How on earth did a debuff like corrosion even get ok'd?

You just gotta put more armor on. Or use a bigger ship. I've been hit with that too and it's not an and all be all if you've got armor

Last edited:
Corrosive damage from projectiles don't eat your hull. It removes 20% of your resistance against all damage types so you will only take a little more damage that normal, it's particularly useful when trying to use lasers against a heavily engineered hull but if your example is accurate your would still have gone from 100 to about 36.

Just had my hull go from 100 to 22 in a second and barely had time to react to gtfo, corrosion really ruins the fun of combat once to hear those words from your covas.
The same who thought it would make the game better by adding about a dozen modules and ways to increase defenses to counter the "fun experimental effects".
That's FDev method: add something then add a module to counter that something requiring something else to counter the new module that in turn requires a new module…

1000 is the new 100 in Elite Dangerous when it comes to defenses.

dxm55

Banned
The same who thought it would make the game better by adding about a dozen modules and ways to increase defenses to counter the "fun experimental effects".
That's FDev method: add something then add a module to counter that something requiring something else to counter the new module that in turn requires a new module…

1000 is the new 100 in Elite Dangerous when it comes to defenses.
But apparently "Engineering is Optional" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awesome, any suggestions as to what I put on the other 2? I have an annie with 5 beams and 3 MC's, I use the beams to kill shields, then the MC's do the rest.!
I've had good results with autoloader. So long as you don't use rapid fire, you'll never have to worry about reloading. Incendiary has it's uses if you're running a full multicannon build and you need better shield stripping. The rest will either only see a use in PvP, or aren't worth it.

Most of my early builds were efficient beams, overcharged multis with one corrosive and any others autoloader. If I'm guessing correctly and you're using a huge and two large multicannons, put the corrosive effect on one of the large ones so autoloader can go on the huge and the other large. You'd want to keep that big one firing.

Edit- nope, read what Aashenfox has said.

Last edited:
Corrosive is ridiculous, it needs a nerf, this has been reiterated many times by the entire pvp community.

@WinterKing2112 2 things. Firstly don't split your fire, lasers on shield, multis on hull. Whenever you have all gimballs, fire them all together. Secondly, as mentioned, 1 corrosive is important. You also need one emissive (unless you have that on one of your lasers), to make sure you always have maximum uptime on your gimballs, the last one can be autoloader.

Top Bottom