HP Reverb G2 - The Hype is real

I pulled the trigger on an upgrade from my OG Vive when I found a pre-order of £525 still available.

Anybody want to buy a used Vive for a very reasonable price?

super happy I gambled with a pre-order now. God this is gonna get expensive... G2, Flight simulator 2020 and and what ever monster Nvidia graphics card that comes out this year to drive it all 😅
Same. I've been upgrading my system this year. Gone down the AMD route this time and I'm really happy I did. Sold my Rift and Go a couple of months ago, so the G2 came along at just the right time. Waiting to see what AMD and Nvidia come up with in the next few months. Exciting times.

Last edited:
i should unsubsribe from this topic, cuz i got no spare cash for this) and actually no reasonable way to obtain (purchase) G2

@aXeL Do not forget that Tyriel Wood get his G2 short before he made this first video of it. That was only his first impression. I'm sure his coming videos bringing also more up. MRTV didn't show a first impression video, he started with though the lens videos and test much more days before he bring his preview. Tyriel Wood video is more a first impression video than a preview.

Here is a FoV comparison video with the G2:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkUtY8ifDs

meh
my pimax 5kxr can do 180 FoV and is OLED @4k rez
pass!
180? why no 420? 5k only has 170 vertical max and with a lot of blurring and distortion (yet this is much bigger then coventional stuff like G2's 100 degrees). Then divide that "4k" to diagonal and compare that PPI to G2's. Pimax "hi res" is not so hi, when large fov is taken into account

To me personally, the below is a much more helpful comparison because he's emphatic, although not detailed, about it's improvement over my G1. Also, there's more 'through the lens' video and showing how text is improved. Having watched this, I'm tempted.

At 11m10s he says that, "THE SWEET SPOT IS COVERING THE ENTIRE FOV!!"
:eek::eek::eek::love:

...And now I'm broke again
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HGxh_K5jMM
Haha excellent. Will watch that later thanks.

I’m rather excited about getting this one.

1596726826593-png.183089

from @Kyokushin post.

Tyriel is someone who can be trusted, i suppose
For me a more interesting question would be, "Is it worth upgrading from my G1 for the sweet spot?", if I could be bothered to ask it. More likely I'll just watch more reviews and then bite the bullet on one. Then I can leave the G1 in my holiday home so it kinda gives me a weak excuse for needing a new one.

For me a more interesting question would be, "Is it worth upgrading from my G1 for the sweet spot?", if I could be bothered to ask it. More likely I'll just watch more reviews and then bite the bullet on one. Then I can leave the G1 in my holiday home so it kinda gives me a weak excuse for needing a new one.
Ill agree with him on that - if you could get a good geal on yours G1 - go ahead, but otherwise my guess that swap is not gonna worth it

If anyone is planning on selling their hp reverb, and it's the second edition, with no screen issues, pm me 😊

If anyone is planning on selling their hp reverb, and it's the second edition, with no screen issues, pm me 😊
I am selling mine, is almost brand new (i got it replaced a month ago), G1v2 and have noticable better image quality than v2 from 2019 i had before.

Top Bottom