How many people are still around from the very beginning?

Here since Beta. I'm not quite playing as near constantly as I used to which is probably a healthy thing. I still manage to get a few hours in each week though. Mostly now I'm just out in deep space looking for a certain celestial body. You know the one I mean. Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth.

Yep. From the beta.

Still love it. I think mainly because I haven't done grinding. I'm not Elite, or max rank anything.

Playing the game, my way, in Mobious

3 years and i'm also Elite in nothing and i simply don't care, there is no end game and hurrying to a perceived end game gets you what?

Lots that could be improved, if they implemented half of the DDF they'd be better for it but sadly they have focused on the wrong elements (mostly pvp) since launch.
Fingers crossed 3.x fixes that.

As for me I come and go depending on my mood and the other games I have to achieve . For exemple , I am not that impatient about discovering 2.4 and thus I am in a fantasy interlude on the Witcher 3. Nevertheless , I am still fond of ED and won't quit the game at all. Therefor I still consider meself as an ED player. ( ah sorry , wanted to say myself ;) )

• Played ELITE on a friend's BBC in 1984;
  • Zarch (does that count?) in 1987 and a lot of ArcElite in the 1990s on my Archimedes;
  • Elite The New Kind, Elite Palladium or Platinum (whatever it was called, I cannot find anything about it anymore), Elite Gold(?) and a lot of Oolite during the dark era;
  • joined FDEV Forum in 2009 for the 25th birthday of ELITE;
  • Elite: Dangerous Beta backer;
  • still flying my Cobra Mk III.

Last edited:
Yup, count me in.
Been here since beta, and still enjoying the game.

However I don't play that often any more, and I took several long breaks.
I log in every couple of days, but it's often just to check the status of my faction, and I log out right after unless there is a war to be fought, or an opportunity to take advantage of.

Well, i haven't really started at the very beginning in 1984 because i was like 3 at the time and couldn't reach the joystick, but by early 90's i solved that problem and have been around ever since for about 25 years now. I hope that counts as close.

Oh, and this version since Premium Beta. Still enjoying it.

I’m not sure what you call the beginning, but, I’ve been here since 2/21/17 (US date). I’ve reset my game a couple of times. But, like this play through. I’m in a green cutter, that I’m still engineering. I was just thinking, I have a n 6A shield on it that is stronger than a 8A shields and my jump range is 28LY. The same as the conda I brought to the center in 2015. Long before SRV’s and SLF’s.

It's hard to believe how this game came out almost 3 years ago. Just wondering how many have stuck around from then. I remember the game being very different back then. I bought the game a few days after the actual release, didn't play the beta. This game has changed quite a bit since then, it felt like way back when the game wasn't really a finished product.

But through all the complaints we got a solid space game. I remember people comparing it to Star Citizen and saying it was going to suck compared to Star Citizen. Star Citizen still hasn't launched. And this game now feels good, while not perfect it is cool how there are mysteries like the Formidine Rift that hundreds of people work together to solve, and it seems like on occasion the developers do listen to us. The Thargoids and the mysteries surrounding them are cool too.

Still here, although I play not as many hours as I used too.
I am mostly waiting for the reworking of some core gameplay mechanics.
I would like to see the exploration honk changed into something more interesting like the use of system exploration drones you can launch towards planets.
Or I would like a scanner mechanism to find USS, akin to the scanner we have in the SRV.
I also think the current limiting limpet system could become much more interesting and versatile.
Of course we also need a deeper bounty hunt and piracy system.
For all these things I have made several proposals, because I feel that these are core aspects that need improvement.

My time is limited and there are a lot of other new games I am also interested in.
Nevertheless if I want to play a cool spacesim then there is no other game to play than Elite Dangerous.

It's weird talking to people who just joined and they've already got big ships. Way easier to make money now. From Sidewinder to Cobra was like 3-4 months for me I remember, doing smuggling and exploring. Then came the AspX. That's been my ship ever since then.

It took me 18 months or so to get into an Anaconda back then. Now people get there in a week. It's unnatural.

Me too ... beta backer since 22 September 2014.

Just wish I could remember what my backer # was, before I changed my CMDR name.

Still hear from day one, although admittedly playing less and less as time goes on.
That may not be the games fault though - just gaming less overall.

I am still here since Beta but I am playing much less than before.
It was quite interesting to experience how that game as evolved in both negative and positive ways to me.
Can't wait for the core gameplay most needed improvement to be implemented with the next major update.
But despite all my personal disappointment with Elite Dangerous, it is still one of my favourite game and I am still having fun playing it.
No other games bring me such a good time to fly a space ship and travel around the milkyway.
Kudos to Frontier Development !

Still around since before 1.0 but I don't play much at all anymore, in fact not at all for months until this week. The heavy development emphasis on combat aspects and the neglect of non-combat development has soured me on the game. Especially since 2.2 what with the beigefication and the terrain normalization, which pretty much removed the only thing exploration had going for it since 2.0: sightseeing. I still follow the game but my interest in it is hanging by a thread. My hopes lie with the upcoming expo and 3.0 next year, I'm desperately hoping that core improvements means the non-combat players will finally get some much needed development attention.

If not, oh well, I'll just move on then. My patience has worn thin unfortunately, Season 2 just about outright killed it.

Top Bottom