[DW2] How many have dropped off?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Fistbump
T9 solidarity.

Out of interest, what sort of range can your ship manage? The Bridge can pull off 46 and a half, but most jumps will be a bit under that.
I expect there are going to be bits where I would have preferred a Jumpaconda, but I should have enough Jumponium for the last stretch of the journey and making it back.

Fistbump right back at you friend. The T9 has a really nice view from the bridge for exploring.

On the outbound trip I can manage just over 35 and change per jump; I have a lot of limpets aboard at the moment for support purposes. On the way back I'm going to drop most of them which will get me to back to 45-ish per jump. On the return journey I plan to use as much Jumponium and neutron boosts that I can because I want to get back to help out with Operation IDA.

...On the return journey I plan to use as much Jumponium and neutron boosts that I can because I want to get back to help out with Operation IDA.
I hear that. Saving some boosts to get beyond Beagle, but when that's done, I'm flooring it back to the bubble. Things are looking dicey at the moment.

Fistbump right back at you friend. The T9 has a really nice view from the bridge for exploring.

RIGHT?

Seriously, up until a while before signing up I'd been all set to use my Cutter, but the view from the T9 is just breathtaking, especially in some of the systems we've been to along the way.

Whats looking dicey??? something happening back home that i have missed?

Guessing most likely all the stuff going on back in the bubble with Thargoids and the like.

Me, I'm swinging back round to Colonia to finish unlocking the Engineers there once we're done.

When you're traveling from WP10 to 11, make sure you shift your track a bit to the right of the main route (1600 LY seems to be enough). The direct track from 10 to 11 seems to be straight in the middle of the supression zone where neutron stars didn't get generated by the stellar forge.

Thanks for the heads up.
However, I'm not one for Neutron jumps if that's the reason for your advice?

I echo the concerns about the new mechanic mentioned above - it just takes a whole bunch of time that needs to be made up by straight up travel between to selected areas...

Yours Aye

Mark H

I'm finally in spitting distance of Sagitarrius A*, docked at Explorer's Anchorage to be precise. Let's see how good my estimated time of arrival was:

I'm back on the road again! Time to see if I can catch up with the main body!

Next stop... Sagittarius A*!!

Hm... only 344 more jumps to go...

Let's see, last session I averaged about fifteen systems an hour because I want to explore, so it'll take me about 23 hours. If I average about five hours a week, then... I'm only five week away. :eek:

Hey! I made (mostly) there in a little over three weeks. Next up... to the Edge of the Galaxy... and then back home! :D

Decided to continue my voyage from WP9 and made it all the way to WP11 during Easter.
Still struggling with motivation but what has been started cannot be unstarted. :)

Decided to continue my voyage from WP9 and made it all the way to WP11 during Easter.
Still struggling with motivation but what has been started cannot be unstarted. :)

If you are at 11, you just have one more stop to go and you have over a month to do it. The abyss calls.

keep at it buddy, you should of gotten your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or maybe 15th wind by now and are ready to complete this exped.

Is there a picture of Legacy Crater with reference points?
Uhm, i'm pretty bad with coordinates, prefer visual bearings to spot the exact landing area🤷‍♂️.

I promised myself (and everyone else in the "What ship did you choose" thread) I would fly my favorite ship across the galaxy. Mission Accomplished. :cool:

Last edited:
I was originally going to bring a exporaconda, but then I actually flew one in Super-cruise, and then the Krait Phantom came out. ;)

Heh, I totally get that. :D My first trip to Beagle Point was in the exploraconda. I used it for that trip, and one more after that, and had enough. These days I rotate on a bunch of different ships, but I only pull the anaconda out of mothballs if I just really need the jump range for something specific. ;)

I'm a little melancholic as it seems of the small group of close friends who set off, I'm going to be the only one there to crack open a drink whilst gazing back across the galaxy.

I'm a little melancholic as it seems of the small group of close friends who set off, I'm going to be the only one there to crack open a drink whilst gazing back across the galaxy.

I love this melancholy. Finally arriving, almost alone, after the chaos and fuss of the launch, the crowd, the noise of the CGs, feeling the fleet thinning kylie after kylie, and landing at the destination, contemplating the journey and facing yourself in your tin can.

I like!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom