How do you guys prefer to do powerplay?

I just fast track resources for 750 cargo and then fly them to control systems to fortify. It seems to be the easiest and fastest method of doing it. I can make most of the cost back each trip just buying resources at the location I'm fortifying. Once you get 50 power play commodity for free, it also allows you to fast track 50 powerplay commodities to make the pickup faster too.

I choose to do this cause with Zachary Hudson, the bounty payouts are 4 mil per kill in one of his territories which is pretty fast and awesome when you are in a wing doing massacre missions as well.

Does anyone else have any preferred methods?

Join a group and teamplay comes to the fore, which is where Powerplay shines.

Pledge, do nothing for 3 weeks and 6 days, fast track 750 somethings and deliver them, buy the modules the next day, unpledge.
Not even for the rewards like trade benefits or whatever? I actually grinded up to 10k cause to me the bounty payout buff was worth it.
Edit:
Also its a lot easier to maintain week over week since the power play thing roll over week to week.

Last edited:
Not even for the rewards like trade benefits or whatever? I actually grinded up to 10k cause to me the bounty payout buff was worth it.
I did most of my trading and bounty hunting and such before PP was released. I briefly considered it for exploration data, but I don't really need the credits anymore and sitting on a bunch of data while trying to get the appropriate rank felt a bit too risky.

Also, generally speaking, I don't feel like the mostly text- and respectively stat-based struggle between the superpowers and PP has as much influence on the flow of the game as it should.

And this is the one asking for more love to powerplay!!
Although it already shines!

;)

I did most of my trading and bounty hunting and such before PP was released. I briefly considered it for exploration data, but I don't really need the credits anymore and sitting on a bunch of data while trying to get the appropriate rank felt a bit too risky.

Also, generally speaking, I don't feel like the mostly text- and respectively stat-based struggle between the superpowers and PP has as much influence on the flow of the game as it should.
I feel like it does quite a lot if you pay attention to it. Your bounty payouts are way higher going into Arissa Duval systems and security is much higher in Zachary Hudson systems.
Li Yong Rui currently has one of the most prominent being ship purchases, higher tech goods, and insurance rebuys are cut down majorly and Archon Delaine is best if you are selling illegal stuff and committing crimes. You don't even gain fines committing crimes at all if you are fully dedicated in his systems so you can just be a total crapbag blowing up innocent ships whenever you want.

I like just fortifying random high income systems. I just do that and hope for the best.

Solo is the only way to powerplay!
That's how I feel. Just support the power you want however you want. I did realize I was hurting my power by keeping systems that were losing money cause of the wrong government though lol. If you search around you see stories of people accidentally screwing the power over.

I find working with minor factions a lot more satisfying. The (gameplay) rewards from getting into Powerplay don't seem to justify the effort to learn more about it - plus I see endless posts about how broken it is on these forums, which keeps me away.

I already have money to burn, so any kind of financial incentive is right out, and I PVE so special modules don't hold any interest either. I've done the Frags (don't use them), Imperial Hammers (don't use them) and Prismatics (bought 12-16 of them in various sizes, from class 1 up to 8, and the Odyssey 'buy to module storage' bug threw away half. I'm still waiting for support to credit them back 2-3 weeks later.)

I thought I would hate powerplay until the content drought early last year, so I gave Powerplay a go and really enjoyed it. However, it's only because I embraced the social side of this game mode and didn't module shop. If you are playing in solo or without communicating with other people in that power, then Powerplay becomes a horrible grind regardless of which power you go with.

So, what I did was ;-
  1. Found a power with varied gameplay tasks. Doing the same task again and again will drive you nuts (I am looking at you Mahon!!)
  2. Find and contact a group of players who are working for that power (See the link Rubber Nuke put up in open).
  3. Get involved with the group to maximise fortification/preperation for your power (Most groups have people who work out which systems are best for fortify and which arn't).
  4. Have an appropriate ship build for a 'Blockage Runner' if your delivering stuff or a full on PVP ship killer build if you are undermining an enemy power.
  5. Play in Open as much as possible. If you are delivering powerplay cargo and are interdicted by an an enemy player, and then you escape from them, that's a victory! Your objective is to get the goods to the station, so build a ship that can do that (see point 4).
  6. If Enemy players make it too difficult to run a certain system, call for help from other players.
  7. If you're undermining, don't be afraid to go after other powerplay players in open. Most PP players in open know the risks and that's why they're playing in open.
As you fly for Hudson and I fly for Arrisa, chances are we might come across each other, if that's the case may the best person win!

I thought I would hate powerplay until the content drought early last year, so I gave Powerplay a go and really enjoyed it. However, it's only because I embraced the social side of this game mode and didn't module shop. If you are playing in solo or without communicating with other people in that power, then Powerplay becomes a horrible grind regardless of which power you go with.

So, what I did was ;-
  1. Found a power with varied gameplay tasks. Doing the same task again and again will drive you nuts (I am looking at you Mahon!!)
  2. Find and contact a group of players who are working for that power (See the link Rubber Nuke put up in open).
  3. Get involved with the group to maximise fortification/preperation for your power (Most groups have people who work out which systems are best for fortify and which arn't).
  4. Have an appropriate ship build for a 'Blockage Runner' if your delivering stuff or a full on PVP ship killer build if you are undermining an enemy power.
  5. Play in Open as much as possible. If you are delivering powerplay cargo and are interdicted by an an enemy player, and then you escape from them, that's a victory! Your objective is to get the goods to the station, so build a ship that can do that (see point 4).
  6. If Enemy players make it too difficult to run a certain system, call for help from other players.
  7. If you're undermining, don't be afraid to go after other powerplay players in open. Most PP players in open know the risks and that's why they're playing in open.
As you fly for Hudson and I fly for Arrisa, chances are we might come across each other, if that's the case may the best person win!
I am planning to switch for Arrisa later. I like her goals more. Zachary Hudson is way too focused on the federation and doesn't give a crap about anyone else. Arrisa is just straight up against crime to the maximum extent. I kinda like that more.

So, what I did was ;-

I vote this for the:

BEST POST OF THE YEAR

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I am planning to switch for Arrisa later. I like her goals more. Zachary Hudson is way too focused on the federation and doesn't give a crap about anyone else. Arrisa is just straight up against crime to the maximum extent. I kinda like that more.
If you do pledge to Lavigny, make sure to join the discord since that (and other ALD squadron servers) is where all the coordination takes place. Like many other people I thought I would dislike powerplay for its many flaws, but the level of coordination and planning involved is impressive and makes it more enjoyable.

ALD discord link: https://discord.gg/bqscuMbHyZ

Top Bottom