How longs have 'Planets of Sol' Bobbleheads been in the store, and why did no-one tell me?!

Because amateurs supervised by amateurs @ OP's question.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted ... are you calling FD amateurish because these bobbleheads have not been formally announced yet (and, seeing as they will no doubt be announced in this afternoon's newsletter, what that's really saying is that they've dared to put them on the store 3 hrs ahead of when the newsletter drops)? If so then it seems you're really stretching for an excuse to have a pop at them.

Eurgh! What sort of spec' is your machine? Those are some seriously low graphics textures.

i7, 1G VRAM, 8G RAM. It's interesting how everything else is high resolution textures, the clouds, stations, ships, even other earth-like worlds are much higher.

Isn't there a way to force the game to keep the high res texture loaded instead of switching to low when getting closer?

i7, 1G VRAM, 8G RAM. It's interesting how everything else is high resolution textures, the clouds, stations, ships, even other earth-like worlds are much higher.

Isn't there a way to force the game to keep the high res texture loaded instead of switching to low when getting closer?

Indeed there is (and I've probably done some of it, although so long ago that I've forgotten exactly what) ...

https://www.alpha-orbital.com/news/graphics-tweaks-and-ui-change-guide

Note: that guide is pretty old now so follow with caution (maybe backup the file you're editing first)

Last edited:
Brilliant! I just read about these on Discord. Are they vaguely to scale (i.e. is the Pluto one smaller than the Jupiter one) or are they all the same size?

Since you can't place them to scale on your dashboard I'd say it doesn't really matter.

Regardless of Pluto's official status now or in the 34th century - it should have been included in the pack.

Last edited:
Regardless of Pluto's official status now or in the 34th centur - it should have been included in the pack.

The Sol system in ED has many bodies beyond pluto which are actually larger, but do not appear in the pack.

It would not make sense to pick out that one world and include it, when others are ignored. Pluto isnt a planet now and im sure that classification would remain 1000 years from now as the astronomical lexicon is built upon.

Shouldn't Uranus be rotated 90ish-degrees?
edit:
18lpuvztmbm54jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Bobbleheads are the most stupid thing ever as a game add-on, but damn the nodding pilot on my dash still makes me smile.

Guess I'm spending money too when I get home.

Top Bottom