How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
Well done. This is the first video I've seen of a proper duel between a CMDR and a thargoid. I knew there would be players with the skill to take them down 1vs1.

Just hope that I am one of them. [yesnod]

Excellent fight. It looks to me like people's fears about this being farmable are somewhat misplaced if solo takes 20+mins and a huge chunk of hull and that's only if you have huge hull health as well as space for at least 5-7 hardpoints, 4 of which are C2 for the missiles.

Not to mention the skills it basically requires, such as fixed weapon proficiency.

This looks like it severely limits what kinds of ship can do it solo, otherwise it's a job for a wing.

That is a very good challenge.

I agree, I like the way FD implemented the Thargoids, it's a great PvE challenge that you can do on your own for a challenge or distribute the challenge among friends.

As for farming, I am doing a few more for the sake of the loot they drop, some of them are engineering materials, so I want to stock up a little. The advantage of soloing is you keep the loot all to yourself.

That's some good comprehensive stuff, OP, thank you very much for the info. I'm glad I read this before having a crack at it myself.

I agree, I like the way FD implemented the Thargoids, it's a great PvE challenge that you can do on your own for a challenge or distribute the challenge among friends.

As for farming, I am doing a few more for the sake of the loot they drop, some of them are engineering materials, so I want to stock up a little. The advantage of soloing is you keep the loot all to yourself.

Watching the fight with the weak points made me reminesce of old shoot 'em ups :D But I agree it is a nice way of doing it not just making them bullet sponges.

They drop human engineering materials? Or is this for some new engineering options?

Thanks for this video. My first attempt ended up with the Thargoid having 50% on his last heart and me running out of ammo. I think a few more tries and ill have it.

They drop human engineering materials? Or is this for some new engineering options?

I would assume they drop the same random stuff the Barnacle sites can? It wasn't just meta alloys from there either, you could get a wide variety of material grades.

Check out my video, it's toward the end I check the contact panel. They drop two engineering materials and a cargo item called "Thargoid Heart".

Thanks for this video. My first attempt ended up with the Thargoid having 50% on his last heart and me running out of ammo. I think a few more tries and ill have it.

No problem, it took me a few practice runs before I got it right. The key to using your ammo efficiently is to be patient, and let the Interceptor go into a linear path toward you, where you missiles cannot miss.

I would assume they drop the same random stuff the Barnacle sites can? It wasn't just meta alloys from there either, you could get a wide variety of material grades.

Oh they drop new stuff, check it out in the video, it's toward the end.

Just lol, Thx Glutony! for this thread and video where I had good laugh, both very nicely put together and informative. Sadly only can give +rep once.

The only bad thing is the cloud they leave behind makes it impossible to pick anything up from it without risking getting blown up.

Guess that's where the HRPs will come in then. But it really is nice to see an enemy that's even a threat when blowing up. When I watched for a moment I thought it would go Singularity Core critical on you alá Romulans. But a highly caustic stinking cloud also works.

Impressive, well played. I'm holding back my efforts a little, to see if the Aegis CG will result in new equipment, but I'm starting to wonder if a Gunship wouldn't be a good Tharg hunter. Four C2s and a fighter bay could make it a not-insane-rebuy middle ground.

r,
j,

Impressive, well played. I'm holding back my efforts a little, to see if the Aegis CG will result in new equipment, but I'm starting to wonder if a Gunship wouldn't be a good Tharg hunter. Four C2s and a fighter bay could make it a not-insane-rebuy middle ground.

r,
j,

While it can probably be done, ATM the more hull reinforcement you can get the better to survive + shield and scb. And who has most Optional space... Biggies

+rep for an excellent writeup and video.

And extra virtual +rep for not bragging about it. And for doing it alone, too.

Top Bottom