HP Reverb Pro: Ask Me Anything!

Just talked with a HP sales person new stock of the reverb will start being released 8/13/19 - 8/21/19. How much truth is in that ? You guess is as good as mine.

Hi Exigeous! Thank you for this review, and for continuing to answer questions.

A few questions, mostly related to your settings.

1. Have you run with motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled = true to see if your dips below 90fps are always caused by GPU (Dark Blue) or if they're sometimes caused by CPU (Light Blue)?
  2. What do you have the following set to:
    1. SteamVR Video tab Slider
    2. SteamVR Applications tab Slider
    3. In-Game Supersampling
    4. In-Game HMD Quality
  3. Did you buy a VR Cover for it, and if so, is it an improvement over the stock one?
  4. Any issues, after several months of use?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Just talked with a HP sales person new stock of the reverb will start being released 8/13/19 - 8/21/19. How much truth is in that ? You guess is as good as mine.

I take it by your date format, that you are talking about the States here? I can't get any sense out of HP -UK, which on the grand scheme of things is pretty much standard for HP-UK!!
Anyone else any update on UK/Europe Reverb coming back into sale??

My Reverb started to show some issues (flashing right display, dimming left display). I contacted HP and they promised to send me a new working unit. They told me they were out of stock and expected to ship on 30.9. (I live in Finland).

My Reverb started to show some issues (flashing right display, dimming left display). I contacted HP and they promised to send me a new working unit. They told me they were out of stock and expected to ship on 30.9. (I live in Finland).

Sorry wrong post as i have just read yours and you do say where you live....

I take it by your date format, that you are talking about the States here? I can't get any sense out of HP -UK, which on the grand scheme of things is pretty much standard for HP-UK!!
Anyone else any update on UK/Europe Reverb coming back into sale??
Yup I live in the USofA

While I can't share everything I know I can say that from what I've been told that lines up and I'd expect it to be true. They are about to ramp monthly production something like 5x what they've had so far.

Have you run with motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled = true to see if your dips below 90fps are always caused by GPU (Dark Blue) or if they're sometimes caused by CPU (Light Blue)?
No, but if you need me to I can test that for you - I actually run at 60 Hz as I'm lucky enough to not be able to "feel" that difference (where on my 144hz monitor I can vs. 60). Personally I'd rather run at 60Hz so I can run at near ultra settings as I'd rather have prettier frames than more of them and I make sure I never drop below 60 (as I basically never do)

Answers in-line in bold font. As a brief update since my early review I've pretty massively overclocked my system and am running my 8086k at 5.3Ghz on all cores (base is 4.4 with boost to 5.0 so that's pretty big) as I delid'ed and went liquid metal. I also have the 2080Ti overclocked to 2080Mhz and memory to 7700 - in benchmarks that's given me as much as a 20% bump in framerate in games like Assetto Corsa, War Thunder and Dirt Rally (games I have that happen to have benchmark tools in them)
  1. What do you have the following set to:
    1. SteamVR Video tab Slider: 100%
    2. SteamVR Applications tab Slider: 100%
    3. In-Game Supersampling: 1
    4. In-Game HMD Quality: 1.5
  2. Did you buy a VR Cover for it, and if so, is it an improvement over the stock one? No, there isn't yet a custom one for it and I don't want to add extra padding/thickness. While the stock leather faceplate of the Pro version isn't as comfortable as the leather VR Cover on my Rift it's more than fine.
  3. Any issues, after several months of use? The only one I've had a few times is due to heat - if the headset gets too hot one or both of the displays will dim to help lower the heat. This is very rare and by having a fan blowing on your face (which I prefer anyway) it's not an issue. This was a big problem with early headsets and part of the reason for the delay (can't say more than that though)
Yep, this is the issue that has held up production and while I can't share all the details I have I can share that it has been addressed. If you're not getting prompt service please contact me via my Discord and I'll make sure you're connected with the right folks. My contacts are all in the states but I'll see what they can do.

...................................... I'll make sure you're connected with the right folks. My contacts are all in the states but I'll see what they can do.

Hey Exigeous, I don't suppose your contacts over there in the states, know of any HP UK (Europe) contacts who can ask 'WHEN' we might expect the Verb to be back on sale in this backwater country called UN-United Kingdom??

BTW.....LOVE ur Vids and streams :)

Thanks

While I can't share everything I know I can say that from what I've been told that lines up and I'd expect it to be true. They are about to ramp monthly production something like 5x what they've had so far.

No, but if you need me to I can test that for you - I actually run at 60 Hz as I'm lucky enough to not be able to "feel" that difference (where on my 144hz monitor I can vs. 60). Personally I'd rather run at 60Hz so I can run at near ultra settings as I'd rather have prettier frames than more of them and I make sure I never drop below 60 (as I basically never do)

Yep, this is the issue that has held up production and while I can't share all the details I have I can share that it has been addressed. If you're not getting prompt service please contact me via my Discord and I'll make sure you're connected with the right folks. My contacts are all in the states but I'll see what they can do.
So why all the super secrecy around this product? You would think it's a military secret.

a Very ENGLISH Grrrrrrrrrrrr..... But excited for you! PLEASE PLEASE report back when you have had a chance to get it setup and you have played ED. Anxious to hear what you think!

Thanks, and still an English Grrrrrrr ;)

a Very ENGLISH Grrrrrrrrrrrr..... But excited for you! PLEASE PLEASE report back when you have had a chance to get it setup and you have played ED. Anxious to hear what you think!

Thanks, and still an English Grrrrrrr ;)
Will do, LOL

Top Bottom