HUD Elements [Limpet Controllers]

So, I have a suggestion based on me staring at the controllers while I'm mining. Doesn't just have to be for mining, but this would be extremely helpful. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Limpet Timers.jpg

Where I've highlighted green, I think controllers that have timers attached to the limpets should be displayed on either the immediate right or left of the controllers. This way, while you're busy mining you can keep track of how much lifetime your current batch of limpets has. I'd rather not have to set a cell phone timer every time I start mining to keep track. It should be an automatically managed and observable mechanic within the HUD itself. This way you can not only better manager your time, but also make sure to be on top of re-deploying them. If a limpet were to take damage and be destroyed by an asteroid or other ship, the timer for that active controller should immediately go to zero.

The suggestion for a timer that would work as part of this could be a similar HUD element to the FSD cooldown timer bar. Just place one to the right/left of each controller that has a limpet active with a "life cycle" (ie: #A Collector Limpet Controllers have lifecycles of 720s, or 12 minutes).

Thoughts?

uh, why? Just fire off new ones when they show as having extra capacity (the 0/256 number, if you were in range). As you point out, the timer would be pointless when limpets can die early.

uh, why? Just fire off new ones when they show as having extra capacity (the 0/256 number, if you were in range). As you point out, the timer would be pointless when limpets can die early.

My point is while they're active.. I want to know how LONG they're active for instead of having to guess or using an external timer. It has nothing to do with them dying early. I'd rather have an easily accessible HUD element than have to set a timer all the time. It's pretty self-explanatory to me.

Top Bottom