Guide / Tutorial How to fill all of your Raw Materials bins using Crystalline Shards.

<Update: Please use the online Google Sheet started by me expedition teammate MearMortal in post #104>

Howdy Cmdrs -

Compiled from the various Fleetcom Discord channels used during DW2 / Distant Worlds 2 Expedition to Beagle Point - please find the following sites (most pretty far from home - but handy to stock up with on a low jump range ship heading for the Abyss:

(Updated: 2019-10-21 - Click Here for latest version / Google Sheet)

2019-10-21AYCE (All You Can Eat) Material Sites(Bio-Sites with Crystal Shards)
MaterialSystemBody (-ies)RegionAdded
(Sb) AntimonyBYEIA CHREA GX-A C27-12BC 1 a & BC 3 a
(Sb) AntimonyCEEKAEA GR-T D4-0
(Sb) AntimonyCHAE EOP JW-E C14-1BC 3 a2019-06-03
(Sb) AntimonyCHAE EOP JW-E C14-1BC 3 b2019-06-03
(Sb) AntimonyCHAE EOP JW-E C14-1BC 3 e2019-06-03
(Sb) AntimonyCRIVOE HT-O D7-16B 3 a2019-06-27
(Sb) AntimonyFLECKIA CR-C D2 B9 b
(Sb) AntimonyFREETUA ZL-J D10-49B 7 a2019-10-07
(Sb) AntimonyIHAD BX-B D13-0D 1 A [Bio Site 16]2019-07-08
(Sb) AntimonyOUTOTZ L5-K D8-3B 5 cBubble
(Sb) AntimonyPLUA CHRUIA LQ-G C10-12B 3 a2019-08-10
(Sb) AntimonySMOOTIAE VM-W D1-207
(Sb) AntimonySYNEAYAE IL-P D5-3 B 1 a
(Sb) AntimonySYRAI THEIA C2-S D3-7B 5 B [Bio Site 9]2019-06-28
(Po) PoloniumCHO EUR OV-X C1-0B 7 a (Bio Sites)
(Po) PoloniumDROOTIE NN-Q D6-52
(Po) PoloniumDROOTIE ZP-N D7-12
(Po) PoloniumHIP 36601C 1 aBubble
(Po) PoloniumNYAUTHI EJ-R C21-9C 6 a
(Po) PoloniumSWUENEIA XV-C D57C 6 a & C 6 b
(Ru) RutheniumBYEIA CHREA GX-A C27-12BC 9 e
(Ru) RutheniumGRIA GREE ZV-K D9-8
(Ru) RutheniumHIP 36601C 1 dBubble
(Ru) RutheniumHYPAA BYIO WF-L D9-54B 7 b2019-08-16
(Ru) RutheniumPLAA CHRUIA BC-D D12-9C 4 c
(Ru) RutheniumPRA DRYOU FK-R C7-0BC 6 a2019-10-21
(Ru) RutheniumTRUECHOU ME-G C24-72
(Tc) TechnetiumBLOOE PLOE JW-C D27B 1 a2019-08-13
(Tc) TechnetiumHIP 36601C 5 aBubble
(Tc) TechnetiumHYPHIELUIA NS-B c13-0C 1 a2019-07-05
(Tc) TechnetiumPYROO EORK ZS-F d12-3 B 8 b2019-05-29
(Tc) TechnetiumSKUEQIAE TZ-W D2-3
(Tc) TechnetiumSYRIAE THAA KV-R B45-0B 6 c [Bio site 2]
(Te) TelluriumAUPHAIBS GC-K D9-15
(Te) TelluriumAUPHAIRSTS XP-M D8-74
(Te) TelluriumBLEIA BYOE ZA-W D2-8B 1 b
(Te) TelluriumCHAE EOP JW-E C14-1BC 2 b2019-06-03
(Te) TelluriumCHAE EOP JW-E C14-1BC 5 d2019-06-03
(Te) TelluriumCHRAICHOEA HX-S C20-2B 4 b2019-08-10
(Te) TelluriumDRYIGNAE YF-0 D6-2B 7 a2019-08-16
(Te) TelluriumEICTARLD BP-Y D1-4B 1 a2019-08-16
(Te) TelluriumFLYA PRAU JR-U c19-6B 8 b / B 8 c2019-08-14
(Te) TelluriumHIP 36601C 1 bBubble
(Te) TelluriumNUWIA LY-F D12-7C 2
(Te) TelluriumNUWIE IF-C D14-3D 6 a
(Te) TelluriumQAUTHE ON-B D13-2B 7 a2019-06-28
(Te) TelluriumSYRAI THEIA C2-S D3-7B 6 B [Bio Site 5]2019-06-28
(Y) YttriumAUPHAIBS DM-K D9-22
(Y) YttriumEICTARLD BP-Y D1-4B 2 e a2019-08-16
(Y) YttriumOUTOTZ L5-K D8-3B 5 aBubble
(Y) YttriumPYROO EORK ZS-F d12-3 B 10 a2019-05-29
(Y) YttriumROEFE MO-O C20-0CD 1 a2019-08-16
(Y) YttriumSLAIYU LE-G C24-0BCDE 2 a [Bio site 5]2019-05-18
(Y) YttriumSUTCHAE YK-O D6-13B 6 a
(Y) YttriumSWUENOI JM-D D12-29 c [Bio site 6]
(Y) YttriumOOCTAT XE-R D4-12C 1 C2019-06-28
Thanks to following CMDR posts (on FleetCom Discord if not otherwise specified):
Alexfighter
Ashnak (Frontier Forums)
Captain-MD
DrMorto
John de Mauzentia
Nemesis-Wolf
Norbert Stiles
Running Wild
Spacecat
SpaceTrash67
Superloafer
Tado Chip
u/Yhrak (reddit)

Other POIs:

Aster Trees:
Chau Euq FC-D D12-0
Cliewoae UF-L D9-0

Ring Worlds:
BLAA BYIO OT-Q E5-5

Cheers o7

Dan

Last edited:
I think it's bugged.

There's signals everywhere, so many that it's almost impossible to distinguish them. But most times when I'm able to single out one signal and get it right in front of me, it disappears as i approach it. Then if i back up, the signal is gone like it was never there. All the signals appear to "should have been" at rocks that looks like they would have a crystal on it. But there are nothing there. I found quite a few Needles, but not "you should totally do a 30 jump tour" many.

I wonder if its bugged in the same way as mining, i.e. suddenly an asteroid will blow up because some one at the same location in another instance is actually in your instance but you can't see them.
I tried at Geo site 15 and 4.
My guess there is a bunch of people there right now. I also got kicked off the server, indicating this. :D

I can confirm it is bugged.
I have it on a short video.

Crystaline Clusters of a certain shape (3-4 spikes united at a common base) are falling through the ground. No collision detection on them i assume
The ones that are of the spherical shape full of spikes are ok.

Now i have to find a way to link the xbox movie to the issue tracker

Edit: interesting fact: the bugged ones can still be picked up while they're in the air.

Edit2: link with the video

Edit3: issue tracker already posted, i just confirmed it. If anyone else encounter it, please confirm it - it does not matter if it is xbox, pc or ps4

Last edited:
How to fill your boots with Raw Mats using Crystalline Shards

Some of us have discovered a new form of materials gathering that can, with a little effort, be used to gather every material needed to compeletely fill all of your raw materials bins.
I have decided to share that knowlege here with you all.

The first thing you need is to know where to find all this lovely stuff. so here is a chart of all the publicly known locations.

Crystalline Shards on the edge of the Sanguineous Rim region and in the Formadine Rift
The first thing you need, apart from a decent jump range, is a SRV bay.
The materials you will be gathering are only the ones obtainable from the Shards.
Do not concern yourself with the Pecious Cobbles as they don't have anything of value to this project and will waste your time.
Here is my suggested circuit for gathering the required materials.
At each location use your surface scanner to reveal all the POIs
The biological POIs are the ones you are interested in as they are the ones that have the Crystalline shards.
It's worth scanning the shards and cobbles with your Composition Scanner when you are closer to landing, as you will gain new materials discoveries.
You will need to use your night vision as you will eventually need to land on POIs on the dark side.
Make a note of each POI that you have visited as you will clean them out and they take weeks to regenerate.
Don't worry there's planty of them.
Don't do this in a wing as there will not be enough to go around.
Part a.
1. Travel to HIP 36601 C 1 a and collect Polonium
2. Travel to HIP 36601
C 1 d and collect Ruthenium
Travel to HIP 36601 C 3 b and collect Tellurium
4. Travel to HIP 36601 C 5 a and collect Technetium
When each bin is filled (It takes 150 units per material) return to your favourite Materials Broker (The nearest may be Hinz Hub @Ngobe) and trade them down to fill as many low grade bins as you can.

Rinse and repeat till all the Mats below are full then you need to fill the Selenium bin as this is the only high grade material for which a shard has so far not been discovered.
This item alone will take two trips as the exchange rate is 6:1
Part b.
Follow the last trip with:

5. Travel to Outotz LS-K D8-3 B 5 c and collect Antimony
6. Travel to Outotz LS-K D8-3 B 5 a
and collect Yttrium
7. Go Home!

If you get into serious bother and find you need a station to repair/restock.
The nearest is
Flaming Star Logistics Centre at Flaming Star Sector LX-T b3-0

You may find that you need an extra trip if you are particulary low on basic materials but I completed the project with 4 round trips combining parts a&b.
It's possible that combining Parts a & b for all trips might be more efficient.
I'll let you work that one out.

Fly
Safe and be Dangerous Commanders

o7

At this point there is a bug shooting Crystal Shards. They just disappear about half the time. Some Pilots say they don't have this issue, some do. So plan to take twice as long to collect and consider yourself lucky if the bug doesn't affect you! This has been happening to me on the first 3 planets (HIP 36601 C1A, C1D and C3B). A bug report was filed back in May 2019, and I added my info to that bug. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/2139

I just spent 5-6 hours in the last 2 days filling up on Raws in exactly those places
Weird, I didnt see any bug with disappearing shards, but i've watched them going through the floor. Luckily i managed to catch most of them in the air

maybe yours if PC exclusive

At this point there is a bug shooting Crystal Shards. They just disappear about half the time. Some Pilots say they don't have this issue, some do. So plan to take twice as long to collect and consider yourself lucky if the bug doesn't affect you! This has been happening to me on the first 3 planets (HIP 36601 C1A, C1D and C3B). A bug report was filed back in May 2019, and I added my info to that bug. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/2139
Yes it is a bug. Please add your "Me too" to this bug report so that it can be dealt with ASAP.

Last edited:
I just spent 5-6 hours in the last 2 days filling up on Raws in exactly those places
Weird, I didnt see any bug with disappearing shards, but i've watched them going through the floor. Luckily i managed to catch most of them in the air

maybe yours if PC exclusive
This too has been reported. If you are suffering from this bug please add your "Mee too" to this bug report so that it can be acknowledeged sooner and dealt with.

The Raw Material Trader at Gnobe is no longer viable. I'm looking for the next closest Raw Trader, but INARA doesn't know about HIP 36601 (yet) so "Closest" doesn't work.
Anyone know the next closest Raw Material Trader to HIP 36601?
Cheers!
o7 Commanders!

The Raw Material Trader at Gnobe is no longer viable. I'm looking for the next closest Raw Trader, but INARA doesn't know about HIP 36601 (yet) so "Closest" doesn't work.
Cheers!
o7 Commanders!

According to EDDB the nearest of any type is in Sothis with Ceos a close second both around 1,420 light years away.

Went to the polonium moon yesterday. About 20-25% of shards simply vanish, the rest give collectable fragments.

These sites still result in great material fill rates due to the shear number of shards at any site.

On PC btw.

Cheers!
o7 Commanders!
I "think" Inara may not show anything further than 1000LY away...I think.

Frustrating that between 40-50% of every cluster shot doesn't yield any material!

:-(

Yet, despite this bug (if it is a bug), this method is a god send to fill up your raw mats.

Clicker

Howdy Cmdrs -

Compiled from the various Fleetcom Discord channels used during DW2 / Distant Worlds 2 Expedition to Beagle Point - please find the following sites (most pretty far from home - but handy to stock up with on a low jump range ship heading for the Abyss:

AYCE (All You Can Eat) Material Sites
2019-05-30
MaterialSystemBody (-ies)Region
(Sb) AntimonyBYEIA CHREA GX-A C27-12BC 1 A & BC 3 A
(Sb) AntimonyCEEKAEA GR-T D4-0
(Sb) AntimonyFLECKIA CR-C D2 B9 b
(Sb) AntimonyOUTOTZ L5-K D8-3B 5 cBubble
(Sb) AntimonySMOOTIAE VM-W D1-207
(Sb) AntimonySYNEAYAE IL-P D5-3B 1 a
(Po) PoloniumDROOTIE NN-Q D6-52
(Po) PoloniumDROOTIE ZP-N D7-12
(Po) PoloniumHIP 36601C 1 aBubble
(Po) PoloniumNYAUTHI EJ-R C21-9C 6 a
(Po) PoloniumSWUENEIA XV-C D57C 6 a & C 6 b
(Ru) RutheniumBYEIA CHREA GX-A C27-12BC 9 e
(Ru) RutheniumGRIA GREE ZV-K D9-8
(Ru) RutheniumHIP 36601C 1 dBubble
(Ru) RutheniumPLAA CHRUIA BC-D D12-9C 4 c
(Ru) RutheniumTRUECHOU ME-G C24-72
(Tc) TechnetiumHIP 36601C 5 aBubble
(Tc) TechnetiumPYROO EORK ZS-F d12-3B 8 b
(Tc) TechnetiumSKUEQIAE TZ-W D2-3
(Tc) TechnetiumSYRIAE THAA KV-R B45-0B 6 c [Bio site 2]
(Te) TelluriumAUPHAIBS GC-K D9-15
(Te) TelluriumAUPHAIRSTS XP-M D8-74
(Te) TelluriumBLEIA BYOE ZA-W D2-8B 1 b
(Te) TelluriumHIP 36601C 1 bBubble
(Te) TelluriumNUWIA LY-F D12-7C 2
(Te) TelluriumNUWIE IF-C D14-3D 6 a
(Y) YttriumAUPHAIBS DM-K D9-22
(Y) YttriumOUTOTZ L5-K D8-3B 5 aBubble
(Y) YttriumPYROO EORK ZS-F d12-3B 10 a
(Y) YttriumSLAIYU LE-G C24-0BCDE 2 a [Bio site 5]
(Y) YttriumSUTCHAE YK-O D6-13B 6 a
(Y) YttriumSWUENOI JM-D D12-29 c [Bio site 6]

Other POIs:

Aster Trees:
Chau Euq FC-D D12-0
Cliewoae UF-L D9-0

Ring Worlds:
BLAA BYIO OT-Q E5-5

Thanks to CMDR posts on FleetCom Discord:
Alexfighter
Captain-MD
DrMorto
John de Mauzentia
Nemesis-Wolf
Norbert Stiles
Spacecat
SpaceTrash67
Superloafer
Tado Chip
u/Yhrak (reddit)

Cheers o7

Dan
soo...not that it matters a lot due to many of those places being 40k LY to 65k LY + from the bubble, but where is CEEKAEA GR-T D4-0.....?
seems like maybe a typo as it doesn't show in my galactic map......

By The Way, very nice of you to give credit where credit is due, unlike the OP that has done nothing but repeat a post that has already been done a few times before and not once mentioned either the original posters or the discoverers.....

By The Way, very nice of you to give credit where credit is due, unlike the OP that has done nothing but repeat a post that has already been done a few times before and not once mentioned either the original posters or the discoverers.....
That was a bit unnecessary. Not to mention untrue. If you check my orignal post you will see where I linked to the list of sites including the first discoverers.
I would appreciate it if you checked your facts before trolling a thread.

o7

Last edited:
Top Bottom