How to find Thargoid Probe and Artefact after beyond?

Hello cmdrs,

I've been looking for those items for two days now using the "old" method (like flying around ammonia worlds, entering any type of non-human SS, etc) I could find scattered around the internet and I didn't have any luck so far. I even get killed by Thargoids of different types just because they didn't like my Midnight black paint job ;-).

As I wanted to activate the Thargoids structures with my time to discover something and have a good time, I really wish someone knows how to help me.

Thanks for your time cmdrs,

Fly safe.

NHSS5, you often need to fight Thargoids for them. Though I had the opposite problem the other night - wanted to pick a fight and all I got was lousy sensors and probes :(

Thanks a lot. So If I get it correctly I need to find NHSS 5, fight the Thargoides and scavage the probs ? But where cause the past two days I was searching in the pleiades sector like the Delphi system.

Thanks for your time.

o7

NHSS5, you often need to fight Thargoids for them. Though I had the opposite problem the other night - wanted to pick a fight and all I got was lousy sensors and probes :(
Thanks a lot. So If I get it correctly I need to find NHSS 5, fight the Thargoides and scavage the probs ? But where cause the past two days I was searching in the pleiades sector like the Delphi system.

Thanks for your time.

o7
Just a correction... it can be available in any NHSS that spawns an Interceptor and no scouts. These can be any of NHSS 5, 6, 7 or 8 (Being a Cyclops, Basilisk, Medusa and Hydra respectively)

Just note, the following is relevant to those ratings:
NHSS 5 is, as far as I know, always a Cyclops.
NHSS 6 is a Basilisk, or Scouts + Cyclops
NHSS 7 is a Medusa, or Scouts + Basilisk
NHSS 8 is a Hydra, or Scouts + Medusa
NHSS 9 is a Hydra + scouts.

So, always go to 5's, never go to 9's, and you've got a 50/50 of getting the right type of NHSS with 6-8

Go to Asterope where there's literally hundreds of NHSS, scan the nav beacon then start dropping in to each of them.

Slight correction
NHSS 5 is one of the followings:
Just a Sensor
7 or 8 Scouts
Cyclops
Cool.... wasn't aware of the just scouts one.

The "just sensor".... I'm still not entirely convinced that isn't a bug for a handful of reasons... but it's not relevant discussion here. You are right that it can spawn only the sensor though. I'd need to actively verify if it happens for any other threat levels though...

Of course if the find the Probe first the the risk-free way to get a Sensor (previously UA) is from the crash site:

Just in time :)

I know it's well covered by tuts online, but here is some tips for those still having to grab these 25 sensor fragments for Chloe :
  • prepare a ship with landing capabilities, take 2 SRVs and some mats to repair if you can (2 iron / 1 nickel per synth), it's easy to loose one if you toy around too much ;p
  • travel to HIP 17403 / aim for planet A 4 A (the moon)
  • once close, if you don't see the crash site directly, drop on the "crashed ship discovered" signal source (or something similar) and scan the beacon, should give you the exact location
  • target the crashed thargoid ship, glide and land near the T9 down the cliff
  • start climbing in the middle, the crashed conda should be on your right above you
  • as soon as you see cannisters contacts on your radar (should be quick), U-turn and follow them, they may bounce randomly and end up far away so better keep them on sight
  • scoop the sensor fragments first
  • shoot at thargoid sensors, once destroyed they will provide sensor fragments too (usually 2)
  • check the count from time to time, u'll collect more than expected and 6 thargoid sensors may be enough (6 tharg x 2 fragments x 2+ units per scoop = 25ish)
  • rinse and repeat
edit: updated to 25 sensors sorry for that ! thanks to @Erratic Spawn , would be a shame to arrive at Cinder Dock with only 24 ;)
Just - don't blow up the Sensor ;)

Okay. So, to find the probe I must kill cyclops in NHSS5 signals and the sensors I must go to the crash site HIP 17403 A 4 A. With all that could I activate the Thargoide structure?

Nope - no need to kill - just if there is a Probe or Sensor then scoop & run (the Thargoid, if present, will just try and scan you). Probes do not have a fixed spawn location like the crash site (there are other locations but the RNG is harsh). If you have any Thargoid goodies onboard then a Thargoid will attempt to kill you to get them back - which means if you find a Probe first it is better to get the Sensor from the crash. If you find a Sensor first then .. just be fast when checking for Probes or you are likely to die and have to start again. It's quite fun after a while, if initially quite a challenge ;)

If im not mistaken, if there is a Cyclops it pause to scan you, then it will scoop the probe and other stuff (escape pods?) and it will leave the area.
SO you need to be fast on scooping the Probe

I fitted a pick-up limpet controller in my ship already. But I died three times yesterday cause some Thargoids did attack me (one cause I accidentally hit the trigger with the wrong fire group selected ;-) ). And with no skills, nor training, I couldn't last more than 1 minute. But If I must check only the threat 5 signals and if there's no angry of little thargoids ships wing.

Incoming to Sherrill with a second load of Berylium. If the first one registered it should be about 2600 needed

Doh, wrong one :D

DISREGARD NHSS 5 SEARCHING. It is needlessly unsafe if you already have Thargoid items.
Instead, use hatchbreaker limpets on Damaged Science/Hauler Megaships in the Pleiades - there is one smack next to The Oracle in Delphi. The cargo bays have a chance of containing both probes and sensors, and exiting/re-entering the space resets the cargo bays.
Thargoids may arrive, but I've always been pretty lucky, and you get a good warning before they do, unlike NHSS 5s, which may simply plop you next to a Thargoid.

NHSS 5 is an option if you have a fast (550+ m/s) ship like a courier. You may end up racing a Basilisk to a sensor like I did (it won and I had to BSR). The bugged interceptor wreck at HIP 17403 is the better option though.

Being plopped right in the Thargoid's invasion of personal space zone is an issue.

Top Bottom