How to kill the game

Let me help you.

Today is September 20.

There are 30 days in September.

That's 2/3rd of the month. 66.6%.

More than half the month.

The school year begins for most students in the last week of August.

That would be before September begins.

Here is the Steam chart for Elite Dangerous for the Month of September.
View attachment 263451
Here is the % change data.
View attachment 263452
Here is the trend since Odyssey release.
View attachment 263453
Are you really going to claim "summer" did it?
View attachment 263455
You make me feel like this guy.
View attachment 263454

Elite is doomed
Everything is so wrong
The seal doth protest

Fin.

"The school year begins for most students in the last week of August."

Oh really?

Not where I grew up - my nieces & nephews all started back after labour day weekend.

Not where I am raising my kids - they started back first week of September.

And not university students in the UK - they started back on 20 September.
I'm from 'Merica with our population of 330 million, I don't know how your island of 56 million do school.

FD will keep the game afloat as long as it's profitable, they'll pull the plug when it isn't, follow the money.
That's pretty much it right there.
As long as the cosmetics are selling (still beats me why considering the questionable quality of recolours), the game will stay.

There is always and influx of players when new "content" is released, look at the start of Odyssey. Massive peak. People play it for a bit and then leave if it doesn't live up to their expectations. If it does, they will stick around. Some of them might be new players, some of them might be returning players who just put the game on ice until better times, content or frame rates.

Personally, ED has become a filler game for me. I play ED when I ran out of anything else to play or want to catch up on movies and TV shows. I go mining & watch my shows. Can't do that while playing Aliens Fireteam or Valheim.

Top Bottom