[DW2] How many have dropped off?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I really am trying to stay committed to reaching Beagle Point. But I've been all over the place so far on this expedition. Started in a Krait Phantom. Shipped my Cutter to Omega for the CG and had a good time. Went back to the bubble for a while and did some other activities there. Went for max range and rejoined the fleet near Sag A in an 80 LY Anaconda. Did both CGs in the Anaconda and finally had enough of... the Anaconda. Without a shipyard at EA, I just finished a little day trip over to Colonia where I'm waiting for some modules to finish shipping from home to fully outfit a brand new Krait Mk II. Why the Mk II? I found that I really enjoy breaking the monotony with some high speed canyon running in a fighter. The MkII can carry a fighter bay, an SRV bay, massive fuel scoop, all the necessities for long range exploring, and still get a respectable ~60 LY jump range... all while NOT handling like an Anaconda! [cool]

https://s.orbis.zone/2hsp

JUST made it to Explorer's Anchorage. Grad school + the DCS F-14 release have conspired against me, and I feel like I've been shirking in my responsibilities a bit as a hull seal. Hopefully I can stay up better with the fleet when we go to leave again.

Well, I didn't drop out because I got back into ED too late to 'drop in' to DW2. Boooo. However, I just landed at Polo Harbour, so I'm tailgating everyone. I doubt I'll be able to catch up though; because I have the attention span of a raccoon, I keep exploring and mapping lol. Sure is lonely out there though.

Last night I moved on from the core. Plotting a route out of it was a nightmare, though. I'm now out of the core and heading to the next waypoint. Virtually every system I come across is undiscovered. The mind boggles when I think about how much money I'll get when I get back from the expedition.

well now is the test. How many really joined DW2 to only get to Sag A*. I think al lot have already gone and more will now go now that we have left the core.

Route plotting hell ? How ?
I plotted a parallel course to Crown of ice(to be off the highway) and plotter took 10 seconds.

Deleted member 115407

D
I got busy with RL and stopped following you guys before we got to Sag A. Now I'm on my way back to civilization so I can kill people there.

Thanks for the pews and helping me get my explorer Elite!

I got busy with RL and stopped following you guys before we got to Sag A. Now I'm on my way back to civilization so I can kill people there.

Thanks for the pews and helping me get my explorer Elite!

Ironic that DG tried to force explorers to become PvPers, but all that happened in the end was DW2 made PvPers become explorers. Win [up] Win [up].
Be careful in the bubble, I heard its being eaten by thargs since DW left [alien]

Plotting a route out of it was a nightmare, though

How so? Plotting every jump manually because they nearly all need FSD injection, and even then most of them you can't make on a full tank, is a nightmare (or a fun challenge). When you breathe a sigh of relief at getting to a region where you can plot 3-400ly at a time again.

Plotting in the core is just select target many kly away, click button, wait a few seconds, go.

It's kind of interesting, this event vs the first one. This one is more epic on scale, but.. It just seems the first group were closer knit. Also, once you left the bubble, that was it, you were on your own - no repairs, no re-outfitting... If you wanted changes, it was a sprint back to the bubble with, at best, with a 40LY Anaconda. Perhaps it's also that I don't have the time that I did in DW, but not for lack of trying.

Part of the fun in DW was all the screwing around, risking your ships, and still making it. I remember some legendary CMDR mad eit form BP to the bubble with 3% hull.

3%!!! I remember boosting my Anaconda at a bugged floating SRV, being deflected and losing 39% of my hull - but it was fun, and out there, somewhere, is a video of it...

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed this one, too, but it just seems very different. I'd be very curious what percentage of CMDR's that started, actually finished the first DW, and what percentage will finish this one. In the mean time, hopefully I'll actually make it to one of the meet ups over the next few weeks.

Z...

Last edited:
I'm still here, but life has given me a real hard kick in the junk. So for the past month, and for the forseeable future, my travelling is pretty much just waypoint-to-waypoint and skipping all the sightseeing detours.

I will make it to beagle point, though, and I will stay with the group for the return trip.

Route plotting hell ? How ?
I plotted a parallel course to Crown of ice(to be off the highway) and plotter took 10 seconds.

It is hard to decide and zoom in on a correct star. Just so many here. Happened more than once that I thought I set myself a suitable destination only to rotate the map and find that it is kLYs away from the desired ending. Now I just use the suitable zoom, move the map in the desired direction, zoom in and select a star.

It.is only hell when you are trying to select a non-marked star, naturally.

I haven’t dropped off, but thanks to an incident involving a neutron star, jumponium, the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft, three feet of rubber hose, and a lutefisk dinner (don’t ask), I’m currently stranded on an Earthlike world with the most bizarre geology I’ve ever seen. The natives are primitive but somewhat hostile, there’s this freak exploding ambulatory plant you have to watch out for, hungry giant arachnid-like creatures, and some kind of creature that seems to be able to enter Witchspace on its own.

One if my people is flying my old pre-FSD Cobra mark III from Eagle’s Landing, which is about four jumps from where I am using its class three military Hyperdrive. Since it doesn’t use a FSD, it’s currently capable of entering an atmosphere. I should be back in space in a week or two.

I confess, I have officially dropped out.

Ever since the news about something-something-late2020-something, I just lost the will the fire up the game. While I may (or may not) occasionally turn it on to wander around the core, I definitely won't make my 3rd Beagle Point visit now.

It was a bitter pill to swallow knowing we are not going to get anything substantial for over a year and a bit, but im gonna complete DW2 and then heading to the Formadine Rift to solve that little puzzle, oh and might bump into Raxxla on the way...

Well, I didn't drop out because I got back into ED too late to 'drop in' to DW2. Boooo. However, I just landed at Polo Harbour, so I'm tailgating everyone. I doubt I'll be able to catch up though; because I have the attention span of a raccoon, I keep exploring and mapping lol. Sure is lonely out there though.

I'm similar to you didn't join up but I'm folowing the route, I'm faffing around bimbling from interesting "thing" to interesting "thing"....not even got to Sacaqawea Space Port yet!! Took me 4 years on and off to get to 700 million, now after 3 months or so I'm on 2.2 Billion....good times!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom