How many people think they'll use multicrew (as main pilot or as crew doesn't matter).

Do you expect to use Multicrew on a regularly, either as a crew member or as the ship owner?

• Yes

Votes: 172 36.1%
  • No

Votes: 305 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't actually know anyone personally who plays Elite Dangerous, and I've got a very busy schedule, and I don't particularly like combat. I might use multicrew once, but I doubt it. So my question is:

How many of you think you'll use multicrew regularly (not necessarily often, just more than once)?

This is for curiosity sake, I am happy Frontier is creating this mechanic, despite no plans to use it.

Given some of the apparent limitations that I hadn't foreseen, probably less than I'd like, but I still expect to use it.

I doubt I will have the ability to use multicrew ever.

Personally kinda wish FD didn't bother with this mechanic because I have a feeling there are a whole lot of players who won't be able to do anything with this.

I don't actually know anyone personally who plays Elite Dangerous, and I've got a very busy schedule, and I don't particularly like combat. I might use multicrew once, but I doubt it. So my question is:

How many of you think you'll use multicrew regularly (not necessarily often, just more than once)?

This is for curiosity sake, I am happy Frontier is creating this mechanic, despite no plans to use it.

You totally messed up the question in the poll, it should read:

Do you expect to use Multicrew on a regular basis, either as a crew member or as the ship owner?

Geez, that's sloppy.

If horizons drops the price to 5 dolars we will use it from time to time.

We have NO REASON to use it because its very limited. We only have ships to use as turret so, yeah not exiting at all.

The lack of development of this game is very noticeable. So we have a MAJOR expantion for MULTICREW and we can only have: A Pilot which we already have, SLF which we already have AND limited to some ships and a Turret guy which is... basic? dull? stupid?.

I doubt I will have the ability to use multicrew ever.

Personally kinda wish FD didn't bother with this mechanic because I have a feeling there are a whole lot of players who won't be able to do anything with this.

I can relate to your point, however, I do think there's enough interest out there to merit rolling out this mechanic. This is conjecture on my part, but I think the heart of this mechanic is the instancing of multiple accounts on one ship, as a networking problem. This is a really good base platform to sort all the problems related to this programming dilemma out and will consequently open the door to other game mechanics, some that haven't even been thought of yet.

The technology needs to be built first, though, and this is a great way to do it.

I just hope that eventually some love will be sent the way of the solo players, who are there by choice or by circumstance (NPC wings, please).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping to use it a decent amount. But that will depend on it turning out to be fun and there being enough other people who want to use it.

If matchmaking is anything like CQC, I won't be able to us it even if I had a desire to.

I would, as it was part of the reason why I got Horizons, and convinced a few others to do so as well.

For us, we'd been waiting since 2014 for multicrew, and I was the only one who hung around long enough to grind up an Anaconda for it.

Now they still only have their Sideys and Cobras, but they can hop in with me and jump across the galaxy, instead of trying to get around on a <5 ly jump range.

I would, as it was part of the reason why I got Horizons, and convinced a few others to do so as well.

For us, we'd been waiting since 2014 for multicrew, and I was the only one who hung around long enough to grind up an Anaconda for it.

Now they still only have their Sideys and Cobras, but they can hop in with me and jump across the galaxy, instead of trying to get around on a <5 ly jump range.

Probably too much work, but a great game ambassador mechanic would be a web based client that allowed CMDRs to give their friends who don't play ED access crew positions via a web browser login even if they don't own the game. You could even set it up such that they'd register with Frontier and when they buy the game, all the credits and such they earned crewing other ships would already be in their accounts.

I'm sure a number of purists in this community will decry this as heresy, though...

Last edited:
awaiting the dawn of the new black screen, the 'multicrew error - click to return to the menu'

ED already has too many network glitches and disconnections for me, i think i'd just be asking for trouble if i had to rely on it more rather than less

I won't use it. I love this game because of the flight model. It rocks.
I am looking forward to the cmdr creator and welcome it as a hint of the legs to come. And I am very curious about the small stuff, qol improvements and all that. The previous updates have been quite satisfying in this regard, for me at least

I'd like to use multicrew, but seeing how it is combat only, and I rarely ever play combat, well I really can't make much use of it. There's just nothing in multicrew for non-combat players.

I wish someone would make a space sim game LIKE Elite but with an exploration and trading focus instead. That would be the game I'd rather be supporting and playing, because sadly Elite just isn't going to be it I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I don't see any applications for multicrew as it is intended to implement. Because of not having opportunities of switching helm and sharing the same ship in a long term while the owner is offline, it is useless to me and my mates as explorers.

Last edited:
I'd like to use multicrew, but seeing how it is combat only, and I rarely ever play combat, well I really can't make much use of it. There's just nothing in multicrew for non-combat players.

I wish someone would make a space sim game LIKE Elite but with an exploration and trading focus instead. That would be the game I'd rather be supporting and playing, because sadly Elite just isn't going to be it I'm afraid.

Don't give up hope. I expect that much attention is coming the explorer's way. I expect the 2.4 update to be explorer-centric. I'm optimistic because from listening to David Braben, I get the feeling that he's an explorer through and through.

Don't give up hope. I expect that much attention is coming the explorer's way. I expect the 2.4 update to be explorer-centric. I'm optimistic because from listening to David Braben, I get the feeling that he's an explorer through and through.

It's good to have hope, I used to have it too, because Frontier has been stating they want to improve exploration for over two years now but we have yet to see any major development go towards it. Over. Two. Years. David talks like he is an exploration enthusiast but the game's update history strongly suggests otherwise.

Top Bottom