Newcomer / Intro Huge Ring System - Can't Map

I discovered a class 1 gas giant with a super huge ring system. I mapped the giant, mapped the A ring, but the B ring is so huge and far out (starting beyond 2.5ls and extending to 5ls) that probes can't reach it, can't lock onto it. Flying out to the B ring yields a message that probes are out of range (of the giant). Is there an alternative or are these rings just unmappable?

I discovered a class 1 gas giant with a super huge ring system. I mapped the giant, mapped the A ring, but the B ring is so huge and far out (starting beyond 2.5ls and extending to 5ls) that probes can't reach it, can't lock onto it. Flying out to the B ring yields a message that probes are out of range (of the giant). Is there an alternative or are these rings just unmappable?
I guess this warrants a bug report.

I have heard of this happening with some of the ringed brown dwarf stars before now, I didn’t know rings around planets could be so extensive.

If you do bug report it please check as much as you can that there isn’t an existing report that you could confirm.

In addition to the above, check for moons or planets in close proximity to the ring. Sometimes you'll be out of range of the body the ring belongs to, but still able to reach it from another.

One of our expedition team found such a planet a few kLys from Beagle Point...I faceplanted the rings several times = so they are definitely there - but unable to map them also...

Top Bottom