Newcomer / Intro How should should i wait before a signal source for a salvage turns up.

Hi, I have jumped to the system in question, and honked the system.
The main star is identified as mission location. I orbit the star in super cruise assist, but the signal for the actual salvage never happens.
How long should i wait?
thanks
karl

Thanks, So how will i be able to identify it on the FSS, do i just visit each signal source?
(I thought the Discovery Scanner made scanning the Nav Beacon unnecessary?)

The mission signal source, when it appears, should be blue nor orange (if you have normal HUD colours) in your nav panel.

It's misleading when the main star is ID-ed as the mission location; the actual location can be anywhere. I'm not sure why this is true.

I always use the FSS to find mission sites. I find it to be far quicker than stopping at the nav beacon the majority of the time.

It's quite simple:
Honk the system
start your FSS
tune to the far left part of the range (where non-planetary goodies show up)
scan around the system normally (I usually follow orbit lines first) *
look for an orange circle (rather than the normal white) Mission sites aren't always along orbit lines, but they seem to be (or close to them) the majority of the time (my experience)
once you select the orange circle (feature) the FSS, it will show up in your nav panel list of goodies in the system.

In my experience, once you've done this a few times it becomes very quick to find the mission sites, be they salvage, assassination, or other. This I find to be true the majority of the time.

* Mission sites can be hidden within multi-zoom-step features shown in the FSS so I always syep into those to have a look. Sometimes they'll illuminate in orange before you zoom in, making them obvious, sometimes they do not.

NB: normal color scheme presumed

Top Bottom