Discussion How to get a Carrier listed on Inara?

How do you do that - and how does it work. Do you have to become a member? That is perhaps a stupid question, but I have seen my Carrier a couple of times there, and I have never been a member - so I am asking.

My intention is to increase sales when I am selling stuff from my Carrier.

I am on PS4 - and I have been using the EDSM Console Updater, but is it connected to Inara?

You do not need to be an Inara user for that, at least until your fleet carrier market data will reach the 3rd party tools somehow. As you are a console commander, the EDSM Console updater should work (at least I think so). Another option is to register on Inara, link your account to Frontier and import your data (which will also turn the auto-updates on, including fleet carrier and its data). Or you can just rely on updates of other (PC) commanders docking at your carrier, visiting the market and sending data to 3rd party tools. So whatever is easier or seems to be more reliable to you. :)

You do not need to be an Inara user for that, at least until your fleet carrier market data will reach the 3rd party tools somehow. As you are a console commander, the EDSM Console updater should work (at least I think so). Another option is to register on Inara, link your account to Frontier and import your data (which will also turn the auto-updates on, including fleet carrier and its data). Or you can just rely on updates of other (PC) commanders docking at your carrier, visiting the market and sending data to 3rd party tools. So whatever is easier or seems to be more reliable to you. :)

Thanks! I have a few things to try then :) . I appreciate it!

If you want people to be able to find your carrier and trade with it, I would recommend registering it on Inara and linking your Frontier account.

The EDSM console updater will provide commodities data when commanders land on your carrier but it won't be able to provide any details about docking restrictions (for example), won't alert the services that your carrier has changed locations since its last dock, and won't send any updates on the state of your market while commanders aren't regularly docking with your carrier.

If you want people to be able to find your carrier and trade with it, I would recommend registering it on Inara and linking your Frontier account.

The EDSM console updater will provide commodities data when commanders land on your carrier but it won't be able to provide any details about docking restrictions (for example), won't alert the services that your carrier has changed locations since its last dock, and won't send any updates on the state of your market while commanders aren't regularly docking with your carrier.
Nope EDSM does way more than Inara... Inara only updates FC data When EDDN does for console users.. Inara can not update carrier info from its imports from CAPI it does not work that way...
Inaras imports from CAPI are extremely limited and takes very little data's still...
EDSM imports way more data and this includes carrier markets and does this but takes way way longer for this reason..
All though weired its true for console owners to update FC Inara requires EDSM still...
No matter how many manual import triggered on Inara for console users EDSM is the only system that updates fleet carriers even if your not a member of Inara EDSM updates EDDN and then Inara pulls data from EDDN so updates... inara import page never updates FC market its done from EDDN..

Last edited:
Nope EDSM does way more than Inara... Inara only updates FC data When EDDN does for console users.. Inara can not update carrier info from its imports from CAPI it does not work that way...
Inaras imports from CAPI are extremely limited and takes very little data's still...
EDSM imports way more data and this includes carrier markets and does this but takes way way longer for this reason..
All though weired its true for console owners to update FC Inara requires EDSM still...
No matter how many manual import triggered on Inara for console users EDSM is the only system that updates fleet carriers even if your not a member of Inara EDSM updates EDDN and then Inara pulls data from EDDN so updates... inara import page never updates FC market its done from EDDN..
The information shared via EDDN is much more limited than the data available natively with a linked account.

.... inara import page never updates FC market its done from EDDN..
Actually, Inara does update FC market from cAPI, it's just not made realtime but on user request (or daily update). As current server journals aren't exactly suitable for semi-realtime updates (you always need to fetch a whole journal for an entire day), EDSM doing that is just enough. If Inara will start doing the same, it will probably cause so huge load on the Frontier's server that nobody will get anything. It's great EDSM is doing that, don't perceive me wrong, but each solution has its limits so it cannot be generally applied everywhere. :)

Actually, Inara does update FC market from cAPI, it's just not made realtime but on user request (or daily update). As current server journals aren't exactly suitable for semi-realtime updates (you always need to fetch a whole journal for an entire day), EDSM doing that is just enough. If Inara will start doing the same, it will probably cause so huge load on the Frontier's server that nobody will get anything. It's great EDSM is doing that, don't perceive me wrong, but each solution has its limits so it cannot be generally applied everywhere. :)

You may want to recheck its code..
It never updates my carrier market ever on Inara, no matter how many times I Hit Update on the site or let it do it automaticly over 48 hr,
No matter the update method used it will only update... If it is forced with use via EDSM that updates EDDN...

You may want to recheck its code..
It never updates my carrier market ever on Inara, no matter how many times I Hit Update on the site or let it do it automaticly over 48 hr,
No matter the update method used it will only update... If it is forced with use via EDSM that updates EDDN...
Well, I see your fleet carrier market updated 6 hours ago, the Tritium price and demand match the data received from cAPI and the update didn't came through EDDN. So it seems to be working to me? :)

You do not need to be an Inara user for that, at least until your fleet carrier market data will reach the 3rd party tools somehow. As you are a console commander, the EDSM Console updater should work (at least I think so). Another option is to register on Inara, link your account to Frontier and import your data (which will also turn the auto-updates on, including fleet carrier and its data). Or you can just rely on updates of other (PC) commanders for star wars docking at your carrier, visiting the market and sending data to 3rd party tools of cosplay. So whatever is easier or seems to be more reliable to you. :)
Thanks! I have a few things to try then :) . I appreciate it!

Top Bottom