Huge Ring System

I just came back from an exploration jaunt out through the Elysian Shore, where I discovered HEGEIA WZ-R B32-0. The second planet in this system is a Class 1 Gas Giant with a huge ring system. The A-ring I was able to map, but the B-ring was so far out from the planet that it was unreachable by map probes. This B-ring begins around 2.5ls out, beyond this planet's moon 'C', and extends out close to 5.0ls in total. I had mentioned this find a few weeks ago when I first discovered it, and a forum member stated it maybe should be reported as a bug. I don't know... it's very interesting, even for a bug if it is. I'll leave that decision up to someone else.

HEGEIA WZ-R B32-0 2
P5ANwCQ.png

28YreFH.png

You can. Just fly close to it and launch a probe. You can do this even if you are 'too far' away.
I tried that and it didn't work. I had the planet targeted at the time, and moving that far out gave me an out of range message. Does the planet need to be targeted? I didn't try it without. Maybe I'll have to head back out there and try again? :confused:

I tried that and it didn't work. I had the planet targeted at the time, and moving that far out gave me an out of range message. Does the planet need to be targeted? I didn't try it without. Maybe I'll have to head back out there and try again? :confused:

You are right, I was wrong.
I thought I fired a probe once when I was out of range.
I just found a ring big enough to try it again and it didn't work. I am sorry for my faulty memory.

Top Bottom