How many ship nameplates have you bought, or will you buy?

I wanted a nice, clean name plate without all the graphics, so I bought Boundary. I now have 4 ship IDs shown on my ship, but no name. Bugged ?

I wanted a nice, clean name plate without all the graphics, so I bought Boundary. I now have 4 ship IDs shown on my ship, but no name. Bugged ?

Yeah the Boundary pack is purely for the Ship ID.

The labelling was really confusing, and I noticed it was altered from earlier today. Originally it read "BOUNDARY SHIP ID & NAME PLATE PACK" but now it reads "BOUNDARY SHIP ID". The description was also altered. Originally it stated "also includes ship nameplate", but that wording is no longer there - after I bought it.

It was probably some sort of error when that pack was originally put onto the store, which has now been corrected.

Basically, in order to get your ship's name, you'll have to purchase one of the nameplate packs.

I don't really mind having bought the Boundary Ship ID, to be honest, but it's just a wee bit slippery to not have the ship ID's included in the nameplate packs as standard - then again it's extra funding for FDEV for future and further development, hopefully with a view to a fleshing-out phase for the existing stuff - hint hint, FDEV!

I bought 4 plus the ship ID. I've been too scared to look at my purchase history but just went through it and in total I've spent 121 pound and US$34 plus the base game and horizons. :-O

Christ almighty, they charge separately for the ship IDs too? Absolutely milking it.

OMG... they had the nerve to charge $3 for each... I think I'm up to $12 so far. I better let the bank know it's me and I wasn't hacked with all these funds flying around the internet.

I don't know if I'd buy some. Probably.

$3 is $3... On another hand I bought like $60 original game, $180 LEP, few skins... for LEP at least, FDEV could include some basic stuff for free. As for original backers. As for Elite-rank players.

Well, I don't know.

I've bought zero, and I will not be buying any unless FD give away at least one for free, can be the most plain, basic, and boring nameplate of them all, as long as one of them is free.

OMG... they had the nerve to charge $3 for each... I think I'm up to $12 so far. I better let the bank know it's me and I wasn't hacked with all these funds flying around the internet.

Now go buy one of everything on the store and see if you keep laughing then.

Yeah the Boundary pack is purely for the Ship ID.

The labelling was really confusing, and I noticed it was altered from earlier today. Originally it read "BOUNDARY SHIP ID & NAME PLATE PACK" but now it reads "BOUNDARY SHIP ID". The description was also altered. Originally it stated "also includes ship nameplate", but that wording is no longer there - after I bought it.

It was probably some sort of error when that pack was originally put onto the store, which has now been corrected.

Basically, in order to get your ship's name, you'll have to purchase one of the nameplate packs.

I don't really mind having bought the Boundary Ship ID, to be honest, but it's just a wee bit slippery to not have the ship ID's included in the nameplate packs as standard - then again it's extra funding for FDEV for future and further development, hopefully with a view to a fleshing-out phase for the existing stuff - hint hint, FDEV!

It's not actually the money that bothers me.

It's the fact that the "Boundary" set is the ONLY option that allows you to have completely un-adorned text. No borders, graphics or other styling.

Would it have killed them to add that AS a nameplate set as well as for the ID?

Or, maybe they thought that'd cause confusion? [/irony]

None. I can't even name my ship, AFAIK. I am over 54,000 Ly from Sol and I am moving farther and farther away.;)

Fly/land safe.

Cmdr Steyla

One. Exploration pack, £2. Not bad. 4 ships named and plated. Holo Me re-done ( from beta ).

Now I just need to fix the new camera controls again - I'd got them fine in the beta, apart from the SRV driving off at full throttle(despite hotas throttle at 0) every time I switch to camera control.
No in live game I have that same problem with my ship :( oh dear.

I bought a total of (4) including the ID, which actually looks the best in my opinion. I liked designs contained in each of these to work best for my 8 ships. But as I said in another thread, if they are going to charge $$ for these, they should have at least provided us some sizing option controls to make our chosen name FIT ON THE SHIP!

If you try certain names on certain ship hulls, the name bleeds over the panel seams of the hull and looks kind of bad. Because the name stencil ignores the texture of the seam you end up with a tacked on graphic add-on look. So to get the name to fit, you sometimes have to choose a shorter name etc.

Even some FONT and additional color choices would have been a nice touch. I actually expected them to have done this, and was disappointed that they didn't bother.

How long did it take them to come up with these name plates? A day? Two days maybe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom