How much do Fleet Carriers cost?

Cr 5 billion, we've been told. But I was looking at one of the content creators' recaps today and I noticed a screenshot which said that a refueling facility would cost Cr 50 million. Presumably rearm and repair will cost the same. Advanced Maintenance? Maybe Cr 100 million. That's an additional Cr 250 million.

Then you'll need a Shipyard if you plan on having more than one of your ships on board, and Outfitting if you want to bring any modules with you. Based on the cost of the minor facilities, I'm thinking that major facilities will cost Cr 500 million - 1 billion each.

So that's actually Cr 6.25 - 7.25 billion for a minimally equipped Carrier.

Oh joy.

Cr 5 billion, we've been told. But I was looking at one of the content creators' recaps today and I noticed a screenshot which said that a refueling facility would cost Cr 50 million. Presumably rearm and repair will cost the same. Advanced Maintenance? Maybe Cr 100 million. That's an additional Cr 250 million.

Then you'll need a Shipyard if you plan on having more than one of your ships on board, and Outfitting if you want to bring any modules with you. Based on the cost of the minor facilities, I'm thinking that major facilities will cost Cr 500 million - 1 billion each.

So that's actually Cr 6.25 - 7.25 billion for a minimally equipped Carrier.

Oh joy.
Plus upkeep cost. Add another billion per year for fully equipped FC... Or if you are a simple explorer 600 million per year upfront if you go out on an exploration trip for a year

My problem isn't with the amount - I budgeted for ten billion - so much as the way in which Frontier have bandied about the Cr 5 billion figure knowing perfectly well that that simply isn't a realistic figure for a basically functional carrier.

My problem isn't with the amount - I budgeted for ten billion - so much as the way in which Frontier have bandied about the Cr 5 billion figure knowing perfectly well that that simply isn't a realistic figure for a basically functional carrier.

It's the exact figure for the basically functional carrier.

It's the extras that cost extra. ;)

Analyzing the live stream FC bank numbers from before (25:00) and after (26:00) they purchase all the modules, a full module package is clocking in at exactly 950M. So all in, looking like 5.95B.

That doesn't include the cost of loading up ship/module stocks, or commodities/tritium fuel, etc. but that'll be so use specific no sense in quantifying that here.

Full module compliment weekly upgrade is shown at 13,460,516 / wk or just under 700M / year.

Last edited:
Analyzing the live stream FC bank numbers from before (25:00) and after (26:00) they purchase all the modules, a full module package is clocking in at exactly 950M. So all in, looking like 5.95B.

That doesn't include the cost of loading up ship/module stocks, or commodities/tritium fuel, etc. but that'll be so use specific no sense in quantifying that here.

Full module compliment weekly upgrade is shown at 13,460,516 / wk or just under 700M / year.

Well observed! Sounds like the "big" modules are cheaper than I thought they'd be. Still not 5 billion for a carrier I can use, though. As a Solo player, I need a Shipyard to get more than one of my ships on the carrier. It's not in any practical sense an optional extra.

Pretty sure the basic model comes with seats and a crew. It doesn't come with optional features, like cruise control. :)
Actually, it does come with cruise control. From the seat of your ship, even. :)

And no, Dommarraa, I've never tried to buy a Mercedes, but if you'd like to send me the money I'll give it a whirl!💰

Well observed! Sounds like the "big" modules are cheaper than I thought they'd be. Still not 5 billion for a carrier I can use, though. As a Solo player, I need a Shipyard to get more than one of my ships on the carrier. It's not in any practical sense an optional extra.
You're not wrong, they're more than 5B in the end. However, I'll say if you have 5B to spend, you're savvy enough to know how to make reliable credits. Coming up with an extra 20% for all the options isn't make-or-break.

I will admit I was surpised the shipyard wasn't a standard feature for a "Fleet" carrier. I get not having the ability to buy/sell ships out of the box, but not transferring FC Owner ships seems like a misstep.

Actually, it does come with cruise control. From the seat of your ship, even. :)

Oh, I know the FC does. I was referring to the car in your analogy. You'd pay extra for it in most vehicles.

I will admit I was surpised the shipyard wasn't a standard feature for a "Fleet" carrier. I get not having the ability to buy/sell ships out of the box, but not transferring FC Owner ships seems like a misstep.

I agree with that, it does seem an oversight. You should at least be able to fill up your landing pads/hangars with your own ships (so hold 16 even without a shipyard).

I agree with that, it does seem an oversight. You should at least be able to fill up your landing pads/hangars with your own ships (so hold 16 even without a shipyard).
Now, there's no evidence that we won't be able to, but nothing saying we will either. There is the FC Owner dashboard, and there may be an option buried in there somewhere that wasn't shown. We'll certainly know in the Beta, though. Not too far out.

Top Bottom