How will Planet Coaster be released?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I was wondering how this game is going to be released. It's spiritual predecessor, RCT3, was available by DVD in stores, as well as Platinum edition being available on Steam. Other than some discussion on Steam support (Using keys) and different OS support, I've yet to find the answer. Installer through private email? Pick up from local store? Anyway, thank you to anyone who responds to this post, whether it be with suggestions or the answer. Have a good one!

Last edited:
I kinda doubt there will be a DVD at all. Most likely going to be a digital copy from their site you download, or from steam from the looks of the last ED release.

I bought Fallout 4 on a DVD... and I still needed to download 25 GB, because a DVD just can store 4,7 GB. So if this game is about to get over 10 GB, a DVD would be very useless for people with bad internet connections like me.

I bought Fallout 4 on a DVD... and I still needed to download 25 GB, because a DVD just can store 4,7 GB. So if this game is about to get over 10 GB, a DVD would be very useless for people with bad internet connections like me.

= 3 DVDs

But today no one do this. It's all over the internet

You have also duel layer DVD also called DVD-R9 discs hold 8.5 GB .
From my part i am happy with a download link with a woppy 12.5 MB per second [big grin]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I think Frontier will release Planet Coaster through a custom online support platform, specially made for Planet Coaster, that includes the online features of the game, and a system to share user saved creations (ride blueprints, saved sets of scenery).

I think Frontier will release Planet Coaster through a custom online support platform, specially made for Planet Coaster, that includes the online features of the game, and a system to share user saved creations (ride blueprints, saved sets of scenery).
I think you may be right Joel

We have discussed this before in an older thread and Frontier has already mentioned that their plans are currently an "Online Only" release platform at this time.

It's real. I also have the DVD edition ;)
giphy.gif

God bless Steam !

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom