How to claim a star?

It's gratifying to be rewarded for effort, but the credits should not be the motivating factor. If you are exploring for the money, you will soon get tired of it.

As always, it depends what you can and how much.

Exploration has never been a "fast" way to earn credits but on my current trip I'll probably end up scanning about 14000 systems and earn about 4Bn credits.

It's gratifying to be rewarded for effort, but the credits should not be the motivating factor. If you are exploring for the money, you will soon get tired of it.

Agreed ... my trip will have taken me about 10 months to complete :)

10 months of mining void opals would earn you much much more ...

And of course if we die we lose everything, the money, the discovery tags, the mapping tags, everything, isn't life fun. 🍻
This brings a question to my mind:

I know if you die you lose all of your collected data, but what about your Codex entries? Is that affected as well?

LOL. I got nearly that just jumping around the bubble and casually honking everything + mapping a few planets I wanted to surface mine.
Exploration is.... worthless.
No, exploration is free money, no effort required, just a 5 second button press...

I'll expact to 'earn' 500 mill or so just going from the bubble to my destination... in what would otherwise be 'dead time'... yep, worthless...

I just got back from a quick trip out to the Bubble Nebula. On the way I was just travelling, and every system already had first-discovered tags. But making a little effort and honking every system, plus scanning all of the usual high-value targets revealed that very few had been mapped. So I mapped them.

On the return leg, I flew a couple of hundred LY off the beaten track and nearly every system on the way home was undiscovered.

I cashed in last night - more than 250m cr. Easy money!

I just got back from a quick trip out to the Bubble Nebula. On the way I was just travelling, and every system already had first-discovered tags. But making a little effort and honking every system, plus scanning all of the usual high-value targets revealed that very few had been mapped. So I mapped them.

On the return leg, I flew a couple of hundred LY off the beaten track and nearly every system on the way home was undiscovered.

I just took a recent clear-save account out on it's Professor Proton "Let's go find Sheldon" trip - I was in totally untagged systems within 700 Ly of Sol even.

People need to play Mr Spock at chess more often or maybe they are too "Khan" and forget about the 3rd dimension.

maybe they are too "Khan" and forget about the 3rd dimension

Oh yeah! Around September last year I decided to visit Colonia... I started by flying straight down from the Bubble about 500ly. From there to Colonia I don't think I hit a single tagged system until a couple of hundred LY from destination. Made a mint!!

dxm55

Banned
in what would otherwise be 'dead time'... yep, worthless...

Yep. It's like chump change. 500 mil along the way. Definitely free money.
As a mechanic, it's worthless though.

I've earned a Pathfinder rank just going back and forth within the bubble. Scanning the same systems over and over again as I pass between them, selling them to different... or even the same stations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom