How many ship nameplates have you bought, or will you buy?

Boundary... and then tested it in Beta. Unfortunately it only showed Ship ID. Selecting Ship Name just resulted in the ship ID being added again, so my test Asp has it's ID showing in 4 places. I'm hoping this is only a Beta issue.

Yes, and I have a Cutter now with 4 Ship IDs, looks cool tho, but I hope it's an early bug and not just a typo at store! :D

Okay from the 2.3 beta, here's one of my ships with nameplates on ;)

1vJmX5v.png

is it smart to buy something that needs placing on something else you havent received yet? It seems a bit to me like getting the Syrup but not having the pancake.

Last edited:
The wording for Boundary ID has changed slightly, now indicating that it can be copied to a nameplate slot but doesn't include a full nameplate. I suspect there'll be a few peeved CMDRs, and a few slapped wrists at FD, over that little bit of ambiguity. Still, it wouldn't be an FD launch without some misleading info and a quick back-pedal.

Seriously FDEV if you need someone to write up stuff like this to remove all ambiguity I'm your guy. I have 18 years of experience writing technical documentation for idiots. All I ask is a decent wage and you pay for me to move to England.

Last edited:
Seriously FDEV if you need someone to write up stuff like this to remove all ambiguity I'm your guy. I have 18 years of experience writing technical documentation for idiots. All I ask is a decent wage and you pay for me to move to England.
Heh. It is rather alarming how often they get this stuff wrong then have to correct. Communication isn't even my main role in life but if I'm writing something that's going to be read by even one other person I try to make damned sure it's as clear and unambiguous as possible. If I was putting something on a storefront with thousands or even millions of potential customers...

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Added Practical to my previous Boundary - the description of the latter seems to have been updated - it now makes it clear that the ID plates can be used in Name Plate slots (but will still show ID).

Okay, I'm confused.

I bought the "Boundary" decal/nameplate/thing/whatever about an hour ago.

As of now, I'm not seeing anything useful as a result of that purchase.

I'm assuming that I should be able to see "Boundary" as an available option in the "namplate 1/2" or "ship ID 1/2" slots?

Or, am I to assume that the "Boundary" thing doesn't do anything useful by itself and I ALSO have to buy one of the other nameplate items to get letters to appear on the side of my ship?
Which kinda makes me wonder what I spent £2 on.

Last edited:
Planned to get several of them, but at this point I might wait. I can't apply them while I'm in Messier 67 which is a pity. Holo Me stuff though, I can. :)

Can we not have nameplate with only text, without any crappy graphics? Not only i was mislead and bought Boundary, thinking that i will have ship name with only text, but it's not possible to put only name even if buy another nameplate pack, because someone smart thought that we all are kids and want "fancy" graphics toghether with it. Geez, what a company.

Top Bottom