Newcomer / Intro How do you engage an enemy from supercruise

The only other possibility is to track them in super cruise and if they drop out of cruise target their wake and drop out at the same place.

Since starting elite and when was sucked in to an interdict I've always sought the escape vector but lately noticed that they're always accompanied with a message from the enemy and if I don't find my way out I drop out right into their lap which is great because it saves making a journey all the way to the mission point and this morning that was a whoooooopping 600,000 LS. Might get me one dem FSD indicators though thanks

You need to buy an FSD Interdictor and use it to pull them from SC. Then you can engage them

I would suggest reviewing a tutorial on how to use one

Follow them until they drop out somewhere. That leaves a white square on the radar. Target it and treat like you want to drop out at a station. Normally, they drop out somewhere where you can shoot them, but remember that you can't shoot them in a no-fire zone at a station, but if you get them just outside the no-fire zone, the cops will come out and help you..

That's fun and you get the suspense and excitement of the chase. If you want to get them quickly, you hook them out of supercruise with a FSD interdictor.

Since starting elite and when was sucked in to an interdict I've always sought the escape vector but lately noticed that they're always accompanied with a message from the enemy and if I don't find my way out I drop out right into their lap which is great because it saves making a journey all the way to the mission point and this morning that was a whoooooopping 600,000 LS. Might get me one dem FSD indicators though thanks
I can't see any advantage in trying to use the escape vector. It's quicker, safer and more predictable to submit by going to zero throttle when you get interdicted. If you're doing anything other than a combat mission, you should then immediately set 4 pips to engines and 2 to shields and boost away, then engage your FSD as soon as it cools down. If you're not on a combat mission you should always supercruise withthat pip configuration in case of interdiction.

You should always prioritise speed before anything else for any ship except an exploration one. The above strategy won't always work on the free Sidewinder or probably any other ship with E grade thrusters.

I can't see any advantage in trying to use the escape vector. It's quicker, safer and more predictable to submit by going to zero throttle when you get interdicted. If you're doing anything other than a combat mission, you should then immediately set 4 pips to engines and 2 to shields and boost away, then engage your FSD as soon as it cools down. If you're not on a combat mission you should always supercruise withthat pip configuration in case of interdiction.

You should always prioritise speed before anything else for any ship except an exploration one. The above strategy won't always work on the free Sidewinder or probably any other ship with E grade thrusters.

So far, the escape vector chase game has always worked for me.

Except twice.

Once when the vector went all invisible on me and once when there were two vectors at once. I then used the boost technique you describe. Grrrreat days.

Top Bottom