how is the profit div-ied up. Squads, private groups etc...

I would assume equal share, but some have said you get the total amount each.
Say, i go mining with a squad member, i carry all the cargo, the other provides protection and another squad member hangs back off line and watches tv.
I get back to a station and sell for 1 million. How much do we each get?
Sorry if this is a silly question but Fronteer are not too clear on it in game.
Is there a link that explains ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The 'mining guy', i.e. you, gets to sell the goods. So you get the proceeds of that. You could have dropped the goods and let the others pick it up if you wanted, but you chose to keep it all to yourself, tut tut.

The 'protection guy' gets the bounties by claiming them under contacts. You get none of that.

The 'Tv guy' gets to catch up on some culture. You stay uneducated in the ways of Amber and Greg, so get nothing. I guess he can tell you about what he saw, but it's never the same is it?

tl;dr - squadrons have nothing to do with paybacks*. You could take on wing mining missions, but I hear they are 'very bugged', so maybe don't do that :)

* well, the squadron will get boosts from your trade / combat actions. Sadly there is no squadron leaderboard for 'watching Love Island whilst logged in'. :)

If you're all in a Wing and all at the station where you sell the mined cargo, you'll get the sale value of the cargo while the others get 2.5% of the sale value as a Trade Bonus that can be cashed in through the Contacts menu.

Wing missions are a little different, in that every member of the Wing who has accepted a shared mission gets the full mission reward on completion. They just need to go to the station you got the mission from and claim it through the Mission Board.

The 'mining guy', i.e. you, gets to sell the goods. So you get the proceeds of that. You could have dropped the goods and let the others pick it up if you wanted, but you chose to keep it all to yourself, tut tut.

The 'protection guy' gets the bounties by claiming them under contacts. You get none of that.

The 'Tv guy' gets to catch up on some culture. You stay uneducated in the ways of Amber and Greg, so get nothing. I guess he can tell you about what he saw, but it's never the same is it?

tl;dr - squadrons have nothing to do with paybacks*. You could take on wing mining missions, but I hear they are 'very bugged', so maybe don't do that :)

* well, the squadron will get boosts from your trade / combat actions. Sadly there is no squadron leaderboard for 'watching Love Island whilst logged in'. :)
Ok....hee hee... got it!
Thanks...
Note for Fronteer.
"Now that wasn't so hard ws s it?"

If you're all in a Wing and all at the station where you sell the mined cargo, you'll get the sale value of the cargo while the others get 2.5% of the sale value as a Trade Bonus that can be cashed in through the Contacts menu.

Wing missions are a little different, in that every member of the Wing who has accepted a shared mission gets the full mission reward on completion. They just need to go to the station you got the mission from and claim it through the Mission Board.
Thanks...

Tell ya what.... if a cmdr with 100 cargo is prepared to join me and scout and find vo cores i'll give em 100 canisters of VO for their trouble...vo only.
Just need,
100 + cargo
Prospector
Pulse wave scanner
Seismic charge
Limpets to pick up dropped canisters.
Good fsd 20ly plus or so (200 or so ly from bubble)

You find em, blow em and i'll pick up and refine....then drop
Transfer: progressive...as aquired.
Saves a heap of time.
Could be fun...
Safe no guns needed
Will train newbie

Last edited:
Top Bottom