Ships How to counter dazzle shell?

Hi all,

I've read lots of threads from 2016 until now, but I don't understand the dazzle shell effect completely, so the questions are:
1. Can I counter the effect completely?
2. With which measures - long range mod for sensors?
3. What is my disadvantage if I don't do this at all? At my newly purchased Cutter I plan to use the turrets in the medium hardpoints (not yet decided which weapon kind) and fixed frags or pacifiers in large and huge. Which of this weapons will be affected and how badly?
4. If my sensor range is affected - has someone tested and found out the percentage? My idea approximately: if dazzle shell reduces the sensor range to 50% and I make G5 long range mode, which doubles the range, I'll have the standard/unengineered sensor range, while under dazzle effect. Is that assumption right?

What I' gathered until now is:
1. Dazzle shell doesn't make the attacker invisible. As soon as he hits me, I can target him, so choose his "rectangle" and shoot at him. Or even shoot without this as long as I use the fixed weapons.
2. Dazzle shell though makes invisible the mines, torps (?), asteroids and also other attackers, if I'm attacked by a wing. The asteroids do not bother me, because I never fight in asteroid belts. All other stuff bothers me.
3. Somethere I have seen a thread, where Cmdr Krash told about her full frag cutter, where the frags hasn't shoot at the attackers until very close. Can't find the thread anymore and can't find out, whether it was the dazzle shell effect or just the fact that turreted frags doesn't shoot until under 500 m.

So please tell me about the the actual status fo dazzle shell.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I use turreted frags on the large slots on a Mamba they don't fire until around 500 m and are quite effective not sure about the status of dazzle shells though.

"4. If my sensor range is affected - has someone tested and found out the percentage? My idea approximately: if dazzle shell reduces the sensor range to 50% and I make G5 long range mode, which doubles the range, I'll have the standard/unengineered sensor range, while under dazzle effect. Is that assumption right? "

You are confusing sensor range and weapon range here. Those are two different things and not related at all.

If you want to counter dazzle shell with another experimental effect, give emissive munitions a shot. I have not tested it myself, but my gut feeling is that it would be successful.

give emissive munitions a shot.
Emissive munitions make a "better mark on the target", I'm already shooting/looking at, and prevent it from (partly) hiding. What I've read is - dazzle schell makes invisible the mines, torps (?), asteroids and also other attackers, I'm not already aware of. So the things I' haven't yet in front of me and which are noticeable easily, just with my eyes. Especially mines or torps, which I would see "too late" are reason for my wish to counter dazzle shell.

Top Bottom