How to get to Colonia on the budget in less than 3 hours?

Completely off-top but I wonder how using in game information only I should get the point that highway jumps exist and what equipment is required?...

Have to say I do like my comfort zone of having a ship that can manage four full jumps without refuelling when I'm doing long distances. It tends to be the case that I only realise I have a problem after the second jump. Put some jumponium in there and two more jumps seems to be able to get me past any unscoopable area I've been in. Having four jumps in the tank at least allows me to backtrack and reroute after two as well.

Have to say I do like my comfort zone of having a ship that can manage four full jumps without refuelling when I'm doing long distances. It tends to be the case that I only realise I have a problem after the second jump. Put some jumponium in there and two more jumps seems to be able to get me past any unscoopable area I've been in. Having four jumps in the tank at least allows me to backtrack and reroute after two as well.
With a 4C tank (16 t) I had to refuel every 4-5 jumps. I guess that with a 5C tank you should be able to do at least 7 jumps. I had no problems whatsoever with finding scoopable stars, they were at most 5 ly away from me.

Completely off-top but I wonder how using in game information only I should get the point that highway jumps exist and what equipment is required?...
First you have to be very observant to notice the option "Use Jet Con Boost" in the galactic map, and after that you have to be brave enough to ask another pilot what's it all about. It's a well kept secret, not shared with everyone.

With a 4C tank (16 t) I had to refuel every 4-5 jumps. I guess that with a 5C tank you should be able to do at least 7 jumps. I had no problems whatsoever with finding scoopable stars, they were at most 5 ly away from me.
Yes, I'd missed the fact that you're not going to doing max jumps every time on the neutron highway, so you'd get more out of the tank.

I do remember coming across a big patch of unscoopable stars on my first big trip out of the bubble and got through it by finding one M class star I could reach. That was using KGBFOAM in the galmap, so I probably do err on the side of caution after that.

You can use the galaxy map to discover the neutron zones. Filter to neutron stars only, look around, notice how much more frequent they are one sector layer above and below the galactic plane - roughly +/- 1000 ly. Then you can use the route plotter to take advantage of this.

You can use the galaxy map to discover the neutron zones. Filter to neutron stars only, look around, notice how much more frequent they are one sector layer above and below the galactic plane - roughly +/- 1000 ly. Then you can use the route plotter to take advantage of this.
He ment that if you don't use any community created online sources, tutorials and things like that, you might not even know - by playing the game itself- that there is this option to jump further using neutron stars.

He ment that if you don't use any community created online sources, tutorials and things like that, you might not even know - by playing the game itself- that there is this option to jump further using neutron stars.
Well, he said "highway jumps", not neutron jumps.

If he really meant the latter case though, then it's more simple. Be observant a bit, notice that the route plotter has the option to toggle "jet cone boosts". Then take a look at the Codex, it tells you that you can use neutron star boosts. (Under "Galaxy map - Route plotting".)
The information isn't spoon-fed to players, but it is there, all in-game.

... and once you are on the Neutron field plot where you wish to go on the same level, then move to the plane you wish to be on at the end of the journey, the long jumps will make most of your journey - and remember an AFMU :)

By flying a DBX and following this route.

I did Colonia once during the DW2 expedition but never bothered to check out shipyards. I know that ship transfer to Colonia takes 3 days or so and costs a fortune. So if someone wants to go there for a longer stay and doesn't have the billions of credits to ship a Cutter and some other ships, can you still buy all the game ships and just transfer modules?

Well, he said "highway jumps", not neutron jumps.

If he really meant the latter case though, then it's more simple. Be observant a bit, notice that the route plotter has the option to toggle "jet cone boosts". Then take a look at the Codex, it tells you that you can use neutron star boosts. (Under "Galaxy map - Route plotting".)
The information isn't spoon-fed to players, but it is there, all in-game.
Hey, that's cool.
I hadn't noticed those new entries in the Codex.

I did Colonia once during the DW2 expedition but never bothered to check out shipyards. I know that ship transfer to Colonia takes 3 days or so and costs a fortune. So if someone wants to go there for a longer stay and doesn't have the billions of credits to ship a Cutter and some other ships, can you still buy all the game ships and just transfer modules?
Corvettes and Imperial ships aren't available. Most other ships are, just as most of ship modules.

I had to buy 8A Power Plant and 5A FSD in the bubble.

One more question. How do you paste destination into the route plotter?
In Spansh plotter you have small buttons after system names. When you click it, it'll copy the system name so you can paste it in the galaxy map.

I open the map after my FSD is supercharged, paste the destination and while I'm jumping, I check and copy the next destination.

Basically I agree. "Stay cool and open your mind. And eyes. And you'll see.". But fuel scoop module?
Yeah, I don't think the fuel scoop requirement for neutron star boosts is there anywhere, but it is all but required for exploration anyway, and is listed on the Codex too as exploration equipment. Even without opening the Codex though, you'll realise you're missing a fuel scoop very early on, and the route plotter will also tell you when you'll run out of fuel.

So it's kind of like saying that you need weapons for combat. Sure, technically you don't, because you could kill somebody just by ramming them. Same as how you could fly to Colonia without a fuel scoop. Neither method is the common, recommended one.

Yeah, I don't think the fuel scoop requirement for neutron star boosts is there anywhere, but it is all but required for exploration anyway, and is listed on the Codex too as exploration equipment. Even without opening the Codex though, you'll realise you're missing a fuel scoop very early on, and the route plotter will also tell you when you'll run out of fuel.

So it's kind of like saying that you need weapons for combat. Sure, technically you don't, because you could kill somebody just by ramming them. Same as how you could fly to Colonia without a fuel scoop. Neither method is the common, recommended one.
Sounds reasonable. But not my case because I'm in the bubble fuel tank jumper. Because it seems to me that it is faster.

Top Bottom