Newcomer / Intro How to find location of another system/station/player

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm playing with my son. I know his game name and where he is (G188-9 Gubarev City) but have no idea how to find him or his station on the galaxy map. Or if I should even be using the galaxy map. I played Eve for a couple year and loved it till i got bored. I'm having really tough time learning this game.

Would like some guidance on locating a system/station. I enter it in Galaxy map seach and nothing happens. Not even damn "not found" message.

Thanks,
dBerchBlade

First of all, you either both need to be in open or in the same private group.

Second, if either of you are new, you need to make at least 1 jump before you will be able to see each other at all (you are in enforced solo until the first jump). Also if either of you are new you will be in the starter systems which cannot be entered by experienced players.

To find him, open the galaxy map, second tab, search bar, and enter G188-9 and hit enter. This will show you the system. Click on the star then select plot route.

If its some distance from you then you will either need to stop along the way at stations to refuel or have a fuel scoop fitted to your ship to scoop from stars.

Consider the questions though, i have to recommend before you do any of this, sit down with a nice pot of tea and read the manual.

Send him a friend request. When he accepts you'll see him on the galmap provided you have friends set to show on the galmap. Obviously this only works if you're both on the same platform and in open or the same group. Convincing your kids to accept friend requests might be a different issue. ;)

Hi there,

I'm not sure...did you typed the system-name right? The system is named "G 188-9". I fear it was a mistyping auf the "-".
According to EDDB, found system and station.

Otherwise...if you know the name of your boy, try using the Comms-Panel to search Commanders. When found,you can add him as a friend and whenever your son is online you will see an "friends"-icon on the galaxy-map. Be sure not to set any filters (e.g. commodity-filter), otherwise it could be, that the target-system is not chooseable.

Regards,

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom