How do you visit other peoples zoo?

I don't believe that you can actually visit others zoos. I believe others avatars randomly visit your zoo.

It also appears that there is a limit in cc's you can collect from the avatars visiting your zoo. It appears to 100 cc's a day.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
You can't visit other people's zoos directly. The "indirect" way of doing so is by subscribing to people's parks via Steam Workshop, and opening them on your PC. That's how a lot of people in Planet Coaster used to build together, by passing the park.
Your avatar may from time to time appear in other people's parks, but this happens randomly.

At first in mid May I thought about this as well. I would have wanted people to visit my zoo, either by human perspective of flyby, but no UI to change anything in the Zoo, only the power to visit, perhaps donate (either CC or cash) and pay ticket prices. that's it.

Then I learnt about Planet Coasters thememakers toolkit.
Without thememakers toolkit it would have been easier too as all the game elements are already preloaded in game.
But I do like what thememakers toolkit can do, animated and non-animated decoration items.
Since Planet Zoo doesn't have visitation functions, this gives me hope that Thememakers toolkit will make it into the game.

I noticed in my own zoo that my own avatar was walking around as well as other zoo keepers. How they would subscribe within a few minutes of game time I don't know.

You can't visit other people's zoos directly. The "indirect" way of doing so is by subscribing to people's parks via Steam Workshop, and opening them on your PC. That's how a lot of people in Planet Coaster used to build together, by passing the park.
Your avatar may from time to time appear in other people's parks, but this happens randomly.
Now I understand, because I was wondering, too. so when I "say Hello" to those avatars they do not realy get the message, it is only for my gameplay?

Now I understand, because I was wondering, too. so when I "say Hello" to those avatars they do not realy get the message, it is only for my gameplay?

And to collect 20 cc's from those avatars. As i stated above, I believe you can collect 20 cc's from 5 of those random avatar visits for a max 100 cc's per day. A dev or moderator might be able to confirm how many cc's one can collect each day by saying 'hi' to those avatars.

100CC a day from just playing Planet Zoo and 100CC per day of the avatar just going around. That's not that bad. (unless they are the same now)

Oh I didn't even notice the pink icon of the waving hand. Are you able to say hello to the avatars in any mode? Because it doesn't do anything in scenario mode for me..

Well then my scenario modes are bugged? :/ Cause the hand icons are technically not buttons for me in scenarios. I can't click them/they don't have a button animation and nothing happens when I click it.

Well then my scenario modes are bugged? :/ Cause the hand icons are technically not buttons for me in scenarios. I can't click them/they don't have a button animation and nothing happens when I click it.
oh I do not know for scenario, I only played franchise

Why have I visited my own zoo 15 times? it is not a problem but the pop up is a bit annoying

To be honest, the explanation of the CC's is a bit misleading then..
Because if you hover the mouse over it, at least in german it says that you can get more by visiting other zoos...
If you cant do this directly, the way it is written is very misleading

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
To be honest, the explanation of the CC's is a bit misleading then..
Because if you hover the mouse over it, at least in german it says that you can get more by visiting other zoos...
If you cant do this directly, the way it is written is very misleading

Hi Dracornis,

You're correct, there's definitely a mistranslation there; these notifications also shouldn't be popping up in Career Mode.

The way to earn Conservation Credits is:
  • Daily login bonus
  • Using the Animal Market in Franchise Mode (selling animals)
  • Release animals to the wild
  • Saying hello to other players that visit your zoo; your avatar will randomly go to other player zoos as well (as long as you don't toggle your visiting status OFF) which will earn CC.

Thanks!

Hi Bo,

Visiting people's zoos indirectly, I don't suppose this method is possible with Franchise Mode zoos correct?

Hi Bo,

Visiting people's zoos indirectly, I don't suppose this method is possible with Franchise Mode zoos correct?

On Franchines Mode you get a little CC for waving to the visitors to your zoo. But I think they are people who have subscribed to you .. I have a few subscribers for the only item I made during the beta and uploaded. I get people visitng on the Career Mode games but I can only see their names. But on Franchise Mode you can click on their name and say hi to them. I think there is a limited number each day though.

On Franchines Mode you get a little CC for waving to the visitors to your zoo. But I think they are people who have subscribed to you .. I have a few subscribers for the only item I made during the beta and uploaded. I get people visitng on the Career Mode games but I can only see their names. But on Franchise Mode you can click on their name and say hi to them. I think there is a limited number each day though.
What I meant referring to Bo's comment, was download someones zoo from the workshop. not just saying Hi for some CC's.

I have not seen anything like that as I have never uploaded a zoo to steam but I did upload a habitat I made. So maybe it is just the case of subscribing to someones item on the workshop that allows the game to simulate you visiting whatever zoo they are playing at the time.

So, to have your avatar visit other peoples zoos ( you won't see it ), just subscribe to an item on the workshop you like.

To have other people's avatars visit you while you are playing ( giving you 10CC a wave in Franchise ), make something and upload to workshop and see if anyone subscribes. I have 110 subscribers so far on my habitat and I have seen many different names visiting me while I am playing.

Top Bottom