Newcomer / Intro How does jump range work?

I'm fairly new to the game as I've only had it for 3 days but I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have run into an issue with my jump range in that I can't jump make a jump that would seem to be within my current range. My game won't let me make a jump between these two systems and only plots a course for 2 jumps. Does anybody know how I would make my jump range far enough to cover the gap or why I can't in the first place?

Screenshot attached shows route plotted as well as supposed current jump range (i have no cargo currently but even at full my current range displays as 18.78 which should be enough):
20190721175151_1.jpg

Not sure if this has an effect, but I first looked to see if you had 'economical' or 'fastest' routes chosen. It doesn't look like you have either....try choosing one of those and see if it makes a difference.

edit: You beat me to it!

If you double click economical or fastest route the indicator is switched off and the map doesn’t fill up with lines indicating potential jump routes throughout the galaxy, the indicator switching off is a minor annoyance (I would prefer some other change) but losing the lines makes the map much easier to see.

I've been playing since 2014, and didn't know you could turn those jump-lines off! It gets annoying when you've got a ship with really long legs, the GalMap ends up looking like a cactus with you at the center.

I've been playing since 2014, and didn't know you could turn those jump-lines off! It gets annoying when you've got a ship with really long legs, the GalMap ends up looking like a cactus with you at the center.
I have been playing for not quite so long but only found out about this earlier this year.

Bear in mind though that doing the second-click to clear the lines also disables the Jet Cone Boost in the route calculation. (Even though its box might appear still filled-in.)

Bear in mind though that doing the second-click to clear the lines also disables the Jet Cone Boost in the route calculation. (Even though its box might appear still filled-in.)
I do hope I remember that if I ever get round to doing boosted jumps.

Thanks Para Handy :)

I'm glad I popped into the newbie forum, as I didn't actually know that!

Some Buckyball racer I am! Lol :LOL:

Top Bottom