Newcomer / Intro How to get 50 Lavian Brandy?

I want to unlock Didi, but I don't seem to be able to buy more than 12 lavian brandy. I am watiting for two days now, but there does not seem to be more? Is there another place than lave to get lavian brandy?

only the one station and they'll only allow you to have 12 at any one time, either make 5 trips or wait for Boom state, you get a few more when their in Boom

friends can buy them for you and abandon (Jettison) them for you to pick up too

Last edited:
You can also get a collector controller and some limpets. Fly over 10 K out from the station and wait 10 minutes. Dump the rares in your hold. Fly back at speed to the station - dock and pick up 12 more. Straight back out to the rares in space and deploy a collector limpet (with nothing targeted) to collect the rares in space. Do this in a PG or Solo. They only last a short while in space so you might get away with dumping twice but chances are you'll lose the first load on the second dump in space run.

Or wing up with a friend and get them to feed your ship 12 every 10 minutes again using collector limpets.

First method you only make 3 trips, second one you can get away with one trip as the rares only spawn if you don't have the max amount already in your hold and your friend should be going back to the station empty.

I found it was quicker to deliver what was available then return for the rest, rather than wait for more to spawn.
you can only carry 12 or so anyways , station wont let you purchase any more than that.
have fun 07 :)

Yup, rare goods are like that, the amount you can get is limited. It varies a bit by state of the system. So you have to take whatever you can get, go give it to the engineer, and then do it again (and again). It's not the best gameplay, by a long shot, but that's how it works.

Yup, rare goods are like that, the amount you can get is limited. It varies a bit by state of the system. So you have to take whatever you can get, go give it to the engineer, and then do it again (and again). It's not the best gameplay, by a long shot, but that's how it works.

Well, I am git-used-to the fact that this game is filled with all grinding and ever-repeating tasks. So thanx all for the tips, I will deliver the 12 and when I ever come back to Lave, I hope I will remember to buy some more (probably will not remember what they were for, but never mind..
Unfortunately, I loose interest when repeating the same tasks for more than three times in a row, so getting allied and such is all very long term for me, and this one also. But hthanx for the tips anyway, I will be 12 rares further on the Didi scale thanks to you guys

If you don't like repeating things then do other things in between or on parallel. A trick I use sometimes would be do a rares trip, then go do some random missions (or whatever takes your fancy) and then next play session go and do another rares run alongside something else. I find that splitting up these tasks makes it feel much less grindy, although if you have a long jump range ship then this isn't that much of a grind compared to other stuff.

Thanx Rob,

This is indeed how I handle these things most of the time, but it is hard to keep track of everything pending this way. I am also not sure if the progress on becoming allied with factions wears off over time....

The funny thing is, this was relevant to my day. I just made 4 runs with cigars for Hera, due to exactly the same issue with rare goods being limited stock per commander.

Dear FDevs; please make the engineers ask for 5 rare items. There's no joy in running the same trade route 4-5 times.

If you want them to take longer - put rare goods outside the bubble, such that people really will need to be ready with big jump ranges and fuel scoops to make it.

Top Bottom