How to get your FDL unwanted when you can't fly her

I was in a fighter in multi-crew and I got a 400cr bounty which attached itself to my FDL (which was my most expensive ship) which was back at my home base at Cleve Hub Eravate.

When I got back and went into the shipyard I found I couldn't transfer to my FDL to fly it to an IF anywhere and when I flew my Asp to one I didn't give me the opportunity to pay the fine off because I need to be in the ship which has the fine on it which in this case I can't fly anywhere!

Is this a bug or or me not understanding the game mechanics? I have gotten rid of bounties/fines before but that was when I got the bounties/fines in the ship I was flying...

You should be able to have the ship transferred to a station where it is not wanted. Then you'll be able to switch to it, go to IF and clear the bounty. The transfer is supposed to be more expensive for hot ships, but I'm not sure by how much.

So, your saying you received a bounty attached to your FDL when you were not even flying your FDL when the bounty was incurred? If so, that does not sound at all right.

I was in multicrew - We were in a haz res and it said before we started that any fines/bounties will be assessed in your most expensive ship which in my case is an FDL

Edit to add: Flew my Asp to the nearest IF with a shipyard and got my FDL transferred there. Soon have it sorted.

Thanks all for the replies! :D

Last edited:
So, your saying you received a bounty attached to your FDL when you were not even flying your FDL when the bounty was incurred? If so, that does not sound at all right.

Crimes committed in multicrew attach themselves to your most expensive ship. As the OP stated.

As mentioned earlier, you should be able to transfer the hot ship (at a highly inflated price) to a shipyard in an anarchy system and get into it there.

Crimes committed in multicrew attach themselves to your most expensive ship. As the OP stated.

As mentioned earlier, you should be able to transfer the hot ship (at a highly inflated price) to a shipyard in an anarchy system and get into it there.

Are you sure its anarchy - I'm in a Low Sec system where there is a IF and getting my ship transferred right now....

It is right. The 3.0 patch notes relating to crime include the following - "Players that join a Multi-crew session in someone else’s ship, and commit a crime, have a corresponding fine/bounty added to their own most valuable ship."

P.S. Ninja'd - Already said. just read back over the earlier posts. :)

Last edited:
It is right. The 3.0 patch notes relating to crime include the following - "Players that join a Multi-crew session in someone else’s ship, and commit a crime, have a corresponding fine/bounty added to their own most valuable ship."

P.S. Ninja'd - Already said. just read back over the earlier posts. :)

One big reason never to join a multi-crew!!!

The problem here is: While he was in multicrew, his most expensive ship apparently became wanted in Eravate, where it was parked.

This doesn't make sense, his ship should become wanted in the system where the crime was committed, not where it was parked. This created the problem that he could not enter the ship again and pay off his bounty.

If your most expensive ship is already docked in Anarchy system when you commit a crime then you shouldn't loose access to your ship, right?
[noob]

It's almost as if the way multi crew works is a bit stupid, sort of like the new c&p. If something needs to be as long winded as this, then perhaps it needs to be taken back to the drawing board...

Just want to say, I appreciate PO attitude avoiding any personal judgement to the developers, strongly opinionated game design critics, revenue assessments based on steam charts. Thanks for just asking a question and adapting your gameplay to the game changes, and your acknowledgement of the help received!

I had completely forgotten what education and manners look like in this forum :D

Last edited:
I have no plans of picking up any bounties any time soon, but... if your misdeeds are applied to the most expensive ship you own, not the ship you're currently flying, or will be returned to upon ending a multicrew session, then this is pure

6f24020abd1c3a7116a1ed6665ba2e95.jpg

I have no plans of picking up any bounties any time soon, but... if your misdeeds are applied to the most expensive ship you own, not the ship you're currently flying, or will be returned to upon ending a multicrew session, then this is pure ...

oh, didn't last long..

The problem here is: While he was in multicrew, his most expensive ship apparently became wanted in Eravate, where it was parked.

This doesn't make sense, his ship should become wanted in the system where the crime was committed, not where it was parked. This created the problem that he could not enter the ship again and pay off his bounty.

I think it was in Eravate's High RES we were hunting - If it was in a diff system is it the system we are flying in that we are wanted afterwards?

Edit for fix - Travelled to LowSec system with another ship and transferred ship to that station wherein I could pay of fine.

Last edited:
Alternative perspective to the outrage above, and an additional fact.

I host multi-crew in my Corvette a lot. I mean, I open it up for random people to join (in Open, because no multicrew anywhere else). 99% of people who join are great to have on board, but there's always the odd idiot who thinks its acceptable behavior to abuse other peoples hospitality. Therefore, I quite like that people get to take their bounties home with them. On their most expensive ship, becuase I'm hosting in my most expensive ship. (And friendly fire? I dont tolerate sloppy trigger discipline on my ship!).

And the additional fact: FDev wimped out on the above, and you only get the bounty if you accept credits you earned. Its completely possible to cancel the whole lot at the end of the session, and you absolutely have the choice if you take the credits+bounty or nothing.

Top Bottom