How to affect civil war, Do special missions count ?

BGS and civil wars.

I was away for a bit so I haven't played much with Beyond. I want to support one side of a civil war in a favorite system. I suck at combat, so I have been doing the special civil war missions on the mission board for my side. There's a bunch of black box retrieval,and scanning surface installations. Since they have Civil War at the beginning of the mission title, and faction leaders have text that thanks you and says your completion may shorten the war, it seems reasonable to think this will help my favored faction.

However, I read an old post that says only combat bonds sway the outcome. Is that the case or do the special civil war missions (and occasional outright 'cash donation' missions) help as well ?

The war-themed missions will now count towards winning each day of the conflict, but the cash donations don't help (or so little as to not be noticeable). Handing in Bounties for your chosen faction will also help.
Note that influence for both factions is locked until the war ends after 7 days. Monitor your progress via the faction news in a station or the Status screen (ship's right hand panel) while you're in the system.

Winning battles in CZs is the most effective way to win each day of the conflict, but if nobody's doing that then missions and bounties is the next best thing.

Last edited:
Winning battles in CZs is the most effective way to win each day of the conflict, but if nobody's doing that then missions and bounties is the next best thing.

There is an intermittent bug whereby your CZ actions will count for your enemies. It doesn't strike everywhere or for every conflict thankfully. Focus on bounties if that happens.

Top Bottom