How to complete the Guardians Ruins mission, and find others to help get the final 7 codex.

As the main Canonn mysteries thread is getting totally overrun by people trying to meet up and get the last few codex in the Guardians Ruins mission, I thought I'd start a new thread for people to hook up in, and leave the Canonn thread for science and biscuits.

All the information, including a version of the image below so you can copy and paste system names and click to get the interactive maps, Can be found here on the Canonn Ruins spreadsheet. Just click on the "guide to all 101 combos" tab.

Please use this thread to find other people to get the last seven codex, that currently can only be obtained by using a known bug and gathering them from Open/Player group with at least 3 commanders present.

ajX0ivG.png

I say again, this method of getting the final seven codex is EXPLOITING a KNOWN BUG that hopefully will be fixed and removed after 2.3 goes live. This means that we STILL haven't found all the ruins sites needed to complete this mission properly. Please help the search for new sites!

Edit: thought I'd tag some explanations on the bottom here for people new to this.

GS01 GS02 etc is the Canonn designation for Guardian Sites in the order that they were discovered.

There are three basic types of guardian sites discovered, dubbed Alpha, Beta and Gamma. These all have completely different layouts of buildings, walls, rubble and obelisk clusters.

For each of the alpha, beta and gamma sites, there are variation in the layout of obelisk clusters around the sites. We've found 4 or 5 variants in layout, and these are labelled 1 to 5, eg "Beta 4".

Finally, there are a few sites that have a lot more lit obelisks than others of the same type and layout. These have the "+" designation.

The table above refers to clusters and obelisk numbers as designated on the interactive maps, linked above. E.g. E20 would be the 20th obelisk in cluster E. Note these interactive maps are editable by anyone, so the lit obelisks it shows varies. We're using it here just for the numbering system.

Last edited:
This thread is an excellent idea. I'm on my third attempt to finish this mission (38 scans the first time, 69 scans the second time) and I'd really like to finish it this time.

Took me 3 complete run through's to gather and check all the above data. At least I got paid handsomely for my work!

Good idea to keep the threads separate. Hopefully it takes off. I know I needed to link up with other xBox Cmdrs to complete the mission. Now I am back out in the ruins area, just exploring, looking for undiscovered ruins. But am willing to assist other Cmdrs claim their 201M credits if I am in their local area.

While I appreciate your efforts in helping the community. Until i can do this through normal gameplay, without having to resort to some spreadsheet or flow-chart, I really have no interest in doing these things.

Hell, I haven't even unlocked Ram Tah yet. By the time I get around to that, I bet everyone will have moved on to FD's next "hidden mystery".

I don't *think* Ram Tah needs to be unlocked to get this mission. I am pretty sure I've never done anything towards unlocking him, and got this mission in my inbox, simply for docking in the system.

While I appreciate your efforts in helping the community. Until i can do this through normal gameplay, without having to resort to some spreadsheet or flow-chart, I really have no interest in doing these things.
My sentiment exactly. Plus: jump through hoops, a, b and c forwards, back up through d and e, and remember to whistle a happy tune for f and g.

Having said all that, still have loads of respect for those who do the figuring out.

I don't *think* Ram Tah needs to be unlocked to get this mission. I am pretty sure I've never done anything towards unlocking him, and got this mission in my inbox, simply for docking in the system.
Ok, then I'll modify my statement to say "when I get around to docking in station wherever".
My point still stands. I don't like the feeling of "the content is over there behind curtain #2, here's what you do once you get there."
Now if I was in a station and a mission popped up, or better yet I got a inbox message from some local contact saying "psst...have you heard, you should go check this out." Then I'd probably find that interesting enough and want to go investigate. But the whole external nature of all these "mysteries" makes them unappealing to me.

Now I'm not saying that everyone and everywhere should get that mission or the "psst, hey you..." message. In fact I like when things are unique and somewhat time or place specific. The chance that you can and will miss some stuff, makes it all the more exciting when you do stumble upon new content. But the fact that so much information from these things is external to the game, it simply loses my interest.

Maybe I'm just a simpleton. Give me occasional, random mini-story mission arcs that I stumble upon (or find me), and I'd be happy.

...through hoops, a, b and c forwards, back up through d and e, and remember to whistle a happy tune for f and g.
Ah, so that's the secret, it's a crochet knot. :p

Last edited:
I am actually looking to get the last 7 (6 really, I got bio 19 already). Anyone interested in teaming up to get the last 7? Even if you haven't done the others yet, get these 7 out of the way and then go do the last 94 on your own. I am available for the next 4 hours!

Excellent guide, been following a similar routine for a while now, but this seems a bit more efficient. Quick question: is there a reason why the missing Alpha/Beta data cannot be obtained directly at GS 44/GS 45? Both are also Alpha 3/Beta 1 sites, and I have heard reports that people got them there instead of the recommended GS 12/GS 21. Would save 2 more landings.

Anyway, thanks to you and rest of Canonn for all the work putting this together.

PS: Forum mods, we need an "Ancient Ruins and other Mysteries" subforum - just look at the monster thread, there is obviously enough interest. A single thread of this size is extremely cumbersome to keep track of.

Last edited:
Quick question: is there a reason why the missing Alpha/Beta data cannot be obtained directly at GS 44/GS 45? Both are also Alpha 3/Beta 1 sites, and I have heard reports that people got them there instead of the recommended GS 12/GS 21. Would save 2 more landings

Yes, you could get them there, but only in open/pg.

The guide is written to do it all in solo, without using any bugs. The last seven havnt been found, so I tagged them on the end until we find more sites. 92 are available in solo, and my guide flows you through them. If you do it in a different mode, you can grab 6 of the last 7 on the way at the sites you say. However outside solo with other players, the standard obelisks may not be lit due to the same bug that gives you the extra ones.

Last edited:
My sentiment exactly. Plus: jump through hoops, a, b and c forwards, back up through d and e, and remember to whistle a happy tune for f and g.

Having said all that, still have loads of respect for those who do the figuring out.

Like testing a beta huh. Ohh wait it's not. Just another bugged mission that you have to glitch to get through it. Nice work FD.

Props to those who figured it out.

Yes, you could get them there, but only in open/pg.

The guide is written to do it all in solo, without using any bugs. The last seven havnt been found, so I tagged them on the end until we find more sites. 92 are available in solo, and my guide flows you through them. If you do it in a different mode, you can grab 6 of the last 7 on the way at the sites you say. However outside solo with other players, the standard obelisks may not be lit due to the same bug that gives you the extra ones.

Yes, I meant in open of course, thanks for clarification. Btw is there any news from Beta on whether the bug is actually fixed, and e.g. the data from "+" sites appears normally without having to relog?

Im at the original ruins now with a couple other commanders trying to get the open ones if anyones interrested.

Just be aware that SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0 CD 1 (b3+ & a1+) also SYNUEFE ZR-I B43-10 D 2 (b1+ & a4) these sites are on the list that's bugged to Xbox & AMD card players.

The ruins are 'buried' as you approach them & can't be scanned. Other sites have to be used instead of these.

Just be aware that SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0 CD 1 (b3+ & a1+) also SYNUEFE ZR-I B43-10 D 2 (b1+ & a4) these sites are on the list that's bugged to Xbox & AMD card players.

The ruins are 'buried' as you approach them & can't be scanned. Other sites have to be used instead of these.

Yes and you can add SYNUEFE LY-I B42-2 (g3) to this also as bugged. Further when it comes to SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0 CD 1 (b3+) and SYNUEFE ZR-I B43-10 D 2 (b1+) these are the only Beta 3+ and Beta 1+ sites discovered so far so there is no alternative site if you are AMD or Xbox owners. Making it even more impossible to complete this bugged mission. [knocked out]

Interesting, not completely impossible, I have already completed the mission once. Currently nearing the end of it a second time, waiting for cmdr's to appear at col 173 sector ky-q d5-47 9a for hist 6 & lang 4.

I'll stay here for a while, if anyone else also needs these two.

Top Bottom