I would start with the terrain and make sure you have your main paths all in place then scene around the paths. Are you playing sandbox?

Only while I work on some ideas, scenery building etc. I prefer the Challenge mode. But wanted to spend some time working on ideas before I go full on into it.

If you browse through the Workshop on Sandbox Parks, there are some very nice starter terrains to get started with most of these are designed by Rellek who has made over a dozen park maps on all of the different landscapes.

If you browse through the Workshop on Sandbox Parks, there are some very nice starter terrains to get started with most of these are designed by Rellek who has made over a dozen park maps on all of the different landscapes.

Nice!

I've had the most fun in harder challenge mode and have let my small park grow organically, having areas near the entrance that are more or less 'finished' and areas around that being worked on (with a coming soon, autumn 2020, sign to keep the guests happy). Building outwards then but also going back, to demolish and rebuild original buildings .. What was my one and only toilet and milkshakes block is now balloons and ATM. If my PC could handle a bigger park, I wouldn't be against going back and redeveloping the whole entrance area. Very much as if a small country fair hit the big time and developed over the years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom