Hunting Guardian Stuff

you need lasers to 'charge' the beacon in orbit to obtain an ancient key, which is used instead of the ancient relic at a guardian site that gives the fighter blueprint.

For Guardian Modules and weapons you dont really need ship storage.
Every run you pick an ancient relic with the srv then drop it at the end of the run to get the blueprint

IF you want to unlock the Guardian SLF, then you need at ship storage.
You pick the Ancient key from space installations and you have to transport it to Planetary Guardian Structures to unlock the blue prints. So for all 3 SLF blue prints you need 3t cargo storage.
So I will need three keys.

Ok. I have the cash from mining to actually think about going for a Guardian FSD Booster to make sight seeing easier.
There are a lot of things already found that I want to go see in person.
Found an excellent post and some tutorials about where to go and what to get for the booster.
What is missing is how often am I going to have to fight the Sentinels?
Can they be fought from the ship?
Looks like almost all the stuff I need is about 1000LY away from where I am and scattered over a rather large area so the total trip is likely to run 3000ly.
For that length of trip would an AFMU be a really good idea?
If so, what class?
Looks like no one mentioned that Sentinels' main weapons push you on hit. Try to face directly at them or up to 45 degree off. If they hit you from your side they might push you over and it's annoying.

Well?? Update? How did/is it going?
I had to work the last two days.. Hope for some game time tomorrow.
Knew about the main weapon pushing the SRV around. Not looking forward to just going toe-to-toe with them since my Skimmer technique was to back away so they usually fell short.

I had to work the last two days.. Hope for some game time tomorrow.
Knew about the main weapon pushing the SRV around. Not looking forward to just going toe-to-toe with them since my Skimmer technique was to back away so they usually fell short.
From my experience, the Sentinels are dumber than skimmers.

It's easy to get them to lose sight of you by hiding behind something, and when that happens they usually just sit in one place, confused, occasionally tossing a missile into the air. If you've got PDs on your DBX the missiles just get shot down anyway. On the off-chance you do get hit with a missile it can knock you around a bit, but setting the hand brake mostly stops it.

Anyway, I've always been able to pick off the Sentinels one by one, simply by hiding behind cover, waiting for the Sentinel to get confused, and then slowly inching out of cover until I can shoot the Sentinel. It won't react much, and may even just sit there motionless.

If you can kill skimmers, Sentinels are no problem.

Well?? Update? How did/is it going?
Ok. Took 4 tries before I got it open the first time.. Me thinks a bigger/higher power/multiple thermal weapon(s) would make it easier since there seems to be no way I can get all three pylons charged with one ship and one 2D gimbaled before the timer expires. But I would hate to try to stay on the Target with a Fixed.

But. Stationed one ship in Digital Flight Controls at the right place to charge one beacon. Positioned the other ship and went digital. Charged both at the same time and then quick like a bunny got one ship over to the 3rd pylon and charged it.

Have to read the data point even though it said complete in order to get the second key.

Each ship now has a Key. Guess I have to do this 4 more times.
Does logging out get a new set of data from the data point?

A wing of 4 ships could make quick easy work of this.

Nope. Don't get a new Data Point but you still have to scan it to get a new Key.
Now at the system I got from the Data point and there is a body with 9 Biological Features.
Feature 1 is Brain Trees with growths.
For some reason my Composition Scanner is refusing to work.
BIO Feature 6 same thing.

Last edited:
I thought you were going to unlock Guardian FSD booster.
I am planning to, but figured that while I was at it I might as well get the stuff for the Fighters.

Here is an overhead of the Guardian Site the Beacon I went to sent me to.

Don't ask me how I did that. I don't know. One of my sips can do and the other one can't. the command to release the drone (free camera) is exactly the same for both ships. One let the camera have night vision and the other doesn't.

Really wishing I have a LOT more cargo space for all the Enchantment stuff after reading this completely.

Oh well.. I can do it again later.

Right now, How do I get the "machine" activated to drop the Ancient Artifact and Keys in?

Top Bottom